Facebrowser - sensitive content block consistency/removal

chanel

3 minutes ago, Pascal said:

Players should be granted the ability to self moderate. They can choose what they wish to see.

This sums it up to be honest. We once more face the issues of the server not taking a stance and becoming strictly 18+. No content from Facebrowser will show up on your feed if you don't choose to follow that content, save for boosted post which are pretty tame 99% of the time.

We can sit here and hold people's hands when it comes to Facebrowser content, but I don't believe for a second that people don't know who they're following when they add a character they've likely never met that constantly posts provocative pictures, and what that's going to make their timeline look like.

19 minutes ago, Melºn said:

as it seems this post is triggered by AdmireMe coming up.

I'm glad that you're here, and no - this post is not triggered by existence of AdmireMe but like I said, inconsistency of censorship. I'm glad you're active on filtering out purely explicit materials from the platform and like @Biscuit said, there is no middle ground, because one of the sides will end up unhappy with the end result.

As for now I think it's the best to wait for what Selena prepares for us in the following update, as she's managing Facebrowser.

1 hour ago, Pascal said:

Players have the ability to unfollow, remove, or block other profiles they don't want to see. Besides this, for a server that rigorously talks about so-called realism on the forums and Discord so often, the way social media operates in GTA:W doesn't really align with real-world social media. Both Twitter and Instagram have far more revealing content than the average Facebrowser posts, and both sites are publicly accessible to everyone with hardly any measures in place to restrict what you end up witnessing.

This is absolutely true. I'd also like to mention that, the sole reason behind this thread is because in my opinion - my picture got unrightfully blurred, as I consider it not being vulgar in any way (being the person behind Rosemary Clarke); it only shows just a cleavage in a photoshoot-like pose. Even in the comments section you can find people who find the blur confusing. 

You literally just have to click the image to see it. Holy shit this is is the most ridiculous whining I have seen in a while. Censored? Open the pic. Easy. 

Half the FB population goi out of their way to test moderators, creating more and more risque content then complain when it gets moderated? 

All you have to do is click on  a blurry image to see it. If you're that concerned about seeing pixel ass and titties I'm sure you can manage an extra click.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

You literally just have to click the image to see it. Holy shit this is is the most ridiculous whining I have seen in a while. Censored? Open the pic. Easy. 

Half the FB population goi out of their way to test moderators, creating more and more risque content then complain when it gets moderated? 

All you have to do is click on  a blurry image to see it. If you're that concerned about seeing pixel ass and titties I'm sure you can manage an extra click.

You don’t get the point and the fact you’re talking about “whining” is baffling to me, take your toxicity elsewhere 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WatchingEye said:

You don’t get the point and the fact you’re talking about “whining” is baffling to me, take your toxicity elsewhere 

People went out of their way to make it hard for FB moderators, admittedly, in their own posts. You would see "I wonder if FB moderators will let me get away with this..." etc. And spam add everyone on the site, just show of pictures of their entire ass with an emoji over the bootyhole. 

Then constantly complained that content got taken down, so now it is just made blurry. And you have to click on it to see it. Should we just go back to removing everything?

All this content was supposed to be WAY more heavily moderated whehn QuickDate came out, that was a promise that was made, and it was for a while then it slowly escalated again. Now there is Admire.Me and you can STILL post your over the top thirst traps, they are just blurred out. The team can only respond to images that they see while browsing or that are directly reported, so that's going to skew how things are going to work. 

The fact that this forum thread exists over having to click once more to see someones cartoon titties is ridiculous whining.

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

My real life friend just got banned on real life FB for 48 hours, unbanned, and re-banned for a week just because he posted on a friend's timeline "happy birthday, thanks for letting me kidnap you, it was fun" -- he spent over an hour trying to call FB moderation and they weren't able to help him.

I think frustrating censorship is part of the social media experience tbh, and you can always take it IC and grump about it. But just like in the real world, you can be furious at FB, but Mark Zuckerberg doesn't give a flying fuck, they're never going to apologize to you, they probably won't even reverse their decision, and you'll take it because you're addicted and won't stop using their service.

Edited by Ink
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ink said:

My friend just got banned on FB for 48 hours, unbanned, and re-banned for a week just because he posted on a friend's timeline "happy birthday, thanks for letting me kidnap you, it was fun" -- he spent over an hour trying to call FB moderation and they weren't able to help him.

I think frustrating censorship is part of the social media experience tbh, and you can always take it IC and grump about it. But just like in the real world, you can be furious at FB, but Mark Zuckerberg doesn't give a flying fuck, they're never going to apologize to you, they probably won't even reverse their decision, and you'll take it because you're addicted and won't stop using their service.

I was not contacted 🙂

• Selena locked this topic