Solving the looting issue

Nervous

7 minutes ago, AtlasOLimbo said:

No one wants to play shootouts like they're fighting for their lives or fellow lives. People sprint towards fleeing enemies for the kill, even while taking fire. This is the kind of mentality that needs to be fixed.

This might even fix the issue of people CKing out of consequences. Is it wildly stupid that we have to get people to value their lives and take less rule/realism-breaking risks by making them want to not lose their guns? Absolutely. Will it help? Yeah, I'd give it a fair shake.

People are going to be considerably less keen on CKing their own character Andy Jones if they can't get their strap back on their next character Randy Jones. It also applies well to PK's.

Edited by DasFroggy

This is a good suggestion, it also makes sense to keep the broken guns in case they need to be fixed by admins if needed.

I understand the issue though that was stated before that the broken guns would only be helpful to LEO's. Which in turn would make people loot again, since they want to get rid of the evidence. It would be less looting but it would probably still be an issue.

Maybe remove the guns completely and let people be able to post something like a refund request if they would realistically get a gun.

(+ harsher punishments, get rid of 30 minute ajails just give them a day off tbh, people can live without playing for a day)

Bad change if you wanna prevent looting just disable transferring of weapons in wounded. Have a special script for LEO to grab items from injured bodies that no one has access to. If they already accepted death just keep going at it in a case by case situation to judge whether or not the rules were broken. Idk

• Upvote 1

I think there are a lot of good feedback here - for and against this change. I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread, if you DO have a suggestion/feedback that has NOT already been said, go ahead and forum PM me it and I'll forward it onto the staff team (IFM, management, Nervous). 

I will try to get an update to on this thread (before something is pushed) to what the staff team says as a final decision. Thank you to those who participated and gave good feedback!

(Reason to why I am locking is because the same things are beginning to be said over and over again which just leads to more pages and more reading of the same information.)

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic

Just an update to you guys - nothing is set in stone yet. We are still looking to limit the looting going on though somehow whether it's by implementing a timer or making it so guns cannot be picked up. 

We have heard all of your suggestions/feedbacks/complaints and no matter what, there will always be an unhappy side. We're trying to make it fair for all players.

• Upvote 1