The amount of reports looking for a void.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

How so? How does admitting your wrongs and apologizing for them degrade the quality of the overall community? Sounds like you want this server to be more of a gulag than a fun and enjoyable environment for people. 

It is great that people want to admit their wrongdoings and apologize, but this approach attempts to shift the determination of whether something is severe enough to deserve punishment away from the administrator as much as possible. Transparency towards the community is also reduced this way. This is why.

Depends what happens IMO. If it's a truly mistaken DM incident where the two parties can honestly talk it out amongst themselves, the player reported will probably still get spoken too depending on their admin record.

I know a lot of people accidentally DM and some do it purposefully or carelessly. Weeding those types of players out from the others is what constitutes as a void without punishment versus a void with punishment for me.

If it was a genuine mistake, the reported party will be talked to no matter what.

Again though, if this player is constantly DMing, they'll probably fetch a punishment. If it's just a one off, there will be words and maybe more depending on the situation itself. 

(From my staff POV.)

Edited by Wuhtah
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

It is great that people want to admit their wrongdoings and apologize, but this approach attempts to shift the determination of whether something is severe enough to deserve punishment away from the administrator as much as possible. Transparency towards the community is also reduced this way. This is why.

No. This doesn't shift the determination. It simply allows players to talk issues out instead of typing out essays and going back and forth for months. You've conveniently ignored all of the points raised on this thread, rather focusing on the fact that it won't be the admins making decisions. And so what? Administrators aren't the ultimate authority. Their role is purely administrative. If both sides involved in a situation agree that it is more beneficial to void such situation, be it to either side fucking up or both sides fucking up, and they're willing to own up to that - they should be allowed to do so . Stripping that possibility saves literally no purpose.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

If both sides involved in a situation agree that it is more beneficial to void duch situation, be it to either side fucking up or both sides fucking up, and they're willing to own up to that - they should be allowed to do so . Stripping that possibility saves literally no purpose.

This already happens. However, a refund requires administrator approval. So players are now trying to sneak through rule breaks just to get the precious guns back. Combating this serves a purpose.

Do some people maybe take advantage of voids, probably. But, I think at the end of the day that it's important for players to talk to each other and work together, instead of fighting. 

I've been accidentally DM'd before, I've had discussions with the players, should they have tried rping identifying me -- most likely yes. 

But, at the same time, I'm a grown man and not going to hold a rule break over someone's head. We can all make mistakes, if I'm able to work it out with you, then I see no reason to report someone. 

• Upvote 2

The shooting someone by accident is something that baffles me.  So if you get the right person it's a good shot, if you get the wrong person "void" especially if their friends kill the original shooter.

It's just power gaming and enabling the use of guns where they probably shouldn't have been used appropriately 

• Upvote 1

People will hold anything you give them over your head to get you punished if they can. We’ve reached LSRP report generator levels of pettiness. I’m very glad that we have an environment where admins have discretion and tend to see through abuse most of the time. That said we would probably benefit from a more streamlined process for people to request voids of the sort. And a better standard to determine exactly what we should consider a voidable situation. This is something that’s kept in the grey so people have basically created their own process and standard with the report section, and that’s what we see today.