Female jail the discussion.

Rubbish

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

Why not just make a discord server dedicated for female prison rp to keep up with activities? For people that actually want to rp lifers or got caught up and have nothing for roleplay on the female side.

I've been saying this, but nobody has done it.

On 8/20/2022 at 2:17 PM, tired! said:

There's hardly any women in crime and the ones that are generally take a more backseat role doing white collar crime, or small stuff that generally goes unnoticed. It's not really allowed that they progress into the more hardcore criminal aspects usually, hence why they're not the ones being caught and sentenced.

Cops will usually go lenient on women who are caught too either because they're trying to get their number or they know how bad the female pod is. 

This whole mentality of "women can't do ___" needs to really dissolve.

If you haven't seen a woman in real life 'live a certain criminal lifestyle' it's because they haven't gotten caught or it's not public knowledge.

Anyone can do anything, women aren't some cheese-string with crutches. They have two arms, two legs, walk talk and breathe just like men, this isn't even a pro-feminist post but rather a "humans are humans" and anyone is really capable of anything, irregardless of gender.

-

@ OP

As for the jail problem, I believe there's a new corrections coming to power up the general inmate roleplay elements that are otherwise lacking,

as for female cells it's merely a matter of how many get arrested within the sentence period of other female inmates. There's no way other than those two resolvers, to slightly fix the issue more-so than it currently is at now, other than them creating a female jail character.

I hope my reply was informative!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
19 minutes ago, Wynters said:

This whole mentality of "women can't do ___" needs to really dissolve.

If you haven't seen a woman in real life 'live a certain criminal lifestyle' it's because they haven't gotten caught or it's not public knowledge.

Anyone can do anything, women aren't some cheese-string with crutches. They have two arms, two legs, walk talk and breathe just like men, this isn't even a pro-feminist post but rather a "humans are humans" and anyone is really capable of anything, irregardless of gender.

-

@ OP

As for the jail problem, I believe there's a new corrections coming to power up the general inmate roleplay elements that are otherwise lacking,

as for female cells it's merely a matter of how many get arrested within the sentence period of other female inmates. There's no way other than those two resolvers, to slightly fix the issue more-so than it currently is at now, other than them creating a female jail character.

I hope my reply was informative!

I'm not sure if you're implying that I said they can't do ___ or you're just making a statement but nevertheless, I agree. Unfortunately on GTA, women are severely restricted when joining illegal factions beyond local roles or wives/girlfriends. There's only a handful of factions I could count on one hand that treat them as equals, or let them do anything beyond a little bit of drug selling/honey potting.

Plus the main jail is more organised and has their own factions inside. It'd take players doing that the female pod for it to have some life. 

Edited by tired!
7 minutes ago, tired! said:

I'm not sure if you're implying that I said they can't do ___ or you're just making a statement but nevertheless, I agree. Unfortunately on GTA, women are severely restricted when joining illegal factions beyond local roles or wives/girlfriends. There's only a handful of factions I could count on one hand that treat them as equals, or let them do anything beyond a little bit of drug selling/honey potting.

Plus the main jail is more organised and has their own factions inside. It'd take players doing that the female pod for it to have some life. 

It's a stigma that arose from the type of people claiming they know all about gangs because they looked at an LA gang map from 2002 and watched gang documentaries from the 80s-90s, as well as The Sopranos, Godfather & Scarface 9302 times.

EDIT: There's a very hefty mysogentistic culture that predates GTA World where people believe that women are built like sticks and stones on crutches where they're incapable of performing basic human tasks. Yet I've seen women stronger than me in real life who are powerlifters, bodybuilders, there's female SWAT operators across the world, paratroopers, army war veterans, gang members, mobsters that exist who are female, of course not all of it is gonna be posted on the internet for everyone and their grandmother to see.

My point is more so aimed at saying "women don't do much past white collar crime and take a backseat role" that's not really true though is it? If they RP that, their's their RP, but that doesn't mean "women don't do ___ or just do white collar crime and evading", it's just simply a choice.

EDIT 2: It is both a statement and a response.

Edited by Wynters
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Wynters said:

It's a stigma that arose from the type of people claiming they know all about gangs because they looked at an LA gang map from 2002 and watched gang documentaries from the 80s-90s, as well as The Sopranos, Godfather & Scarface 9302 times.

EDIT: There's a very hefty mysogentistic culture that predates GTA World where people believe that women are built like sticks and stones on crutches where they're incapable of performing basic human tasks. Yet I've seen women stronger than me in real life who are powerlifters, bodybuilders, there's female SWAT operators across the world, paratroopers, army war veterans, gang members, mobsters that exist who are female, of course not all of it is gonna be posted on the internet for everyone and their grandmother to see.

My point is more so aimed at saying "women don't do much past white collar crime and take a backseat role" that's not really true though is it? If they RP that, their's their RP, but that doesn't mean "women don't do ___ or just do white collar crime and evading", it's just simply a choice.

Ahem Aileen Wournos, literally every other gang female member, lot of them seen in news as mugshots aggravated robbery, murder charges. Lizzy Borden took an axe. And gave her mother fourty whacks. People should really stop thinking only males are capable of aggressive and violent behaviour and crimes.

22 minutes ago, Wynters said:

Yeah well I'm agreeing with you. My statement was more generalised but it depends what type of scenario they're in. Sure, they *can* do more but from what I've experienced, saw, and done myself? It's always been pushed that those are the options presented to me for "realism." I know a few who would agree with me. It's not that we don't want to, it's that most of the time we're not allowed - unless we head down to Rancho, go solo, or are connected through OOC means that they trust us enough to RP it properly. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think the argument is that women are physically unable to commit crime, it's just that most criminal organizations are male dominated. That said, I've heard many horror stories of how in a few gang factions, female characters were treated like background support characters with far too much disrespect for it to be fun or realistic. 

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, DeadPlaya said:

I don't think the argument is that women are physically unable to commit crime, it's just that most criminal organizations are male dominated. That said, I've heard many horror stories of how in a few gang factions, female characters were treated like background support characters with far too much disrespect for it to be fun or realistic. 

Females can be way more cruel, often you can find them as instigators too,

• Wuhtah locked this topic