Female jail the discussion.

Rubbish

22 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

I don't think the argument is that women are physically unable to commit crime, it's just that most criminal organizations are male dominated. That said, I've heard many horror stories of how in a few gang factions, female characters were treated like background support characters with far too much disrespect for it to be fun or realistic. 

As a female rper,  illegal rp is so focused on "if you got a dick, you can do it, but you a female you ain't nothing". It's very very hard to get into illegal rp because most people on this server rp sexist characters who only want a woman to fuck and distract themselves when they are fully capable of doing the illegal side of things. Even with going solo, or finding my own routes to rp with, it took over a year irl to get any kind of rp route for my girl. 

Because of the way the groups have always been portrayed in the server, this leaves players to rp females in such insane ways I'm sometimes rather disgusted by the rp. This doesn't help with the stigma of allowing females into their illegal rp schemes. 

It's a two sided coin really. If you wanna be in illegal rp as a female, you gotta be realistic, but there is also a microscope that seems to scrutinize the female population. I've seen scenes if a female does it, it's wrong but a male can be less realistic than her and it's okay. 

As for the prison, the discord thing would help a ton, give an insight of structure and what not.

I think a huge part of why the pod is so empty is because one: like it was said, lots of women get let off easily, because women.. two: the lack of ability for women to get involved in the illegal side of the factions unless they go on their own. So some kind of openness and what not ti the structures is kind of needed because we are in 2022.. not 19-whatever when women were only good for a fuck.

• Upvote 1

i think criminal factions (at least Asian ones) are quite tolerant towards female characters lately, with little to no restriction and chances to advance in ranks if ur actually useful... yea it may be slightly harder than male characters have it, but it can be a rly good RP to try twice as hard as a female criminal to catch up and do better, get noticed, be recognized. the thing is most of them are actually only good for a fuck hence they find it hard to progress. couldn't be me. >_>

24 minutes ago, dontblink said:

As a female rper,  illegal rp is so focused on "if you got a dick, you can do it, but you a female you ain't nothing". It's very very hard to get into illegal rp because most people on this server rp sexist characters who only want a woman to fuck and distract themselves when they are fully capable of doing the illegal side of things. Even with going solo, or finding my own routes to rp with, it took over a year irl to get any kind of rp route for my girl. 

Because of the way the groups have always been portrayed in the server, this leaves players to rp females in such insane ways I'm sometimes rather disgusted by the rp. This doesn't help with the stigma of allowing females into their illegal rp schemes. 

It's a two sided coin really. If you wanna be in illegal rp as a female, you gotta be realistic, but there is also a microscope that seems to scrutinize the female population. I've seen scenes if a female does it, it's wrong but a male can be less realistic than her and it's okay. 

As for the prison, the discord thing would help a ton, give an insight of structure and what not.

I think a huge part of why the pod is so empty is because one: like it was said, lots of women get let off easily, because women.. two: the lack of ability for women to get involved in the illegal side of the factions unless they go on their own. So some kind of openness and what not ti the structures is kind of needed because we are in 2022.. not 19-whatever when women were only good for a fuck.

The issue here is that for one, a lot of the people here do have that mindset that women and crime don't mix for some reason. I've seen some incredibly dumb shit, even in street gangs, where women have by FAR the most freedom to be involved in illegal activty. These people think that's realistic and will cry "portrayal" whenever a woman looks as if she has a chance at authority over them in game.

This ties to the second point, in where most of the criminal organizations portrayed on this server are sexist,  male dominated societies. There's a few exceptions, but by and large the criminals people portray here (LCNs, bikers, russian/european mobsters, triads, white supremacist rp, etc) only accept male "inducted" memebrs. This doesn't mean women are not involved whatosever, but the GTAW playerbase tends to just shrug that off. Imo some leeway should be given so people roleplaying criminal female characters get a chance to actually have some fun every now and then.

1 hour ago, tired! said:

Yeah well I'm agreeing with you. My statement was more generalised but it depends what type of scenario they're in. Sure, they *can* do more but from what I've experienced, saw, and done myself? It's always been pushed that those are the options presented to me for "realism." I know a few who would agree with me. It's not that we don't want to, it's that most of the time we're not allowed - unless we head down to Rancho, go solo, or are connected through OOC means that they trust us enough to RP it properly. 

You can't just have one side of the coin. Just because you've only seen it doesn't mean that's the case across the board. That's part of the stigma. I understand people may not endeavor in it because they either don't know how to roleplay that avenue alone (gender doesn't matter), or because it's their choice; but when you pull up with a statement you gotta relate it to facts.

Or say in your own perspective otherwise it looks like you're saying that's all they can do. Which is a biiiig problem in roleplay today.

8 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

The issue here is that for one, a lot of the people here do have that mindset that women and crime don't mix for some reason. I've seen some incredibly dumb shit, even in street gangs, where women have by FAR the most freedom to be involved in illegal activty. These people think that's realistic and will cry "portrayal" whenever a woman looks as if she has a chance at authority over them in game.

This ties to the second point, in where most of the criminal organizations portrayed on this server are sexist,  male dominated societies. There's a few exceptions, but by and large the criminals people portray here (LCNs, bikers, russian/european mobsters, triads, white supremacist rp, etc) only accept male "inducted" memebrs. This doesn't mean women are not involved whatosever, but the GTAW playerbase tends to just shrug that off. Imo some leeway should be given so people roleplaying criminal female characters get a chance to actually have some fun every now and then.

there are no triads on the server, but when there were... they allowed female criminals just fine.

thing is though, and it's my personal opinion... im female irl, only interested in crime related RPs. having female dominated criminal groups can look a bit odd, at least when they try to act as muscle. it's more interesting to have only a few of them around in male dominated groups, exceptional and useful individuals. because even I find it odd when a car pulls over and 4 armed women step out to gun you down. 

Edited by Tammm
Just now, Tammm said:

there are no triads on the server, but when there were... they allowed female criminals just fine.

thing is though, and it's my personal opinion... im female irl, only interested in crime related RPs. having female dominated criminal groups can look a bit odd, at least when they try act as muscle. it's more interesting to have only a few of them around in male dominated groups, exceptional and useful individuals. because even I find it odd when a car pulls over and 4 armed women step out to gun you down. 

What I meant was that triads in real life only induct males. Official triad members are all males. There are plenty of female associates, though 

I didn't mean make female dominated ocgs or have female hitman wings. What I was referring to was the groups where guns are taken from female characters simply because they are female and where they're basically disregarded ic and ooc bc they rp female. I simply don't see why anybody would stick around for that.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

This is exactly what I mean. You got my points. Because like, I have seen some really dumb shit but both genders and it can't be strictly limited to one, but most of the time the scurtiny will come into play if its a female that is doing the dumb shit. But the mindset does exist wide spread that crime and women don't mix, like you said, which is absolutely not correct. There are plenty of IRL women who are worse than men, lets be real about it. If a woman has some kind of authority it has to be earned like everyone else in the group, not handed off and if it is earned then its reasonable, but I get what you're saying, some people don't think this is right. 

I have found that when it comes to the male dominated group that does allow female interaction, such as MC's they are still very /sexist/ in the portrayal. They are only good to be either passed around, a fuck or to bartend their bars. They don't include them in /anything/ which I do get. But there is a stigma and attitude that is played around the women that they are basically /garbage/ in their eyes. 

I agree there needs to be some leeway and openness to allow the female population to be involved but none of this garbage rp I have seen in the past. I've seen some female rpers work their ass off to get some status and still get shoved aside and treated like garbage because they are simply a female even if they worked hard to get there. 

6 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

What I meant was that triads in real life only induct males. Official triad members are all males. There are plenty of female associates, though 

I didn't mean make female dominated ocgs or have female hitman wings. What I was referring to was the groups where guns are taken from female characters simply because they are female and where they're basically disregarded ic and ooc bc they rp female. I simply don't see why anybody would stick around for that.

This is my point, because there have been tons of times I have been rping with a group and I feel like a ghost in the background because I am an IC and OOC woman. There's this thought where one feels they are being judged that we can't do the same RP simply because we are a female. We don't need ALL WOMEN gangs and shit, fuck that, that's just gonna go bad and bring garbage RP because of the way some people on this server portray women (which I do find disgusting sometimes). But I agree that like.. there needs to be more opportunities to be involved.

Edit: ONCE  there is some openness and more opportunities for females to be involved, I forsee some more activity being in the female jail pods. 

Edited by dontblink
11 minutes ago, Wynters said:

You can't just have one side of the coin. Just because you've only seen it doesn't mean that's the case across the board. That's part of the stigma. I understand people may not endeavor in it because they either don't know how to roleplay that avenue alone (gender doesn't matter), or because it's their choice; but when you pull up with a statement you gotta relate it to facts.

Or say in your own perspective otherwise it looks like you're saying that's all they can do. Which is a biiiig problem in roleplay today.

I mean, it's a question to ask faction leaders themselves but any woman I've spoken to has had the same experience in anything but roleplaying in South Central and K-Town. Sure, some Asian factions allow women to be front lines but they get clowned for it and it's naïve to think they don't. I'm gonna stand by my statement unless I can be proven wrong, majority of female crime characters are background characters and aren't involved to the same level of their male counterparts. Factions would rather use them for legal work or small crime nor will they take them seriously beyond an associate level. My point also still stands about female characters not being trusted which sure, partially I agree with. It's men behind female characters roleplaying them as caricatures, stereotypes, and sex dolls that ruin it for everyone else because they're the most noticed on the server. I'm sure any member of an OCG faction would tell you that they would prefer women to be background characters or not involved at all, either privately or public.   

I'm also not saying it's unrealistic or necessarily a bad thing, it's a good challenge, but the topic at hand is why there aren't many women in jail. I'm presenting you reasons as to why - there just aren't enough females doing crime at the level of their male counterparts to be caught and put in jail.

Edited by tired!
6 minutes ago, tired! said:

I mean, it's a question to ask faction leaders themselves but any woman I've spoken to has had the same experience in anything but roleplaying in South Central and K-Town. Sure, some Asian factions allow women to be front lines but they get clowned for it and it's naïve to think they don't. I'm gonna stand by my statement unless I can be proven wrong, majority of female crime characters are background characters and aren't involved to the same level of their male counterparts. Factions would rather use them for legal work or small crime nor will they take them seriously beyond an associate level. My point also still stands about female characters not being trusted which sure, partially I agree with. It's men behind female characters roleplaying them as caricatures, stereotypes, and sex dolls that ruin it for everyone else because they're the most noticed on the server. I'm sure any member of an OCG faction would tell you that they would prefer women to be background characters or not involved at all, either privately or public.   

Exactly my point. Portrayal of the women on the server has become garbage and part of it is the fact they aren't involved in the same way as the men, which then leads to "why the fuck do we bother" mentality so they become basically nothing in the eyes of the servers. 

Edit: By keeping them in the background and basically sex dolls and shit, of course the jail is gonna be quiet and lack activity.

Edited by dontblink
  • Wuhtah locked this topic