Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?

Mistery14

15 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Okay? Even if it is like that, it's called a light roleplay server for a reason. Plus, I doubt this would even happen, it will be most likely rules and stuff in place for it to not just be a deathmatch festival or whatever your claims are.

Still, back in SAMP light Rp servers were all a joke, nothing was taken serious when it comes to roleplay and the rules were not up to standards. Players were free to do whatever they liked. You'd even see players in gangs having high-end vehicles and no proper char dev is needed. It won't be DM server, but gun-fights will be more of a priority.
I'm just saying whatever I've seen in other communities, I just like gtaw how it is rn. 

8 hours ago, Van said:

People who came here they came here for the heavy rp promise.

I would not accept anything lighter for my fun.

Okay? We didn't ask what you will not accept. At the end of the day were not forcing you to accept this. You can stay on this server as you came here for your heavy roleplay, like the others that did too and don't enjoy low quality roleplay. Just saying not tending to be rude. But yes, we understand we came here for heavy roleplay. Why not let GTAW open more doors to different scenes and nature of roleplay, and make another server for low roleplay standards and have a community for that? 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, ClaudeSpeed said:

Still, back in SAMP light Rp servers were all a joke, nothing was taken serious when it comes to roleplay and the rules were not up to standards. Players were free to do whatever they liked. You'd even see players in gangs having high-end vehicles and no proper char dev is needed. It won't be DM server, but gun-fights will be more of a priority.
I'm just saying whatever I've seen in other communities, I just like gtaw how it is rn. 

I see where you're coming from. But this doesn't affect this side of GTAW at all, if people take the low-quality side of GTAW as a joke? Let them, has nothing to do with the server, and I don't think we care what outsiders think of the server anyways.

There is tons of arguments and a ton of people that take this side of GTAW as a joke and say harsh things and such and such about GTAW now. I don't really get where you're trying to get at point wise, but I understand your viewpoint of some sort. Just saying in general, I think most of y'all are taking this suggestion the wrong way, as like were saying to change this server into a low-quality roleplay server. We're saying to open up another server that is low quality for people that enjoy that roleplay and for people that would like to roleplay that way instead.

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE

I believe this could help this server in some way too. I'm tired and I believe y'all are tired of low quality roleplayers forcing themselves into our high-quality roleplay server, trying to meet the requirements and failing at them and giving administrators and other parties a hard time. Which I believe this happens because GTAW is one of the most popular servers out here, and it's no other servers like this. So instead of them having to come over here, they can go where they belong as we can say. As them still enjoying the fashion of GTAW as far as modifications and scripts, but instead it's low quality roleplay which fits there type of roleplay.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Samuel_Chavez said:

no we dont want this to turn into NGRP

1 hour ago, ClaudeSpeed said:

Light rp server = cops and robbers server

Means no more RPQM 😱 

You'd see everyone with high end cars and non rp driving everywhere.

Just as a little reminder because again a lot of comments are misinterpreting this thread:

This thread is NOT asking to turn current GTA World (Which is heavy RP) into a Light-RP server. This thread asks what benefits/drawbacks an additional, separate GTA W server using Light RP would bring, alongside having our current server.

It is a hypothetical conversation. I am not suggesting any change.

Edited by Mistery14
1 hour ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

I believe this could help this server in some way too. I'm tired and I believe y'all are tired of low quality roleplayers forcing themselves into our high-quality roleplay server, trying to meet the requirements and failing at them and giving administrators and other parties a hard time. Which I believe this happens because GTAW is one of the most popular servers out here, and it's no other servers like this. So instead of them having to come over here, they can go where they belong as we can say. As them still enjoying the fashion of GTAW as far as modifications and scripts, but instead it's low quality roleplay which fits there type of roleplay.

I definitely agree with this. Let's say GTA World checks all of the boxes to be able to open up a Light-RP server, like I said earlier, let's pretend we have enough staff, enough funding, enough players, enough resources and devs etc, etc. Now we have 2 separate servers; Heavy-RP, and Light-RP. Let's make that Light-RP server public without an application process.

So why would a separate Light-RP server be good?

It'd be good in the sense that new players and "Light-RPers" (or people who don't really care for RP but care more for assets and money) will no longer have to cheat their way into the entry questionnaire that GTA W Heavy RP requires, and will be able to connect to the Light-RP server freely.

On one hand, we have the new players that will be eased into the concept of RP gradually with Light RP, on the other hand we're going to have the players who actually prefer this kind of RP and will be able to build something for themselves in an environment that they are more familiar and comfortable with. This means that Heavy Roleplayers will be able to stay on the Heavy RP server and focus on the Heavy RP aspect of it without being interrupted by the former and latter.

What this mean we might see a decrease in the playerbase in GTA W's Heavy RP server. Is it a bad thing? It depends, because even if the playerbase might be smaller, the RP standard and quality of RP might be higher due to the fact that the Light Roleplayers and new players will be more inclined to go on the Light-RP server without disrupting the Heavy RP going on, maybe not completely, but it would at least mitigate the issue IMO. This in turn could also make it so that we can be less lenient with rule breakers and be done with the "We're a learning server" thing, as the Light RP server would be there for that purpose.

Of course in reality, I don't think it's do-able anytime soon but it's interesting to talk about.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Okay? We didn't ask what you will not accept. At the end of the day were not forcing you to accept this. You can stay on this server as you came here for your heavy roleplay, like the others that did too and don't enjoy low quality roleplay. Just saying not tending to be rude. But yes, we understand we came here for heavy roleplay. Why not let GTAW open more doors to different scenes and nature of roleplay, and make another server for low roleplay standards and have a community for that? 

Time and resources.

Limited.

People keep asking the same here quoting me. I've been asked a question as a member of this community and this is the answer. I've come here to get a heavy roleplaying experience, not to suffer because the already busy administration team has to look after a "light roleplay server" as well. As an entirely different project irrelevant to GtaW which doesn't suck it's resources? Yeah, why not. But as a part of it? It isn't needed.

6 minutes ago, Van said:

Time and resources.

Limited.

People keep asking the same here quoting me. I've been asked a question as a member of this community and this is the answer. I've come here to get a heavy roleplaying experience, not to suffer because the already busy administration team has to look after a "light roleplay server" as well. As an entirely different project irrelevant to GtaW which doesn't suck it's resources? Yeah, why not. But as a part of it? It isn't needed.

Maybe it's on me for failing to clarify in detail a little more that it's not possible for us to run and maintain another server but, this thread being hypothetical in nature means that we'd be in a situation where we could "afford" to run a separate, Light RP server. I'm asking if it would be a good or a bad thing depending on people's views if we were able to do it, basically.

"Still for the sake of discussion, let's pretend it can be a thing. Do you think any good would come out of it?"

Right now? I sure hope nothing like that is in the works, another server would be really bad for the same reasons you mentioned, so yes, I do agree with you very much on that point.

Edited by Mistery14
  • Mistery14 changed the title to Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?
  • Nervous locked this topic