Solving the looting issue

Nervous

Just now, frost. said:

So they just vanish and have no purpose after that? Astonishing.

Exactly, read my message since I already address this. It's a small not realistic change to improve the entire realism of hundreds of weekly situations.

• Upvote 1

An alternative suggestion.

Maybe controversial but why is looting considered bad, is it because of saltiness that a gun was lost or because your friend couldn't pick it up?

Saying it's bad roleplay without a reason is not an acceptable excuse but that's the only one I've heard so far, if someone wishes to stick around to try and loot someone's pockets after murdering them, and it's roleplayed then it should be the character's discretion and risk to do so and to be kept IC right?

I think it's just one of those community hiveminded stigmas, I'm pretty sure there's larger issues at hand rather then someone risking loitering around a crime scene and risk getting caught. I personally have no issue with my items that are being dropped taken by whoever is fast enough to scavenge it, they're no longer mine anyway upon death. Of course, with adequate roleplay.

Edited by Rubbish
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Nervous said:

I don't plan on making it fixable, it will never fix the issue. If you can fix them it'll still be looted.

If it can't be repaired, what's the point? You're putting dozens amount of guns, that are already limited, into ash.

I can kill someone in the woods, the moment I pick it up, it's broken.

If they can't be fixed, bring more guns to the table. Bring more weapon suppliers into the fold, sure it won't fix looting as a whole, but you'd see less of it.

1 minute ago, Rubbish said:

An alternative suggestion.

Maybe controversial but why is looting considered bad, is it because of saltiness that a gun was lost or because your friend couldn't pick it up?

Saying it's bad roleplay without a reason is not an acceptable excuse but that's the only one I've heard so far, if someone wishes to stick around to try and loot someone's pockets after murdering them, and it's roleplayed then it should be the character's discretion and risk to do so and to be kept IC right?

I think it's just one of those community hiveminded stigmas, I'm pretty sure there's larger issues at hand rather then someone risking loitering around a crime scene and risk getting caught. I personally have no issue with my items that are being dropped taken by whoever is fast enough to scavenge it, they're no longer mine anyway upon death. Of course, with adequate roleplay.

It's because people have been looting mid shoot out and when LEO is on scene. 

Wait a minute, I smell a loop hole. Interiors aren't dim 0.. it might just be phrasing but it sounds like if some1 dies inside their stuff will still be looted? I'm guessing my stoned ass is just overthinking the "IF" bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic