is there a guide to the face customization?

DannyMoney

4 minutes ago, cason4312 said:

none of em rlly look good doe ngl that face customization shit was hard my characters used to look like aliens

My own tricks:

• Have a real life reference of a person. By natural definition, your character will not look like an alien if you are not using an alien as a reference. It at least keeps me sane.
  • Smoother slash more enticing shapes can often be achieved with female parents (you can also combine two female parents to capitalize on that; ancestry too). 
  • Try to get as close as you can to your reference via heritage and then work on finetuning the minor features, chin, cheek, etc.
  • Think logically as well. Hair styles, brows, eyes, etc. all are extremely important when it comes to later styling. Try to visualize it if you can.
  • Try to avoid 'rare concepts' such as blue-eyed and blonde-haired people of color, etc. Even if you may find some exceptions in real life: does it make sense for your character to be that exception? Other people will probably think a certain way about you. Stick to a regular and reasonable reference.
  • After you're done with that, compare with your reference again. Try changing through your heritage parents and see if you can now find something that fits even better.
9 minutes ago, mana said:

My own tricks:

• Have a real life reference of a person. By natural definition, your character will not look like an alien if you are not using an alien as a reference. It at least keeps me sane.
  • Smoother slash more enticing shapes can often be achieved with female parents (you can also combine two female parents to capitalize on that; ancestry too). 
  • Try to get as close as you can to your reference via heritage and then work on finetuning the minor features, chin, cheek, etc.
  • Think logically as well. Hair styles, brows, eyes, etc. all are extremely important when it comes to later styling. Try to visualize it if you can.
  • Try to avoid 'rare concepts' such as blue-eyed and blonde-haired people of color, etc. Even if you may find some exceptions in real life: does it make sense for your character to be that exception? Other people will probably think a certain way about you. Stick to a regular and reasonable reference.
  • After you're done with that, compare with your reference again. Try changing through your heritage parents and see if you can now find something that fits even better.

seems like you know everything, i'd deadass pay you ingame cash just to fucking know how to make my character not look like he's from another planet

3 minutes ago, cason4312 said:

there should be a video tutorial ngl

You could actually and technically follow GTA Online character customization tutorials on YouTube. You have access to more options on here (since you have access to the entire parent pool, ancestry, etc.); but for the most part, you can actually get away with following those tutorials.

I would then also still advise that you make some additional changes beyond that in order to make your character belong more to you rather than just the confinement of an online tutorial that other people might have followed too.

There are some really nice people in the menyoo discord. It might be worth asking in there, I'm sure there would be people to help you with suggesting the best combination of faces.

Honestly though, its so subjective. Having a reference like mentioned above is useful too.

• Kenth locked this topic