Player Reports Section

K3V

12 hours ago, Cindy said:

I disagree with the "no snowflake" comment, who are you or anyone else to judge what is and isn't deemed offensive or a real argument.

If anything I would say people need to be more understanding of each other, not less so.

And the server SHOULD be more open to teaching players with less skill/knowledge but open to learning, I have personally taken some newer players under my wing and offered guidance OOC or reminded them of certain rules if they mess up. The server should be open to growth, not against it. Especially with the as recent slow decline in player count.

The only way a community thrives long-term is with new players joining.

Server claims to not allow toxicity then proceeds to allow a group of individuals to bully a player and spread lies and misinformation, then punish the victim instead of the group of people that caused the entire thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Law said:

> admin A, B and C join forces in a discord call to tackle oldest report

Tried that, didn't work but it was during the working hours for a lot of people. Some of us are in communication with each other and are just trying to get rid of the flack before ensuring this doesn't happen again. As @hipsxnmentioned, we understand that it shouldn't have come to this level and we're trying our best to now rectify this. 

Y'know, if management's listening to people's feedback, I think I could suggest something that could help.

Given that further-on administrative progression is limited to joining a sub-team and working PRIMARILY within the sub-team to rank up within the sub-team, my suggestion would be to make a sub-team that only focuses on forum reports & in-game reports and have a lot of senior positions or no limits within senior positions. I personally left the admin team because I personally got demotivated as fuck after getting the monthly 350 WPs for doing like 500 in-game reports in a month and just getting the usual "good job, keep it up" without any sense for being able to progress forward regardless how much effort I put into the in-game aspect of things cause my progression was restricted to the sub-team which was heavily mismanaged at the time and arguably still is.

It do be sucky sometimes, it's one of the main reasons I left the admin team and probably, most likely, am never coming back. Dealing with a P2W mentality player base like this where someone that has some sort of warrant gets chased down, crashes into 50 walls and runs into a corner and disconnects gets slapped with a 30 minute ajail and a "strong warning" kinda sucks to be honest.

Also get rid of the entire "if you're in the faction you're not allowed to deal with the faction's reports", there's not enough active admins for that.

• Upvote 5
9 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

forum reports & in-game reports

forum report subteam is technically Forum Moderation team.

But you don't see that team handling reports so not sure what's the point of that sub-team, sounds like a free lv2 and lv3 for lead 

• Upvote 1

So to sum it up.

We allow no toxicity, yet the amount of toxicity here would make the world rot away in an instant if released.

We are heavy rp server, yet many things are just skipped or whatever.

Everyone says "learn to take an L, I take an L too", nah lies. Look at forum reports.

People are told to read rules before joining, it's not a 300 pages thicc book. Excuses like I didn't know, simply don't count. Even if people are new.

Shit like, don't blame everyone over an individual fuck up, doesn't fly in factions. You observed the roleplay of people that want in, you invited them, you deal with it if they break rules.

It's just a game. Most common misconception when it comes to roleplay. It is a game yes, but something the requires more time and focus. It's not Fortnite or Forza.

Parts and bits of what you said @Biscuit is sort of good if staff management would go for it. The forum moderation team is a dead team, let's be honest. Giving incentives to administrators are maybe what needs to happen - so what sort of incentives can staff management give? 

Forum mods should handle mostly everything on the forums - what happens on the forums a majority of the time? Player reports. What do you need for player reports? Sometimes chat logs. Perhaps allowing all of the forum moderation team to have access to chat logs (we'd be real picky on who gets in then) - might be a good incentive? Having some of the 'perks' of a level 3 given to a forum moderator who is just level 2 might help. But again, who wants to spend time handling forum reports just to get staff reported, read through a bunch of bullshit (the fluff, not the report itself), and then be timed on when to answer and feel that stress? Not many. However, as the majority of the player base says 'they signed up for it'. 

So, how can we give the incentives of making administrators do more forum reports? Or at least joining the subteam to focus on forum reports? I don't know if WPs will be much of an incentive, most administrators accumulate many WPs if they are here for a few months. Forcing them to do a # of forum reports a month? They do this - I think the limit is 5 per month. This is basically 1 per week. However, I don't think it's ENFORCED. I do know there are a lot of level 3s who do not have a 'quota' meaning since they do a ton for their subteam, they do not have to handle as much forum reports or in game reports (most do anyways from what I remembered!) 

It's hard to know/understand what administrators want/need when they aren't vocal about it. And if they are, well, staff management - can you come to a compromise and reason with them? Happy staff = happy players = happy server (or mostly).

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Wuhtah said:

It's hard to know/understand what administrators want/need when they aren't vocal about it. And if they are, well, staff management - can you come to a compromise and reason with them? Happy staff = happy players = happy server (or mostly).

I'm guilty of this myself, to the credit of the management team, I was approached multiple times when my motivation started dropping, I didn't tell them what was bothering me, but that was also in-part due to the fact that my complaints were against certain management members + certain admins, and we all know that grudges start when people formally complain.

It's hard out in these streets, I'm open now, if anyone has any questions about what went wrong and how (privately ofc), I did manage to get most of my frustrations out with one management member approaching me once after a situation happened that was met with me being super frustrated.

And I do have to state this, for the sub-team to be very effective in their work, screw forum moderation having to deal with forum reports, have forum moderation focus on forum moderation on topics like this and nothing else and create a sub-team that ONLY FOCUSES on forum reports and in-game reports, nothing else.

It's also **really** easy to identify that some Seniors/Leads and Management members don't do anything, this was very evident and supported by evidence when I was in certain sub-teams and it's quite easy to spot, and I know I'd get flack for this but a shake up the hornets nest has to be done to either get these bad apples back in check. It doesn't have to mean like remove them, but inactivity notices, forcing them to comply with normal administrative requirements, whatever the case, the activity has to pick up for some people, cause it's ruining their entire sub-teams. I don't know what the state of things are currently, given that I've been absent from administrative activities for awhile now, but huge respect to the management members that actually give a shit.

Also Wuhtah, huge respect for all the work you did.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic