The amount of reports looking for a void.

Has anyone else noticed the amount of reports being posted where both parties acknowledge rule breaks, but don't want any punishments and just want their items back? Any thoughts on these? 

I think if you admit to a rule break, you accept a punishment, I don't really understand why people think rule breaks are okay, as long as everyone agrees to void. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I've been wondering about that too, reporting for a void is one thing, but some people legit just post their evidence of poor escalation & DM or just screenshots of a Discord conversation and add "yeh but we agreed to void" and expect the admin to do so as well.

One can only hope any admin see's past this and still goes to investigate the situation. Which they'll probably do. 🙏

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Perstephone said:

Has anyone else noticed the amount of reports being posted where both parties acknowledge rule breaks, but don't want any punishments and just want their items back? Any thoughts on these? 

I think if you admit to a rule break, you accept a punishment, I don't really understand why people think rule breaks are okay, as long as everyone agrees to void. 

These players have two priorities, guns/items and not snitching to administrators. Refund requests for rulebreaks requires an administrator to agree to a void, thus a concluded report. This is the quickest way to get to guns/items, and for administrators it can be easy to reduce the amount of outstanding reports. Everyone wins, except the quality of roleplay and the community at large.

When you come across these reports you'll find that they usually do not contain any evidence in order to reduce transparency towards the rest of the community as much as possible. You will find as few details as possible of the situation, and almost always the parties involved have already agreed beforehand what the outcome should be. Namely, no punishments and a void so that refunds are possible.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 3

I don't directly see anything wrong with this in itself.

Simple fact, we have 600-700 people on at prime time- and misunderstandings without any ill intention simple WILL happen with this amount of players.

Sometimes, these misunderstandings can lead to undesirable scenarios, regardless if guns were lost or anyone arrested or just the plotline is messed up for BOTH parties-

and all this without a bad guy/girl who'd be at fault for it by having broken rules on purpose.

Rules then oblige us players to request admin permissions to void/revert scenarios.

If anything, such reports are usually more preferable for staff as they can be handled without to have to decide that either party is in the wrong (opposed to reports on alleged rulebreaks).

33 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

It's a legitimate thing and it should be respected. If both sides agree that they fucked up why bother punishing them? If no harm was done there's no point in punishing them. 

What if only one side fucked up? They don't need to be punished because the other side just wants their weapons back as quickly as possible? These situations aren't all 'without any ill intent' or 'no harm done'. 

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

What if only one side fucked up? They don't need to be punished because the other side just wants their weapons back as quickly as possible? These situations aren't all 'without any ill intent' or 'no harm done'. 

Say I shoot somebody and it's a case of mistaken identity. The victims PMs me in game and we speak about it. I apologize to them and admit that I fucked up. We agree that the victim will put up a report for a void; why bother punishing me for a genuine mistake? This is only one of the multiple situations where this can be applied, but I genuinely believe we should be more understanding when it comes to genuine mistakes (that are technically rulebreaks) but at the end of the day can be solved by a simple refund request. 

• Upvote 3