Facebrowser - Dedicated Moderator Accounts.

WatchingEye

I think that Facebrowser Moderators and game admins who wish to moderate the platform should have their own accounts dedicated to the moderator role and character accounts for their characters. Particularly, I think that the Moderator profile should be OOC and unavailable for the general public to see and the player accounts should act just like normal player accounts.

To delve further into this, blocking or trying to avoid a character's account that happens to be an FB Moderator OOCly is impossible at the moment, and it can get confusing between said player and the admin / web developer. 

• Upvote 1

This is a bit of a double-edged sword.

Switching accounts becomes a huge pain in the ass and I'd much rather just keep moderator permissions on my main otherwise I'm not gonna pay attention to reports and such.

I can add a message to moderators, if they end up attempting to go onto your profile, that they're blocked, and thus the moderator should not handle reports if they're against you. Then again, people could end up abusing this, so yet again, it becomes a double-edged sword anyway.

I'll let @Selena weigh in on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, Biscuit said:

I can add a message to moderators, if they end up attempting to go onto your profile, that they're blocked, and thus the moderator should not handle reports if they're against you.

This is not what I'm against, I'm just against certain person x who's a moderator interacting with me because person x who's a moderator doesn't know I blocked them on FB. Handling reports against me is fine as they're a moderator and in that capacity doing their job.

Also bumping the thread lol

Edited by WatchingEye
  • Kyra locked this topic