[K-LSN] The Evening News Special-Riot update & Interview with SD-Whistleblower Detective S. Ostrowski

5yHwzO3.png

The Evening News Special:

Interview with SD Detective S. Ostrowski regarding misconduct in the 30th July Riots

Carry Saunders: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the evening news on K-LSN. I'm Carry Saunders, it is nine p.m..

Carry Saunders: Local news. Interesting reports have reached our newsroom early today regarding happenings during the violent protest on July 30th in Davis infront and around the Sheriff's Department station.

Carry Saunders: After thourough review of all available footage , no less than three instances of Deputies violently, and repeatedly, kicking on already cuffed suspects, are counted so far.

One of these attacks, happening right in the yard of the station itself- we'll later ask our lawyer if this man conducted a possible threat after Deputies reported dragged him inside first was confirmed by Sheriff's Department Detective Miss Sarah Ostrowski, who's in the studio with me tonight. Thank you for coming, Detective Ostrowski.

Sarah Ostrowski: (Sarah nods towards the camera). Thank you for having me tonight, Miss Saunders. It's a pleasure to be here.

Carry Saunders: (the camera pans out a little and shows indeed Carry was not bluffing: She has a guest tonight! A woman with brown, shoulderlong hair and a green football jersey)

a98e8e648306e4156a58c82377698448.png

Carry Saunders: Please, Detective, first upfront for our viewers that were not there- what happened on the yard of the SD station on the night of the 30th of July, when local rapper Percy Saunders aka "Payroll P" was detained and arrested?

Carry Saunders: (Carry keeps her poker face up at Sarah, seemingly curious for her answer, despite obviously knowing it all already)

Sarah Ostrowski: (Sarah clears her throat). Well. Let me be clear, that night was pretty awful for everyone involved.

Sarah Ostrowski: I do believe what happened that night isn't representative of all peace officers there; however, what happened that night was unacceptable.

Carry Saunders: (Carry looks as concerned as her botox-mask allows, half turned to Sarah.)

Carry Saunders: (a few recordings are displayed to show how bad it was for everyone indeed, specially this poor, poor cruiser that got caught unguarded and went up in flames!)

e6ab8395a6bcb4f13833bd55868f9491.jpg

Sarah Ostrowski: Though I cannot speak on all the events that happened that night, I do have one distinct incident that comes to mind.

Sarah Ostrowski: While we were handling suspects in the Davis parking lot, I witnessed two deputies repeatedly strike a handcuffed a suspect. One of the deputies involved also utilized a baton to strike the suspect.

Carry Saunders: (Carry grimaces, ouch, batons hurt!)

Sarah Ostrowski: This was in clear and blatant violation of the law and also department policy.

Carry Saunders: While a few such incidents were reported during the course of the riot-turned protest, and one instance was caught on our own camera, this very case was not published on social media or the news yet, correct?

Sarah Ostrowski: That's correct. This case was not published on the news nor was any of its content made available to the public.

Carry Saunders: (Other cases, recorded by Carry's A-team and attentive bystanders, are displayed, Deputies with pixeled faces ruthlessly kicking people who are on the ground already. In slow-mo, so it looks more devious!)

https://streamable.com/nlqdrb

d4ca60529bb65816dab5a8277bf17ddf.jpg

Sarah Ostrowski: Since the incident, I made my immediate supervisors aware of what happened. None of the supervisors acted on it.

Carry Saunders: (Carry nods concerned). Shocking.

Sarah Ostrowski: It is. While the deputies were briefly placed on administrative leave since I raised my concerns, they were eventually returned to patrol duty and have since been on the streets.

Carry Saunders: (Carry turns to the camera, clearly not that shocked, and nods).

Carry Saunders: We have meanwhile verified this from third sources, indeed.

Carry Saunders: You have much more insight in the department than I do, Detective, but if we take this in account, it raises the total number of reported incidents to three, only for the riot from the 30th.

Carry Saunders: (Carry shrugs vaguely, makes the face)

Carry Saunders: Would you say the Sheriff's Department has a compliance problem, Detective?

Sarah Ostrowski: I can't speak on that, Miss Saunders, but there's a fine line between wrong and right. I saw something against my beliefs and moral ethics that night, so I came forward with it.

Carry Saunders: You mentioned you reported this incident to your supervisors, which brings me to the next question. As mentioned, three such incidents in one event that are, on review, ridiculously comparable-

Carry Saunders: (Carry gives Sarah her most inquisitive gaze)

Carry Saunders: How did supervisors at the scene attempt to control this- if they did?

Carry Saunders: I mean can't be only us and some people posting on social media noticed this...

Carry Saunders: (Carry checks her documents briefly before raising her gaze again)

Sarah Ostrowski: The incident I speak of was not directly witnessed by a supervisor to my furthest knowledge. I forwarded it to Internal Affairs, the deputies were briefly placed on administrative leave but were shortly released back to normal patrol duty.

Sarah Ostrowski: I don't entirely believe Internal Affairs is entirely working with integrity. I'm not certain I can blame the supervisors; though their inactions certainly contribute.

Carry Saunders: (Carry shrugs vaguely) Lacking insight in what sanctions exactly they ordered I'll not speculate on this, but what I wonder is, what kind of on scene communication was there? According to our information-

Carry Saunders: Alongside the two deputies beating Mr Payroll in this yard, there was also you and at least two more Deputies present- Why did no on interfer?

Carry Saunders: (Carry seems as clueless as only someone with civil courage can be over this question.)

Sarah Ostrowski: At the time, I was preoccupied with another task. I made the relevant people aware of the incident when the chance came.

Carry Saunders: And they decided to do what?

Carry Saunders: Again, lacking insight but by this time another incident was already publicly discussed on social media and a third broadcasted by us-

Carry Saunders: I can't believe the Department's radio traffic was in no way mentioning these situations, Detective.

Carry Saunders: (Carry shakes her head. No, not convinced!)

Sarah Ostrowski: Well. I'm not sure, again. My concern was acknowledged and the deputies were eventually placed on administrative leave. However, this leave has been lifted and they continue their normal patrol duties since.

Carry Saunders: Speaking of IA procedures, let me ask, Detective, since how long are you working for the department?

Carry Saunders: It's slightly unrelated but an old case just recently got as reply- total coincidence and certainly not related to our riot report it just happened NOW we got a response-

Sarah Ostrowski: I've been employed with the department for roughly eleven years.

Carry Saunders: (Carry grins to her audience, almost winking)

Carry Saunders: Does the name Charles Santana ring a bell to you, Detective?

Sarah Ostrowski: (Sarah takes a moment). I can't say it does.

Carry Saunders: (Carry says so after first searching the name out of her stack of documents, nods to Sarah)

Carry Saunders: Makes sense as for all we know his career was terminated after he was caught forging evidence in a really fishy case- which brings me to the last question for tonight I have on this behalf-

Carry Saunders: (Carry folds her hands like Mr Burns, side eyes Sarah)

Carry Saunders: In certain... circles it's allegedly an open secret Operation Safe Streets does uh, provide bodyguard and bouncing services to local gangs and small crime syndicates-

Carry Saunders: ...Anything you noticed regarding this?

Sarah Ostrowski: As a detective with Operation Safe Streets, I can't say I've noticed any deputies or detectives affiliated with any deputy gangs. Minus a few bad apples, we all arrive to our work and do our jobs; protect and serve the communities we are in.

Carry Saunders: (Carry nods at the"few bad apples", but demonstratively gazes to her audience through the camera lense, brows narrowed. Yes, yes, just tragic single incidents, we know.)

Carry Saunders: SO there's no systemic issues in how the department operates, despite three comparable incidents during a single events indicating elsewise?

Carry Saunders: (Carry is seemingly curious for the answer. Three bad apples make a bad pie, but no bad tree after all!)

Sarah Ostrowski: Well. There's systematic issues with gender equality, of course. It's usually harder for female deputies to preform in such challenging environments. There's always going to be that workplace harassment present. The Sheriff's Department is yet to address it.

Carry Saunders: We'll see to organize us statistics for this as soon as we can. Anything else you'd like the audience to know, Detective?

Carry Saunders: (Carry switches back from inquisitive to friendly-hostess mode. It's time for culture and the weather soon!)

Sarah Ostrowski: (Sarah coughs into a closed fist). That will be all from me.

Carry Saunders: Thank you very much for coming tonight, Detective Ostrowski. For our audience at home the reminder, if you think you or someone you know is incorrectly treated by either law enforcement agency, try to provide as much details in a report,

Carry Saunders: It helps eventual investigators, may they be from the resepctive Department's Internal Affaires Bureaus, journalists or other investigators.

Credits:

Moderation: C. Saunders

Camera: A. Caulfield. K. Lynn

Sound: K. Lynn

Editorial: C. Saunders, A. Caulfield

©2022 K-LSN All rights reserved.

af564a139a68788a08a59a810bf3a711.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

Edited by knppel
  • Upvote 2
  • knppel changed the title to [K-LSN] The Evening News Special-Riot update & Interview with SD-Whistleblower Detective S. Ostrowski

Username: BIG_BLACK

Comment: wouldn't be the first time 'Sheriff' Cline (who voted for him? nobody I know...) covers up the actions of his CORRUPT deputies. internal affairs don't prosecute their colleagues because most of them are fucking eachother (BIG issue SD stands for sex department not sheriff's - it is why I applied ).  Sexism and racism and Nazis are a big issue in the Daparment - Victim of it myself.

Fuck the Sherifs and that Bozo Shariff

Edited by imi
  • Upvote 5

Username: Yungeen Ace

Comment:  Carl Clark Confirms the Unbelievable - LSSD does organized stalking and uses electronic weapons to make people look crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carl Clark confirms that the LS county Sheriff’s Department is in fact a state run domestic terrorist organization that does illegal torture operations on citizens to drive them crazy, make them suicidal, and discredit them, usage of San Francisco mobsters and Chinese-born gangsters from Decker St. has garnered media attention. The one they call Taxi Boy worked for the CIB to 1997, tracking and gaslighting individual targets for the department. 😰😱😱🤫🤫🤫 😨😱

He says: Bugs are no longer necessary as you can eavesdrop on mobile phones, ISDN phones or small parabolic receiving dishes nowadays. Unfortunately, the deployment of microwave weapons has, in addition, become very practicable.

Did you also use such weapons?

No. I was responsible for surveillance. Colleagues from special departments did this. However, I was at times on site when these weapons were deployed.

The radar emits electromagnetic waves, some of which pick up the target and the result is then evaluated. My friends who work in the special department could then follow the target all day on their computers. This form of localizing the target made it easy to deploy the weapons accurately. My colleagues could see exactly where to aim and also observe how the target reacted. They create heat, inner burns, pain, nausea, fear. Sometimes traces are left on the skin, but mostly not.

• Upvote 10
  • Applaud 1

Username: defuegos
Comment: The same cycle over and over again. It is common knowledge that the sheriffs are corrupt, not with bad apples, but the entire rotten roots of the appletree.
Then, something becomes public, we talk about it for one week or two, the media pretends to care and the cops say some generic things because they think we are fools. This time, they were creative! Creating a ''whistleblower'' (blatant inside job) to talk about it to make us believe there's someone good there trying to make something right. Bullshit.
Who is shocked that Internal Affairs got these cops out on the streets again? Who, in full sanity, thinks that cops investigating themselves is a good idea? They're friends covering up for one another. 

To who do the Sheriffs answer? Cline? See above about cops answering to themselves. If no one holds them accountable, we are beyond past the time to hold them ourselves. Quit your day job.