GTAW 3.0 : Merging starts the 04/NOV!

Nervous

3 minutes ago, imDaniellll said:

Any chance of implementing of airplanes flying inbetween the 2 cities as opposed to teleporting? I would love to run an airline service between the 2 cities.

This is more of a future implementation if anything - however, I think you should hit up LFM and you could probably RP at the airport station and get a property made there for that type of roleplay in the meantime. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ascendency said:

What about criminals? So will they just change their city to evade law enforcement easily?

I don't see anything wrong with this. Many criminals IRL flee their state or even the country when they receive felony warrants. Some even do it for misdemeanors because they don't wanna spent a single night in jail. So if it does it happen ingame, it'll be realistic. Besides, law enforcements agencies are able communicate to find wanted criminals in different cities.

EDIT: Realistically speaking they would have to use a fake passport to flee to another city through an airport though, otherwise US customs would arrest them right at the airport. Unless I'm wrong, and customs don't check if any passengers are wanted criminals when travelling inter-state?

Edited by imDaniellll
4 minutes ago, imDaniellll said:

I don't see anything wrong with this. Many criminals IRL flee their state or even the country when they receive felony warrants. Some even do it for misdemeanors because they don't wanna spent a single night in jail. So if it does it happen ingame, it'll be realistic. Besides, law enforcements agencies are able communicate to find wanted criminals in different cities.

EDIT: Realistically speaking they would have to use a fake passport to flee to another city through an airport though, otherwise US customs would arrest them right at the airport. Unless I'm wrong, and customs don't check if any passengers are wanted criminals when travelling inter-state?

Generally this'd involve Federal authorities though. Probably the US Marshall Service for the apprehension of fugitives, or the FBI if there's on-going crime crossing state lines. Mostly state / local APB's / warrants don't really reach that far. Have to keep in mind that New York (The state Liberty City is based off of) and California (The state San Andreas is based off of) are 2400+ miles apart (measured off flight distance). 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, imDaniellll said:

More than having a planned roleplay and escaping with a fake passport, I mean rushing to the airport after escaping from police pursuits (although it's impossible) or killing someone. If LCPD and LS departments don't cooperate enough, they will able to continue their roleplay in LC easily.

I know that there will be FBI but I think it's for more complicated crimes than manhunting a guy who wanted to just escape the police without reason.

6 minutes ago, Ascendency said:

I know that there will be FBI but I think it's for more complicated crimes than manhunting a guy who wanted to just escape the police without reason.

Truth be told fleeing a state takes premeditation unless you accidentally drive over state lines ( in most cases, law enforcement would continue pursuing until the respective agency can take over or something, that's for most county / state agencies anyway. LAPD for example wouldn't stop a pursuit because you drove out of the city limits. The sheriff's department and/or CHP would be contacted and deployed and would take over. ( EDIT: This'd probably be for violent felonies etc. If you ran from a traffic stop, they'd most likely let you go and put out an APB / Arrest Warrant & share it with that corresponding jurisdiction.) )

I could understand it if it was an arms trafficker or drug dealer that'd run to LC with premediation ( get a fake passport, etc. ) especially if they have an outstanding warrant for a violent felony etc. Otherwise I can see why it'd be blocked.. At the very least for petty crimes (misdemeanors & infractions) it should be.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ascendency said:

More than having a planned roleplay and escaping with a fake passport, I mean rushing to the airport after escaping from police pursuits (although it's impossible) or killing someone. If LCPD and LS departments don't cooperate enough, they will able to continue their roleplay in LC easily.

I think fake passports and fake drivers licenses and all that should be properly implemented for this reason. This means murderers cant just flee the state without going through the proper roleplay of acquiring fake identification.

I think travelling to another city to avoid arrest should be fully allowed still as its common IRL. Also, if it wasn't allowed, then Federal Law Enforcements agencies wouldn't have much to do. Hunting Federal Fugitives will probably be the main activity of the US Marshall Service, if Marshalls do end up implemented that is. Maybe they can run a Federal Witness Protection Program as well, so that snitches can finally safely testify without fearing being character killed.

• Upvote 2