Multiple Characters with 0 physical differences

KussArsch

I’ve come across multiple people now who have numerous characters such as their main characters and alternative ones too. I’ve noticed with a handful of these people they make characters who have the same exact face as their others and also very similar /examines. I’m not understanding the point of this? Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of having a separate character if it’s exactly the same as the others. Despite maybe a few personality differences? It’s also extremely confusing if they have facebrowser or make menyoo photos. It looks like the same exact person just a separate profile. 

Thoughts/opinions? I personally enjoy making different characters to look very different from my main character or others. I just can’t find the fascination or attraction to playing the same exact person with a different name? I don’t really think you’re limited at all with the possibilities you can do in order to make them look and act different as well. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, KussArsch said:

I’ve come across multiple people now who have numerous characters such as their main characters and alternative ones too. I’ve noticed with a handful of these people they make characters who have the same exact face as their others and also very similar /examines. I’m not understanding the point of this? Doesn’t it defeat the purpose of having a separate character if it’s exactly the same as the others. Despite maybe a few personality differences? It’s also extremely confusing if they have facebrowser or make menyoo photos. It looks like the same exact person just a separate profile. 

Thoughts/opinions? I personally enjoy making different characters to look very different from my main character or others. I just can’t find the fascination or attraction to playing the same exact person with a different name? I don’t really think you’re limited at all with the possibilities you can do in order to make them look and act different as well. 

Are they playing the exact same type of character or do they just have the same face settings? Could be that they just know this one preset that works, and... why change a good formula? 

Hard to say. Facebrowser has several pages that look the same because people copy other character's faces, or other people's editing style. Often it's not the same person at all and I've gotten several people confused with each other because of this.

If their background story is the same, it doesn't hurt to ask and if it IS the same person ooc, they might realize their mistakes in playing basically the same character again.

i feel attacked lol

im lazy when it comes to making chars. it's hard enough for most us to make chars that aren't entirely hideous and are somewhat realistic looking, and personally even when i try to make my chars look different they somehow all end up looking the same anyway 😭

but seriously, i dont care if your char looks like your last one. the RP is what matters most.

• Upvote 5

kinda sorta off-topic but i feel like one thing we've lost in the transition from SAMP to GTAW is the descriptions of our characters. its quite rare to describe appeareance outside of /examine (which tends to be ridiculous or too simple) 

players rely on their 3d models which TEND to look exactly the same for women 

still, i prefer that to seeing descriptions like "her hair falls across her pale shoulderblades like the trail of a blazing comet, glistening against the backdrop of the great beyond... 32F TITTIES AND JUICY ASS"

• Upvote 5
  • Wuhtah locked this topic