Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?

Mistery14

Hi,

So I had a little thought going through my head, it might be a bit of a dumb idea but I think directing the players who are into Light RP towards... Well, a Light RP server, as opposed to Heavy-RP would be a pretty good thing considering all things. GTA W "Heavy text RP" could become less lenient towards people who purposefully break rules and already treat the server like a Light RP server.

I mean, if you think about it, a separate Light RP server that'd be cheaper to run with a little less features might be better for new players to take in the concept of RP without being overwhelmed with the complexity of Heavy RP. Maybe the Light RP server could become the "Leaning server" instead of having this notion here on the Heavy RP server.

Now I've ran small private servers before but never anything close to the scale of GTA World, so naturally I know that realistically this is probably never going to be made, it's most likely going to mean a smaller player base on the current Heavy RP GTA World server if people migrate over to the Light RP server. But still - It would still be a GTA World server, except it's not Heavy RP, so all donations made on the Light RP server would still bring revenue instead of having people migrate to other existing Light RP servers that aren't related to GTA W.

Still for the sake of discussion, let's pretend it can be a thing. Do you think any good would come out of it?

Edited by Mistery14
51 minutes ago, Van said:

People who came here they came here for the heavy rp promise.

I would not accept anything lighter for my fun.

38 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

There's other servers of you want lighter RP. To my knowledge this is the only place where someone can come and write properly.

Oh yes, absolutely. Must be some confusion, because I'm not saying "Turn GTA: World into a Light-RP server", at all. I'm very happy with GTA World being a Heavy-RP server, I came here because it was Heavy RP.

I'm saying: "What if GTA World had a separate Light RP server, unrelated to the one we are currently in?"

Edited by Mistery14
13 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

Was there any reasoning behind the idea being scrapped? I'm pretty interested in knowing if you can/want to share it.

No use in dividing the player base on two servers, there would be continuity issues, the staff resources are already stretched trying to administrate this server etc. It just wasn't considered viable, wasn't a popular idea so it was scrapped.

• Mistery14 changed the title to Would a different (separate) GTA: World "Light Text RP" server be beneficial?
  • Nervous locked this topic