Long freezes after new DLC

mevv

Got rid of most of my issues by switching to windowed mode, I rarely get any crashes/freezing at all. Doesn’t fix it for everyone but the few people who have switched to it seem to be getting a better experience. Not borderless though.

12 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Now... it could be that my slot was broken pre update and I just never noticed or it is a coincidence that it broke after gtav update and it started lagging cause of that.

This might just be you, man. I'm using 11 GB's of ram out of 16 when playing. I've tried turning stuff like VSync into fast and normal. I put textures and shadows on the lowest possible, and even with that the lagspike doesn't stop. If anyone has a fix, please let us know.

Windows and and fullscreen got no difference, for me at least.

Edited by Hendrix Jackson

I fixed my issue. 

Are you guys using WIFI as connection by any chance? While I thought this was a software error/hardware maybe, it seems for my behalf to have originated from the use of WIFI over ethernet cable. 

Alternatively it could just have been fixed elsehow?

Edited by Arkster
On 8/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, Jennie said:

Game on HDD or SSD? I don't have this problem. (SSD my case)

I have two NVMe's, tons of RAM, rtx 3070 and I've been getting these issues a lot. Giant lag spikes which may or may not make me crash. It's odd. 

14 hours ago, Arkster said:

I fixed my issue. 

Are you guys using WIFI as connection by any chance? While I thought this was a software error/hardware maybe, it seems for my behalf to have originated from the use of WIFI over ethernet cable. 

Alternatively it could just have been fixed elsehow?

I'm using an ethernet cable. I don't think its a connection thing for most people. For example, when I get these freezes every couple of minutes, sometimes a window pops up saying RAGEMP is not responding and then unfreezes and goes back to normal. It's most likely a Rage problem.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Bird Allegiance said:

I'm using an ethernet cable. I don't think its a connection thing for most people. For example, when I get these freezes every couple of minutes, sometimes a window pops up saying RAGEMP is not responding and then unfreezes and goes back to normal. It's most likely a Rage problem.

I just know that the only thing I changed between me having frame-freezes like: https://i.gyazo.com/42fccac39107f1cfb891979b7c0dd6e4.mp4 and now? 

I changed location, faster internet here and I use a cable. Only change I made over the last few days.

I found a fix that worked for me! Maybe it'll work for some of you.

1. https://discord.gg/qRdVSkUW6n 
  2. Project-dumps
  3. Drag & drop the files from the zip file inside your rage folder/ if it ask you to replace, press yes.
  4. Run the rage-setup.bat
  5. Set your priority for the game.exe to high - set EAC's priority low.
  6. If you have done this previous to the DLC, try it again now.
    I haven't had a freeze and only crashed once during my playtime today.

Edited by Hendrix Jackson
  • Upvote 2
  • Dor locked this topic