Port - restricted crime zone

JENK1NS

35 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

I generally don’t like the crime zone rule. It was implemented without consulting my faction (SAPA) and I’ve made efforts to have it removed, to ultimately be ignored with zero response.

And according to admins, the port isn’t loaded with CCTV. We’re only allowed to rp CCTV directly on our buildings such as our HQ, Maintenance Office and Customs Facility 

Couldn't agree more, crime should be allowed freely in the port in my view.

11 hours ago, Mecovy said:

i can tell you now, the port sure aint a crime zone. its just a no dumb crime zone. u really tryin to rob someone in a place wall to wall with CCTV, patrolling armed guys and a labour force almost ENTIRELY packing their own firearms to work despite it being disallowed ic? u really tryin' to die bro.

I think the RCZ is mainly for criminal's safety to prevent them really really messing up.

just to hammer my point home here;

gta-world-camera-2022-8-2-23-44-57.png

And you don't see anything wrong with this picture as an ex admin?

13 hours ago, joshua said:

what. restricted crime zone just means no mugging or kidnapping in order to mug without admin approval. all other crimes are IC

what even is this rant about… IC issue

Sure, but what am I supposed to do if it happens every day and at some point I don't feel like roleplaying anymore because I can do 0 about it? People come on our site when we are not there and check the trucks if they are open and then steal dashcams and routers.
Nobody leaves cims to give us any chance. Instead I have to make a /report and get an examine or see what happened in the first place. And that takes 5 hours if you have a bad day.

12 hours ago, Barbary said:

Tell Port Security to step it up.

I have to disappoint you. The problem is known, there are constant or periodic holdups and there is nothing we can do. No one can stand guard 24/7 in front of a compound. No one will want to do that, and there is not always a SAPA online.

12 hours ago, Xaleya said:

In general there are many things you could to step this issue but I haven't seen IMEX doing it 😄

I got similar issue and I took a step further at the point they got negated by now. Even LFM agreed with my that was proper escalation, because I got like 5 incidents in less than a week.

What would be your solution to check the problem? We do daily checks to see if each vehicle is locked. We do not despawn our vehicles, that would not be realistic. We are not a faction and just a simple company that (in my opinion) is not a law enforcement agency for criminals.

We don't even have the possibility to get a gate which would probably solve everything.

8 hours ago, joebidensmokesyesca said:

pretty sure no one who rps at the port wants it like that anyways, afaik the port isnt even a hotspot for crime except the minor vehicle theft at imex.

It's not just a little thing. Let me tell you what keeps me busy this month.

02/08/2022 - Stolen dashcam and trespasser.
03/08/2022 - 2 stolen dashcams
04/08/2022 - Stolen dashcam
08/11/2022 - Stolen dashcam.
08/14/2022 - stolen dashcam
14.08.2022 - Visit from Corporal Haskins
16.08.2022 - Trespassing and intruding into construction area
16.08.2022 - 4 Speedos stolen
17.08.2022 - 2 Mule's stolen
17/08/2022 - Robbery in Little Seoul
17/08/2022 - 4 stolen dashcams
20/08/2022 - Shotsfired on employee
25/08/2022 - Stolen Benson at Auto Exotic
08/25/2022 - 2 pounders stolen, one of which was chopped

And now ask me if I'm still interested as a fleet manager to give me this shit where I have to open a /report every time because otherwise I have no idea what happened.

Crime RP is not fun for me, I accept it. But I don't enjoy it because I can't do anything about it IC. What to do when it could be a full time job?

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic