Taxi Script Improvements

Fernando

Suggestion: Improving the current taxi system

Short description: Several ideas to have an improved and enhanced taxi system
Detailed description:

Useful features:

• There should be a command to list the last recent calls to the taxi hotline. This can be used to find people's names & phone numbers who who ran off without paying in the end.

• A command that pushes a free advert to notify players that there is a taxi driver on duty. This should be protected by an anti-spam delay so that multiple taxi drivers can't use it at the same time, like the normal ads system. It should air something like this:

[Taxi Co] A taxi driver is now on duty! Call 910 if you need a taxi.

I've seen other servers openly display the taxi driver's name in the advertisement but I believe that's unnecessary and quite unrealistic if you ask me.

Also, you can argue that these advertisements are not realistic because in real life these wouldn't appear anywhere but, believe me, we can't have 100% realism as there can't be taxi drivers on duty 24 hours a day so it's handy to know when they are available!

(also pls don't forget to fix the taxi meter!)

Commands to add: /taxirequests /taxiduty (to air advert)

Items to add: x

How would your suggestion improve the server? There is a rise in popularity of the taxi job, especially with the company I started with a few friends that is actively growing. This would be very beneficial.

Aditionnal informationTaxi driving creates roleplay. It's not just picking up and dropping someone off. You get to interact with other players and form relationships. It needs some attention and definitely some changes to its script.

Edit: Scrapped some ideas off the suggestion and changed it a bit. 31/10/2018

Edited by Fernando

I'm sure I've seen a taxi license in people's inventory before, but maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, personally I don't exactly see how this is going to create a large amount of incentive for people to want to roleplay as a Taxi driver. I feel like there needs to be more of a drive other than roleplay specific incentive, such as using your own vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing Sandking XLs, because they're four doors, being used as taxis and Buffalo S' being used to speed around the city like it's Crazy Taxi.

However the idea of having calls listed and numbers displayed, might not be a bad idea, potentially clearing out some of the spam of /ad for rides.

I often see taxi drivers advertising themselves being on-duty. This is hardly a suitable realistic solution for getting incoming calls - therefore I believe this suggestion would benefit everyone. Players will know when a taxi driver comes on-duty and will be eager to request transportation services, and taxi drivers will not be spending their own money on /advertisements. Frankly this is more of an OOC reminder to players that taxis are available.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:33 PM, Franelli said:

I often see taxi drivers advertising themselves being on-duty. This is hardly a suitable realistic solution for getting incoming calls - therefore I believe this suggestion would benefit everyone. Players will know when a taxi driver comes on-duty and will be eager to request transportation services, and taxi drivers will not be spending their own money on /advertisements. Frankly this is more of an OOC reminder to players that taxis are available.

It might not be realistic, but the OOC reminder is really quite necessary if you ask taxi drivers nowadays.

• 2 months later...

Against the ooc reminder, its just pointless and will spam your chat, its much better if we add an /onduty command like on another server from SAMP where it lists you the online amount of taxi drivers, PD and FD. That way only people who care about that would be able to see it.

Also yes please fix the taxi meter.