Facebrowser - sensitive content block consistency/removal

chanel

I have never really understood the need for so much censorship in this community. It's hypocritical at best. You can have your character be completely naked in game and in public places, some of which will definitely not check how old you are, and on top of that there are sexual animations which were intentionally scripted into the game and provide a type of roleplay which is fully endorsed by the server (why else would they be added if that wasn't the case?), but somehow a picture where a bit of cleavage or underboobs are shown is where we draw the line, as if none of us come across them in real life daily on social media? Who are you really protecting with these double standards? I'll answer that for you, no one. And this whole ordeal with blurry pictures isn't fixing anything whatsoever. 

3 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

I have never really understood the need for so much censorship in this community. It's hypocritical at best. You can have your character be completely naked in game and in public places, some of which will definitely not check how old you are, and on top of that there are sexual animations which were intentionally scripted into the game and provide a type of roleplay which is fully endorsed by the server (why else would they be added if that wasn't the case?), but somehow a picture where a bit of cleavage or underboobs are shown is where we draw the line, as if none of us come across them in real life daily on social media? Who are you really protecting with these double standards? I'll answer that for you, no one. And this whole ordeal with blurry pictures isn't fixing anything whatsoever. 

Public nudity is a rule 19 violation for the very reason that there are minors. The sexual animations are allowed to be used, in private if you are over 18. Again, doing this publicly  or with/as a minor is a rule violation.

FB thots are allowed to post all the tits and ass they want, it's just blurry so it's not stumbled upon by minors/people who don't want to see it. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Perstephone said:

Public nudity is a rule 19 violation for the very reason that there are minors. The sexual animations are allowed to be used, in private if you are over 18. Again, doing this publicly  or with/as a minor is a rule violation.

FB thots are allowed to post all the tits and ass they want, it's just blurry so it's not stumbled upon by minors/people who don't want to see it. 

You completely missed my point, and instead replied with the most copout answer you could possibly have.

I'm perfectly aware of the sexual roleplay rules. The point is, what's stopping a kid behind the screen from typing /bra off or /panties off in game, or using sexual animations? Rules may exist, but that doesn't mean they can't be/aren't broken. Thus, the idea of protecting minors can easily be flipped around before you know it and damage can be caused to them instead, because the server supports nudity and sexual activities in game. It's in the script itself.

It's the same thing with sexualized pictures. Nothing is stopping a kid from viewing them, especially if they're a click away, so there's no point in censoring. Just like it is in real life. Just because they're kids, doesn't mean their social platforms aren't filled with sexual content. Let's be honest, when we were their age, despite maybe not looking directly for it, we bumped into it often. It's the internet. It ain't all sunshine and rainbows, and it's not a place for sensitive people.

So, either there's coherence in the rules and scripts to protect minors at all costs, which would imply the deletion of the aforementioned commands and animations, amongst other things, and keep censoring potentially sexual pictures to cater to a small minority of people from this community, or revert the current situation with censorship and be more open-minded towards anything potentially sexual in nature (half-naked pictures, sexual memes, etc.) on FB, because it's clear as day both sides can't be pleased.

Edited by Shaderz
  • Upvote 1

You could simply implement a feature to allow people that post certain stuff to manually flag their own posts as sensitive and allow users if they want to see certain contents or not. Problem solved. I'd say also keep the option activated for new users, so those who go and deactivate it, will know what is going to happen.

It's like the youtube feature that asks you if the video is okay for a younger audience or not.

Who cares if your image got blurred? All they have to do is click on it to see the uncensored version. Is it really that big of a deal? Don't call me toxic, I'm asking a legitimate question. Is it world-ending that your image won't show up until they click on it? Consistency or not, it's not like your image can't be seen by others. Again.... just another mouse click away.

• Upvote 6

hippity hoppity you just know i gotta weigh in here. So lets get down to it. There's a multitude of strong arguments for and against it, there's also certain protections the server "should" have in place to protect minors, as annoying as they are (most of us started playing gta rp before we were 18, shout out to the fact I'm 23 and I've known frezemis for 12-13 years now). As much as I really don't like admire-me, they've also done quite a good job at getting rid of the real "hornypost" stuff. What I don't like is the weird arbitrary definition this server uses as sexual. Kinda doesn't make sense to me, and I'm gonna break it down a bit below (I fucking hate myself for spending an hour scrolling through FB to get some examples of this- rare for me to actually do some digging before spouting my opinions too). We'll play a little game of spot the difference to illustrate my point;

Censored posts

Spoiler

fb_342b9cfb8714833486831263b23bc637.png

fb_69743932a908be9effd15270fce34398.png

fb_c0850abdd1409e107c12bc6428a4d37a.png

fb_d56da4245d9e50f4dc9253ff509a54d3.png

fb_15f56b3ee6c9dcbf1a4488981508f96d.png

Uncensored posts

Spoiler

fb_bb7d7f49b73429d20b592b973a38e8b0.png

fb_0551a325c918e6ad55f3217219ea3848.png

Now for the real fun stuff, below are a couple of examples of literal magazines I could've gone out and brought at any age, cultural ICONS in the west and which aren't even age restricted, hell you can even make the point they're actually TARGETTING the younger demographic. I won't spoiler these as you can find them at any decent supermarket/24-7 or whatever your respective countries wants to call them.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

So here's the point I'm trying to actually make, none of the posts, censored or uncensored actually show what would full under the definition of "nudity" or Not Safe For Work content, yet there's a striking resemblance between the uncensored and censored ones. Now I'm sure they'd probably be censored if caught, but its not EQUAL in how things are handled. The vogue stuff is actual IRL people, in "sexually suggestive" poses and with very very little left to the imagination. Not hidden behind an 18+ filter and in no way sheltered from younger audiences viewing it. I won't even dive into the fact it takes like 10x worse content for a photo from a male account to be censored, even if they're in tight shorts and bare chested (that's already a hot topic in IRL society with the whole #freethenipple movement).

Sorry if I'm rambling, its like 3am and im watching vampire diaries at the same time. Ultimately, things are far to vague and far too over/under censored. I doubt half the folk would mind if there is a strict public definition of what'll get your photos censored and what won't. Or to simply have the blurry stuff everywhere and that be the new normal (probably the least desired outcome, but at least it'd be FAIR). Kids in our society today are exposed to FAR worse than some video game side boob, Cardi B, Kimmy K and literally 70% of instagram are prime examples of that. Serena's got one heck of a job on FB, and for the most part they do a job literally no one else wants and do it well, so please don't interpret this post as me in any form trying to take away from that as I have a MASSIVE respect for the work they do. This is also me being genuine and trying to be the polar opposite of toxic, so please don't warn me for this post.

tldr:

ppl are unhappy because its vague and not equal, examples illustrate that. Possible solution? Clarify the rules and legit strictly define what moderation will consider "sexual" and use said rules to enforce your blurry stuff, or blur tf out of every post (that includes you too male accounts) so everyone's equally treated.

• Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic