OOC Lounge - Spawn

Ley

On top of all the places your character can usually spawn as it pertains to their homes, businesses, and the airport, I think an OOC Lounge option would be nice too. This would be a closed worldspace that contains the necessities for editing your character: a clothing store, a hair stylist, a tattoo shop, and a plastic surgeon. I think it'd be a clean way to edit your character without the potential of being bothered by people trying to roleplay with you in one of these places on the actual map. I think it'd also be neat to show as offline and disable all phones tied to that character while in the OOC Lounge worldspace.

If people like this idea and it's actually implemented, I think in the future the stock car companies where vehicles are bought could be placed here too. That's more of a luxury.

Once all of these locations are accounted for in the OOC Lounge, this would allow for a decluttering of the map and less of a need for as many no-crime zones as there currently are.

Edited by Luna1996
  • Upvote 2

Even if the community really wants this, then it introduces so many problems for existing systems that it wouldn't be worth implementing. Just go out and roleplay when you visit one of these customization stores, it's not that big of a deal.

• Upvote 1

What are all these supposed problems...? It's not that big of a deal, sure, but it gets annoying after a while when I just want to pick out some outfits and people blow up a character's phone or try to have a full on dialogue session while you're trying to focus on that.

• Upvote 1

Switch your phone off, drive to some clothing store/barber shop/surgeon/etc barely really visits, which is outside of the city.
You won't see a single soul for hours.

The only time I'd see this being actually useful is when you make a completely new character.
It's not a bad suggestion at all, I see where you're going with this, but I suspect players would just use this to AFK or not use it at all. 🤔

Literally never had anyone try interact with me in a clothing store. The only reason other people go there is to also change their attire. If someone tries RPing with you just ignore them until you are done and say you were in a fitting room.