Player Reports Section

K3V

14 hours ago, Late said:

That sounds like fun, I might be inclined to join staff team again if we could all sit on discord calls drinking and laughing at reports. Would be a fun way to spice up a sunday evening.

Also really? Reporting for someone throwing a water bottle at a group?! This is the kind of stuff that makes people not want to play. If you do something IG that's a bit silly and dumb and the worst that happens is you loose face you shouldn't then have to explain your actions and defend yourself on a forum report for it. If I RPed throwing a water bottle from a Habeeb Taxi to a Yilmaz Cab and got reported for it because Yilmaz cab is big bad Turk mafia taxi man then that would kill my motivation to play too. 

Honestly, it sounds like something that can and /should/ be handled IC. If someone /only/ spilled a glass at water on my character while they were surrounded by their criminal affiliated friends, we'd just beat the person up IG without taking it OOC and call it a day really.

Going to back the main topic this incident heavily relates back to the absurd number of player reports. There are quite few unneeded reports every now and then that clog up the space. It gives the admins way more workload than is necessary. I think people should think twice before escalating to a forum report, even if it is a more serious issue than chucking water. If you're able to effectively resolve a situation without staff intervention through compromise with the other party, you should always consider this option first imo.

Too many people primarily use reports as a weapon to attack other parties, rather than to actually resolve an issue per se(speaking generally as I'm not singling out any single report for this issue btw).

Edited by SpicyBandito
21 hours ago, Junx said:

Server claims to not allow toxicity then proceeds to allow a group of individuals to bully a player and spread lies and misinformation, then punish the victim instead of the group of people that caused the entire thing.

This is absolutely spot on and I'm a subject of similar case myself when I use to be new player and didn't had group of people to rp with. 

Back then I knew its not worth to even reporting the toxicity towards me because I knew even back then that if people throw rock at you, you can either take it on a chin. Or fight back, report them, get nothing resolved and have even larger rock being thrown at you in return. 

The player you mentioned is my friend and I'm so glad somebody brought it up, because I know I wouldn't have the courage to myself. 

Edited by Bluerrey
  • Upvote 2
On 9/28/2022 at 2:43 AM, Cindy said:

I disagree with the "no snowflake" comment, who are you or anyone else to judge what is and isn't deemed offensive or a real argument.

If anything I would say people need to be more understanding of each other, not less so.

And the server SHOULD be more open to teaching players with less skill/knowledge but open to learning, I have personally taken some newer players under my wing and offered guidance OOC or reminded them of certain rules if they mess up. The server should be open to growth, not against it. Especially with the as recent slow decline in player count.

The only way a community thrives long-term is with new players joining.

It is a HEAVY RP TEXT BASED server not Roleplay School. Person refuses to learn and/improve from his/her mistakes? It is THEIR problem not the communities and especially not the Admins. They should not be here.

The amount of people playing hard ball IC and then go report is at an all time high, things were not like thing 2017~mid 2020 (moment Epic gave out GTAV for free), back then people actually thought about their actions! Admins were handing out harsh punishments that worked. In most cases deserved too.

Now a days, severe rule violations end up in a verbal-warning or worse, or a too short of an admin jail.

• Upvote 4
10 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

It is a HEAVY RP TEXT BASED server not Roleplay School. Person refuses to learn and/improve from his/her mistakes? It is THEIR problem not the communities and especially not the Admins. They should not be here.

The amount of people playing hard ball IC and then go report is at an all time high, things were not like thing 2017~mid 2020 (moment Epic gave out GTAV for free), back then people actually thought about their actions! Admins were handing out harsh punishments that worked. In most cases deserved too.

Now a days, severe rule violations end up in a verbal-warning or worse, or a too short of an admin jail.

It is also a community at its heart.

I have and will continue to support newer players who are looking to learn, not everyone "refuses to learn". We shouldn't have such closed off elitist thoughts on new players. Not all new players are like you describe. Majority of new players I meet are willing to learn if they are newer to roleplay, especially text roleplay on GTA.

Are there trolls, sure. There's trolls in all communities. 

I've also seen really over the top strict punishments with bans on people who deserved warnings or admin jails, and vice versa people doing some disgusting roleplay and being unbanned a few months later.

At the end of the day, its the community that makes the server, admins included, but EVERYONE as a whole who makes GTAW what it is.

If someone feels justified to report someone, the option is there to do so.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic