Please make rules on random mask wearing.

chingona

Just because you've seen it in a music video or some random hood film doesn't mean it's a common occurrence. It's hot outside... people aren't rocking nitrile gloves and ski-masks like it's a regular thing, unless they actually plan on robbing a person or committing a crime that requires concealing their faces. 

They usually rock it at night, and that's like one out of every 20-30 people in a hood. it's not COMMON. On this server, it's dramatically overdone.

Think the server's the hottest it's been in a while, too.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, LilManiac said:

Wearing a face mask or nitrile gloves isnt uncommon. If people are wearing it inside a business you can always ask them to take it off as people normally do. People covering their faces with masks isn't something that should be regulated with an ooc rule.

Maybe common in NY, UK, or Toronto, but not in Los Angeles during the Summer.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Orpheus49 said:

ive lived in "los santos" all my life and ive never seen one ski mask in public.

Bro, NO YOU DONT. Im not gonna sit here and argue with people who don’t know about America let alone Los Angeles over what people wear. If you’ve never seen someone wearing a shiesty in public you either don’t live in the US or you don’t live in an urban environment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Maybe common in NY, UK, or Toronto, but not in Los Angeles during the Summer.

Agreed but it's not like every other person in Davis is doing this. I have an alt that lives in the Davis area and I havent seen a lot of people who wear balaclavas and gloves. Just because some people do it OOC rules shouldn't be implemented. If you see someone wearing those, take it IC.. go ask them. If they are in a business ask them to take it off. If you spot them only doing this because they can troll  make a report. Asking to add a rule because some people are wearing masks is like asking cat ears to be removed because some.people are using for their unrealistic and trollish characters.

2 minutes ago, LilManiac said:

Agreed but it's not like every other person in Davis is doing this. I have an alt that lives in the Davis area and I havent seen a lot of people who wear balaclavas and gloves. 

I've policed south central pretty actively for the last few days and I disagree with you. I just look around and see people driving with masks wearing nitrile gloves, riding bicycles with balaclavas and nitriles, it's really obvious.

• Upvote 2

In the grand scheme of things, does it matter?

As with most things, the people who do this unrealistically will just find something else to do unrealistically if this is regulated OOC and the people that use them properly are the ones that it effects more. 

People wear dumb shit sometimes. Ive seen people in shorts and vests during snow, ive seen people in hoodies and jeans and wrapped up in layers during heat. Is it common? no. Is it possible and due to personal preference? Yes. 

If you see someone dressed stupidly just take it IC and laugh at them or tell them to remove their mask in your businesses. Dont think it needs ooc regulation. See really bad portrayal? Report it like with other things. 

1 minute ago, chingona said:

It looks really stupid and unrealistic, and it's difficult to RP around when you specifically RP in Davis.

Fair enough. I'm just not sure if this needs ooc regulation and more so just reporting individuals. 

• hipsxn locked this topic