Unrestricted Antifa Illegal Factions/More anti-neo-nazi gangs.

lostlk

Exactly as it says on the tin. The current amount of Neo-Nazi/Bonehead gangs within Los Santos is absolutely insane. And the fact that they are able to continue almost avoiding any conflict from most characters drives me up a wall. I'm requesting IFM to unrestrict Anarchist/Anti-fascist gang concepts, and perhaps create an official faction dedicated just to fighting the current oversaturation of Neo-Nazi gangs.

If not, add a rule that all minority gangs can *NOT* interact with Neo-Nazi gangs in a peaceful manner, and vice versa. There's no good reason why a South Central Crip should be allowing a White Pride gang on his block for anything. Obviously people are going to state that from time to time, these two gangs may trade, but at the current status, it's insane.

• Upvote 1

Ethno-nationalist groups, both criminal and civilian, have a long (albiet strange) history of collaborating with other ethno-nationalist groups from the other side of the fence. On the criminal side you've got prison gangs making alliances and pacts despite ideology (American History X actually did a damn good job showcasing this) and on the civilian side, I'd like to point to the infamous picture of George Rockwell sitting at an Nation of Islam rally in full American Nazi Party regalia as a guest of honor. This suggestion isn't just inauthentic, it reeks of ignorance on the topic.

• Upvote 3

interesting thread. I roleplay a skinhead and I actually dislike how nobody treats my character like a cunt just based off that. the antifa that used to be on the server weren’t the best roleplayers but I had good interactions and I felt unwelcome. the issue is keeping the violence at an enjoyable level. 

also, as other people have stated, skinheads will definitely make deals with other races of it benefits them financially and benefits the gang. the racism is used to intimidate, recruit and radicalise members to commit acts of violence on behalf of the gang. 

The role that racism actually plays in these gangs is quite difficult to understand which is why u see so many skinheads going over the top with it. 

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Gallagher said:

also, as other people have stated, skinheads will definitely make deals with other races of it benefits them financially and benefits the gang. the racism is used to intimidate, recruit and radicalise members to commit acts of violence on behalf of the gang. 

The role that racism actually plays in these gangs is quite difficult to understand which is why u see so many skinheads going over the top with it. 

I am fully aware that bonehead gangs have a tendency to trade with minority gangs, but at the current rate it's rather insane to see. I see no good reason why a South Central Crip would allow someone fully blasted with swastikas casually stroll around their turf. I'm fully convinced most people didn't read this thread. Currently the only gang concepts we have are generic boneheads, or very typical "street gang". I'm simply stating that something should be done to make the oversaturation of this stop. It drives me insane to see civilian RPers chilling in Neo-Nazi bars with no issues, or Minority-Majority gangs entering these bars without any concern.

7 minutes ago, lostlk said:

I am fully aware that bonehead gangs have a tendency to trade with minority gangs, but at the current rate it's rather insane to see. I see no good reason why a South Central Crip would allow someone fully blasted with swastikas casually stroll around their turf. I'm fully convinced most people didn't read this thread. Currently the only gang concepts we have are generic boneheads, or very typical "street gang". I'm simply stating that something should be done to make the oversaturation of this stop. It drives me insane to see civilian RPers chilling in Neo-Nazi bars with no issues, or Minority-Majority gangs entering these bars without any concern.

95% of skinhead characters on this server are not political skinheads (whichever subcategory of political skinhead u wanna identify them as). they are just white gang members.

my point with this being that they dont give a fuck who they hang around with unless its in jail.

but u are right more characters should have an issue with it.

Edited by Gallagher
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, lostlk said:

It drives me insane to see civilian RPers chilling in Neo-Nazi bars with no issues, or Minority-Majority gangs entering these bars without any concern.

Legitimate question because I’m curious. Is there some sort of restriction that says this can’t be handled IC? Grief these people. Throw them out. Make them leave. They walk in and aren’t supposed to be there? They should be told or shown IC they aren’t supposed to be there. I don’t see why this specific point is an OOC issue, unless there’s a faction concept restriction that says they can’t do that. If you walk into Davis and don’t belong, you’re getting into some trouble because that’s how it is. Why should this be any different? If they aren’t portraying the group properly, they need to be reported. 

1 minute ago, Coolwhip said:

Legitimate question because I’m curious. Is there some sort of restriction that says this can’t be handled IC?

My main issue is the fact that any sort of Anti-fascist gang is a restricted concept, meaning that if you and a group started to handle such situations ICly, it could be reported.

This concept isn’t “oversaturated” just like how LCN RP, LEO RP, or playing a sureno isn’t oversaturated. People are going to play what they want to play, and skinhead rp is of huge appeal to people because the white rp scene is active and going strong right now, especially compared to a year or so ago. There is a very good reason why a south central Crip or any other gang would do business with someone with white power ink, and that’s money. I had a lot of great interactions with skinhead characters in jail playing as a sureno where both sides shared a common enemy and more than anything, have financial motives. 

Despite what a lot of people seem to think, money is the primary motivator for any peckerwood/skinhead clique along with getting high. How racist you are varies from person to person and gang to gang, but a lot of people overdo it. Should antifa factions and other radical groups be allowed? Yes, but their sole purpose shouldn’t be to beef skinheads.