Mandatory forum account/ucp link to prevent dorks that hide behind fresh alt forum accounts from shitting up threads

2 minutes ago, Snoot said:

sir this is about people not shitting up my faction thread 

whats bad about this?  dont hate on a playa

what about the fuckin uhhh

accounts for businesses? or accounts for LEO factions? Or whatever it may be?

what if someone just doesn''t want their account associated with their characters?

i think this just comes down to making admins enforce the forum rules, as opposed to making wack rules!

14 minutes ago, NickyW said:

what about the fuckin uhhh

accounts for businesses? or accounts for LEO factions? Or whatever it may be?

what if someone just doesn''t want their account associated with their characters?

i think this just comes down to making admins enforce the forum rules, as opposed to making wack rules!

As long as you link your UCP you can still use those. Just allow double UCP link (or triple etc).

2 hours ago, BjornV said:

As long as you link your UCP you can still use those. Just allow double UCP link (or triple etc).

Ok but I don't want to.

And what a pain in the ass, what if you want multiple people to have access to an account? What if you're transferring leadership?

2 hours ago, NickyW said:

Ok but I don't want to.

And what a pain in the ass, what if you want multiple people to have access to an account? What if you're transferring leadership?

You spend 5 minutes transferring links and share access as needed. Account owner (ucp link) takes responsibility for any trolling/flaming done on the account. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, Snoot said:

sir this is about people not shitting up my faction thread 

whats bad about this?  dont hate on a playa

So report the comments and ask to have them removed if they don't belong on the thread. I'm sure Admins wouldn't say no, especially if its not something you want on your own faction's thread.

Edited by Palliox
5 hours ago, Palliox said:

So report the comments and ask to have them removed if they don't belong on the thread. I'm sure Admins wouldn't say no, especially if its not something you want on your own faction's thread.

The problem is there is no real accountability for behaviour on the forums. 

I can make another forum account and spread the most vile, horrid hate speech with no consequences because it's not linked to anything else. 

People who are community banned, can still make new accounts and post on the forums etc. It's just a way for people to have some accountability for their actions 

Big support. 

• Upvote 1