Stuck on 'Lost Connection, Reconnecting' while loading the game

JoeW

Hi guys I don't like to post these sorts of topics in forums because I'd imagine you get posts like this all the time... But i'm at my wits end.

I've not been able to play GTAW for months now, every time I load the game I get to 'Loading Rage Multiplayer' and then after about 3 minutes I just get 'Lost Connection, reconnecting'.

I've left it like this for 3 hours one night, just to see if it eventually did connect, but nope still nothing.

I've been all over the web trying to find a solution. Ive reinstalled RAGE multiple times, verified gta5 integrity in steam, used the badass baboon patch, used VPNS, changed my DNS server, made sure my network drivers are up to date... that's just the tip of the iceberg, i've been trying loads of things. Still NOTHING.

It's driving me up the wall, if anyone has anything that might help me out please let me know!

I will just add that my internet is quite good, not like fibre optic or anything but I average about 50megabits most days, and never have any trouble connecting to lobbies or servers on other games.

I sometimes use my VPN on certain games to improve my NAT type, as often on games like COD my native NAT is poor. For internet I use a cellular data router as the phone lines and broadband in my area are rubbish.

Surely i'm not getting connectivity issues because I'm using 4G? I know plenty of people who play GTAW on cellular.

• 1 month later...