What can be improved on the San Andreas server to retain a consistent PB parallel to LC?

LAGhost

This thread serves more as a general consensus, but I'm personally curious to hear what you guys think is missing from San Andreas.

We all know the problems we have within the server, but what is missing from it, that can be fixed, or reinvented in a way that benefits the playerbase?

One thing I've noticed is that being in a smaller map, albeit it feels big; city block environments tend to naturally provide more roleplay. We know LA, opposed to NYC; everything is spread apart. So your RP interactions are gapped by destinations being in one place downtown, and another across the city in up-town Rockford. Does it feel consistent? What would draw you back, based on what's missing?

Revamp the penal code.

Start actually punishing random DMs and over escalations.

Reduce the amount of automatic guns.

Start actually enforcing the fact that it's an RP server and not an over-elaborate DM server.

Bring back the focus of development RP over DM RP.  

• Upvote 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 4
17 minutes ago, RSanders said:

Revamp the penal code.

Start actually punishing random DMs and over escalations.

Reduce the amount of automatic guns.

Start actually enforcing the fact that it's an RP server and not an over-elaborate DM server.

Bring back the focus of development RP over DM RP.  

^^^^

shouldve fixed Ls before making a new server 

• Upvote 13
  • Applaud 1

Can I be the first to say: 

Maybe we should hold off on debates like this until a few weeks from now, when the novelty and curiosity is gone. A lot of people are over at LC just checking it out. And we won't be able to properly judge what can be copied over or changed until people have had a chance to play and compare. Nor will we know what the LS population will look like until everyone has had a chance to explore LC and chosen to return.

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
10 minutes ago, Swag said:

I think the LC server just ruined the other server and killed its playerbase. I clearly hate this move

It's day 2 on LC's release. People are hyped about a new environment to RP around or simply just check out the map. A lot of people are invested on LS, some have or are in factions. Most have properties and other progress they do not want to lose. Some will stay in LC, sure. But a lot of them will come back.

It was kinda expected that the player count would drop drastically at it's launch, so the argument that it "killed it's playerbase" is more than just invalid.
You can say that again after the hype is over and the player count is indeed still lower than expected.

What you can do is remain patient while the initial hype settles. There is nothing no one can do and no one should do now, as you we would be taking decisions in a wrong environment to take them.

I'm patiently waiting a full month to see how things ends, and then I'll take the necessary steps to support one or the other server accordingly. LC isn't made for everyone : from the custom map to the performance to the RP environment to the empty interiors / dead business life for now - and lot of players will slowly return during the month.

I personally have short term to long term plans in order to keep both servers with a healthy population, but there is nothing I will do without waiting a full month first.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 3