Staff Update - October 2022

nyvnvTh.png

Hello everyone!

Welcome to our "Spooktober" 2022 Staff Update! We hope everyone is ready for the spooky month and to eat lots of candy!

To start us off; in the month of September we have seen a few Development changes that the community has been receptive to and seemed to be enjoying. For one, ped-skins were added back and are allowed to be used, and players can now also try a vehicle before purchasing it, just like in real life when you ask to test-drive a vehicle. This gives players the ability to really see if they want to be driving a specific vehicle, or if the looks are just more attractive then the overall performance of the vehicle. In the start of September we also introduced multiple new Gang animations. With the Liberty City server being right around the corner, we hope to see more Development for both of the communities, as we are a joint shared Development with a unique twist on things. 

On the Administrative Side of things, we have had a slight change up in how things are going to be operating here on the community;

@Adv has been promoted to Lead Administrator and is going to be taking over as Head of Support following Wally's resignation from the Staff Team within the month. Adv is a strong candidate and was already serving as the Assistant Head of Support, Management feels he will continue to do great in the position as he is a strong leader and someone who can be relied on for the position of welcoming in our new Support Members & Training them. 

@Selena has been promoted up to Management following discussions with current Management, and will be appointed as the position of Head of Property Management. We feel that @Selena is a fantastic choice for the position considering how long she has been in Property Management and her overall veteran status within the Administrative Team. Selena has been with the Administrative Team for over two years and we feel it's right for her to spread her wings and work her way up to the most Senior position within the community. We feel Selena is a strong candidate and someone we can trust within the position of Head of Property Management. We wish her the best of luck in the future!

@Frezemis has transferred over and moved to the position of Head of Staff. Frezemis is also a veteran of the community and a longstanding Management member at this point, where after discussions internally with current Management was made, we believe he was the best fit for the position of Head of Staff & overseeing Roleplay Quality Management/Forum Moderation. Best of luck, @Frezemis!

With all these changes being made, that means something has had to happen with good ol @Pillsbury. Yes, @Pillsbury will be stepping back from Head of Staff and no longer overseeing any specific team of the community, but rather be in a Supportive Position for Management as he will be announcing his retirement within the next few months. After discussion with @Nervous and the rest of Management, instead of retiring right off the bat, it was discussed and agreed that @Pillsbury would stay for another few months and assist with the transitions and being an advisor with Management. While he still holds a position in Management, he will no longer be as "front end focused" as he was previously when leading the Staff Team. For those wondering, he will also be stepping away from the Liberty City community and will only be serving as a Supportive Position to both Management Teams for the next upcoming months before he announces his official retirement.

[ Note from Pillsbury:

Hey everyone! As you read above, I decided to step back as I am beginning to focus more on "me" if that makes any sense. I didn't want to leave mid year and I also felt alongside Management, that it would be best for me to stay until the end of the year and for when I am fully ready to retire out. It's no secret that I have been slightly stepping away from the community as I am focusing more on my personal life rather then focusing on GTA World. I felt this was the best choice for the community & and for the Staff Team. While I am not offically retired out yet, I just wanted to say that I appreciate everything that this community has given me. @Nervous especially on being here for me when I needed it the most, and giving me the opportunities to serve as a Manager. I don't want to make this Staff Update like a resignation topic, as I have much more to say for my actual resignation in the future. I figured however to spend the holidays with the community and one more "year" before ending my tenure here at GTA:World.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out. I hope you all continue to smile and keep your heads up. As you all know, I try to spread my positivity as best as I can. Please remember that tomorrow is a new day and no matter what, things will always get better even when you thought they couldn't! Love you all!
]

GTA:World Management Team

Admin Promotions
Lead Administrator to Management
@Selena (Head of Property Management)

Senior Administrator to Lead Administrator
@Adv (Head of Support)

Game Administrator Level 1 to Game Administrator Level 2

@Lilypad
@Phased
@Epic

Trial Administrator to Game Administrator Level 1
@$hadow
@Essence
@JayPeezy
@khatz
@Mediva

Senior Support to Trial Administrator

@Peak.
@Giga
@Fenris

Support to Senior Support
@Noobie
@Kyra
@Dor

New Support Members:
@goddessoflife
@Year of the Ox
@Welsh
@HappyPancake
@noname
@materieel64

We thank all those who have applied to support, but only those who are accepted or placed on the reserved list will be contacted in the coming days. You can check the status of your application on the UCP and in the event you were denied you may request a denial reason there. Please note, in the event that you were denied you must wait two months prior to re-applying from this Staff Update on, unless otherwise stated in your denial reason.
Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Applaud 3