Interior v Exterior roleplay

Shinto

Short description: Essentially, adding in the ability to talk to someone through doors at places like homes or businesses with a simple command. In addition, including a command enabling a player to roleplay through a door, with /do's.

Detailed description: I'm not aware on if this exists or not but, having to use PM's or having to /enter or /exit an interior to talk to or roleplay with whomever is behind a door seems a little shitty. Therefor, implementing two or three commands would be better. Taking a PD situation as an example: An officer has just pursued a suspect to a house, the suspect which is unknown to be armed or not has entered the house and the officer doesn't want to follow him inside due to insufficient knowledge on what/who else is inside or if the suspect is armed, therefor the officer calls a tactical team. In the meantime while waiting for the tactical team, the officer has only one option, talk the suspect out of the house, doing so with /dt or /ds instead of relying on PM's. This is also when the /ddo's for things like noise, window movement, outside movement etc come into play.

Commands to add: /doorshout (/ds) or /doortalk (/dt) or both. Also /ddo for /do's at doors.

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It'll provide better roleplay experience to anyone involved with an interior/exterior roleplay, such as PD having to deal with a barricaded suspect or someone answering a house door when not expecting any visitors and wanting to look through the peephole at who's there or whatever. There's further benefit when it comes to this, especially in barricaded situations. An officer would have to get on /pm's with the person inside, with /do's and whatever conversation they are having which would then cause a block on everyone else involved, such as the other officers on the scene. With the ability to use /dt or /ds, they could have a conversation, with everyone near the door able to hear. The same goes for /me's and /do's.

Additional information: /dt should have a range of 5 meters, /ds should have a range of 15-20 meters or so.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 9:13 AM, Franelli said:

/ds is already working out just fine as far as I know, and although not being its main purpose - could easily be used for describing player actions. Police often use it to roleplay snakecams using /ds ** SNAKE CAM DON'T SHOOT **.

/ds is enough of a solution in my opinion. It is currently used to communicate and describe actions as Franelli mentioned so that's the solution.

Locked on that note.