Faction Spawnpoint

bonk

Okay so after reading every comment here I can see that there's some valid points brought up from all angles with this suggestion so I'll touch on some of them.

Potential for abuse

Is there potential for abuse with this suggestion? yes there is, players would be able to /changechar and teleport across the map to any Police station owned by the respective faction.

Players responding to pagers and teleporting across the map to whatever is closest to the ongoing situation.

How this suggestion would benefit LEO roleplayers

To start off, some players are very busy in real life and lack the amount of time available to enjoy the server, this implementation could give them an extra few minutes of playtime - doesn't sound like much, but for players who don't have much time, this quickly turns into hours, especially when these factions have an activity requirement.

Often times LEO's run into their games crashing quite frequent, especially through the night, and this can lead to "Yep I'm done for the night" to then log in having to either spawn where they last were, or at another property. In regards to the above with some players lacking time, this can add an extra few minutes to the amount of time they have to play.

Provides a quality of life option to players when game crashes force them to spawn somewhere they may not have chose to log out at.

Regarding some of the above, LEO's roleplaying in the county currently have to drive all the way back to Paleto, and this gets mundane for them rather quickly, also leaving less time to roleplay on duty for those that lack it, renting a motel is a hotfix and not an ideal solution.

Does this suggestion benefit the server as a whole?

Yes and no. While having this added would reduce a minor amount of player traffic around the map there's also some positive aspects to consider such as less vehicles left around the map to naturally aid with texture loss. All this however I believe would be very minor considering how things are currently.

Generally put, LEO's logging in and driving to the station from their homes doesn't typically bring much roleplay to the table, maybe the odd time it could, however is very likely a rare occasion. 

How would LFM enforce any abuse of this?

If we do decide to approve and implement this feature, LFM would be very strict in regards to any abuse of this without exception. Any play to win attitudes that coincided with this feature would be dealt with harshly as members of all official factions are expected to maintain high standards. There would also be some discussion with developers to help combat any abuse of this, merely one I can mention would be having a timer of sorts ticking, enabling players to only use this once per X amount of time. And its also worth mentioning that we would provide some guidelines of when this can be used, we wouldn't want people leaving abandoned cruisers all over the map.

Additional notes

While this may seem like an easy addition of a quality of life feature there are quite a few things to consider as we can see, and likely more that I may have missed. This is currently being discussed internally within LFM also and we'll provide an update when we have a conclusion, for now I'm gonna unlock the topic once again so that everyone can continue to provide their opinions, suggestions, questions, however we don't want to see arguments, we want to see constructive feedback in regards to this suggestion and any attempts to cause arguments will result in warnings or content moderation.

• Upvote 4

I'm not sure why this suggestion is being considered for legal factions only.

As for the abuse, I think its incredibly naive to suggest that this isn't happening already. The administration has given up on enforcing teleporting a long time ago, especially ever since /fixveh became an unrestricted vehicle teleport tool. If you're going to implement this, then implement it for all factions. If you don't want players to abuse teleport mechanisms, then don't make them available at all.

12 hours ago, Viscaria said:

merely one I can mention would be having a timer of sorts ticking, enabling players to only use this once per X amount of time. And its also worth mentioning that we would provide some guidelines of when this can be used, we wouldn't want people leaving abandoned cruisers all over the map.

This already happens and I could start recording at least 10 to 20 instances daily where this occurs. PD shouldn't enforce internal strict punishments for leaving cruisers abandoned all over the map. People just crash mid road and leave their cruisers there until restart. No one else even bothers to touch them or tow them away.

I will like to know more about LFM stance over this. Or LEO stance.

30 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

This already happens and I could start recording at least 10 to 20 instances daily where this occurs. PD shouldn't enforce internal strict punishments for leaving cruisers abandoned all over the map. People just crash mid road and leave their cruisers there until restart. No one else even bothers to touch them or tow them away.

I will like to know more about LFM stance over this. Or LEO stance.

What I meant in relation to this is instances where a game crash occurs and then leave an abandoned cruiser to spawn back at the station and get another one.

I believe a set of rules should be in place to state when is it acceptable to spawn at the faction spawnpoint and when it is not. Furthermore, any kind of abuse is heavily monitored and LEO members have, in my opinion, a lot more to lose to abuse punishments than non-LEO members so I doubt anyone will risk abusing the feature unless they wanna risk 3+ months waiting time before they can try reinstate back to the LEO faction they got removed from.

18 hours ago, mj2002 said:

As for the abuse, I think its incredibly naive to suggest that this isn't happening already. The administration has given up on enforcing teleporting a long time ago, especially ever since /fixveh became an unrestricted vehicle teleport tool. If you're going to implement this, then implement it for all factions. If you don't want players to abuse teleport mechanisms, then don't make them available at all.

I do not mind having illegal factions have access to this either, as long as it's feasible and it makes sense. An example being a clubhouse for an MC. But obviously that would be up to IFM, and this suggestion was mainly targeted towards legal factions, and LFM discussed it for legal factions.

As for abuse, this is what I said earlier on in the thread:

On 8/1/2022 at 5:01 PM, bonk said:

You can't moan about the potential for abuse when this server lets you teleport your personal vehicle to you like it's the horse call system from RDR2, you can revive yourself at your own convenience, and you can teleport to the entrance of an interior.

Me and you both know this server is more monitored than the People's Republic of China, people may abuse it, but those abusers won't get far. You can search the wrong name on the MDC as a LEO and have LFM knocking on your theoretical door like they're collecting rent.

Abuse is a poor rebuttal.

LFM is very on their shit when it comes to LEO/legal factions abusing their permissions, as they should. We have practically unlimited power and those who abuse it are ruining the enjoyment of the game. I have no shred of doubt LFM will be on top of their game when it comes to teleporting across the map to get to places quickly.

We already have an internal rule in the LSSD in regards to this, you can only patrol out of your station you are assigned to that station. So you're never going to have Davis deputies 10-8'ing in Paleto Bay or vice versa with Paleto Bay deputies 10-8'ing in Davis, so this compliments that highly.

Edited by bonk
  • Applaud 1
On 8/4/2022 at 7:52 AM, mj2002 said:

Lacking insight but it's almost certainly related to staff structure-

The same people who decide considering such for legal factions (LFM) have no authority to also do so for illegal ones (anyone from ifm reading up?)

6 hours ago, bonk said:

I do not mind having illegal factions have access to this either,

There's no reason not to really. It's a simple convenience factor.

Regarding other such factors, I'll not buy a house or apartment just to spawn near my ic work place (and if I do and don't use it for home rp the idea to get it is silly again as someone who might wanna use it could have it).

6 hours ago, bonk said:

I have no shred of doubt LFM will be on top of their game when it comes to teleporting across the map to get to places quickly.

It's also safe to assume that in the (rare) situations where such a mechanism might really "shift balance" in a scene, players (and staff watching us) will be extra careful anyway.

This is also a rare circumstance, your typical pursuit for instance moves too fast as that someone spawning at a specific point could seriously impact this through suddenly appearing there- they'd have to mount up first anyway and link up with the active units.

The one situation over the past weeks where such a mechanism could seriously have been used "in favour" of a faction was during the protest last Saturday, when the SD actually was in their base in Davis and rioters infront and all around that actively prevented traffic from and to the station.

In such, and only in such situations it would really be possible to abuse such a mechanic malevolently and efficiently (by spawning in additional defenders when a faction base is effectively under attack).

Which again, given the nature of our game, does not tend to happen constantly.

I just think it's interesting that the community consensus on this topic is the complete opposite of another (unnamed) text-RP server on Rage that had the same discussion recently. Strange how priorities differ.

That being said, I could care less. It's such a non-issue imo.