feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

1 hour ago, bncal said:

What do you expect from a mallrat playerbase. Businesses for your average Joe character can't stick for long, because the playerbase is not interested in playing such character and as someone mentioned already looking at empty business is "soul eating" or some shit like that. Literally boring. Exceptions are on the server but they are a few of factions and players,  some have businesses and dont even open them for the reasons above. Give players all bonuses you want but if the playerbase only want clubs and bars then there is nothing you can do about it. It's like culture and I dont think is fixable

I think a fix could possibly be limiting all these generic ass night clubs and bars and put a hard cap on them. Limit the number of them to the extreme so that your typical club-going characters can visit other businesses because there aren't that many clubs open. I remember times when there were almost ONLY night clubs and bars open during the peak. This completely fucked the mentality of most players where they got used to only going to these places. 

• Upvote 4
10 minutes ago, sCrax said:

I think a fix could possibly be limiting all these generic ass night clubs and bars and put a hard cap on them. Limit the number of them to the extreme so that your typical club-going characters can visit other businesses because there aren't that many clubs open. I remember times when there were almost ONLY night clubs and bars open during the peak. This completely fucked the mentality of most players where they got used to only going to these places. 

not surprised there's only nightclubs around when unique concepts get denied. and by "unique" i mean everything else than ur typical strip/nightclub with cancerous music molesting ur ears and an interior that melts ur gpu. i swear all these nightclubs look like fucking habbo clubs lol

maxresdefault.jpg

and the people going there look like habbo characters as well

d20rvaz-3a8bfa5a-e2bd-49db-82bb-b72202a4

LMAO

• Upvote 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2
8 minutes ago, damnbrah said:

not surprised there's only nightclubs around when unique concepts get denied. and by "unique" i mean everything else than ur typical strip/nightclub with cancerous music molesting ur ears and an interior that melts ur gpu. i swear all these nightclubs look like fucking habbo clubs lol

maxresdefault.jpg

and the people going there look like habbo characters as well

d20rvaz-3a8bfa5a-e2bd-49db-82bb-b72202a4

LMAO

Yeah I mean the whole process is just a pain in the ass. Wutah is very helpful but the whole "write an essay about your backstory" thing is just dumb. I can literally make anything up and there is no way for anyone to verify it. So what's stopping me from lying on the app and then roleplaying something completely different? Like what is the whole point of that. Not to mention the obstacles that you have to face with businesses in general. Like for example I had to pay 200k for my business which is located in South Central... Then add up 50k for the business script and over 200k for furniture. Then they told me I'm not even allowed to sell my business to other players and I can only get my money back that I've invested into it. But nobody is going to mention the days I put into mapping or the fact that I have to spend $25 every month just to get a fucking blip on the map or else I will get 0 customers in. Businesses should definitely be more accessible even to less wealthy characters, especially in areas like South Central. No wonder we only see a bar, pawnshop and Davis 24/7 open there since nobody wants to go through the countless hoops. Not to mention you have to wait a month for your request to get processed. I'm not blaming PM for the long waiting times but the whole wrongly-designed system needs to be reworked.

• Upvote 4

At the same pace I agree that we have too many of the same concept, I would like to also add that this is a matter of the players within the community. We have a wide majority of people trying to portray what they can't IRL (which is mostly a rich person). I believe RPQM should be focused on narrowing the amount of rich roleplayed characters and what they do, some have no clue on the way they behave IC, what to dress or where to go in terms of it.

On the other hand the current property process (despite being slow due to the insane amount of apps) works fine. You need to put effort on it, you need to write a big essay about it because you need to prove to the staff that you at least took your time to google it. I have had low-life/greasy spoon bars accepted in the past in the hood and it went quite well, you just gotta prove your concept.

I think I have seen it in the past here that admins completely closed any nightclub/bar apps that was more of the same concept and I think this should be done again, stop accepting new bar/nightclub concept and hear out some people that want to make greasy-spoon like restaurants or pubs in the neighborhood.

There is no way to completely fix it, GTAW is too big and is active 24/7, your best bet would be reporting a weird property and a player with poor character portrayal (be it low life or high life).

Edited by joaoivis
5 hours ago, Welsh said:

With the two businesses I have owned in GTAW (Split Sides West Comedy Club and now Bar 9Ts) - I have always attempted to create an experience over money making. And I would like to think I have done that. 

I will also make an effort to visit open businesses, even if they don't have any interest to my character to give that business owner/employee some RP or do additional RP around my Trucking jobs. 

I have opened my places at 90-150 players, and managed to get 15-20 people through the door too.

Love the businesses... caters to all kinds of people.

3 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

A freaking flower shop???? How did I miss this

Last time I was in a flower shop, the only other customer was a guy asking if they sell weed 😄  If this is turning into a kind of general business topic...does anyone else hate when a place opens to great fanfare on /ads...and then shuts like 30 minutes later and boots everybody out?  What is the point.  It's like "yeah ok we got our money from you coming into the interior, now please shoo".

• Upvote 2
On 7/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, Fancy Toothpaste said:

I never understood the mapping trope of throwing random vines and foliage on every surface. My theory is that some mappers add stupid amounts of greenery thinking it somehow classes their business up, but it just ends up doing the opposite; it starts to look like a shitty interior trying to cosplay as a more lavish setting.

People need to start mapping more practical interiors that actually attempt to match the exterior's aestetic. There shouldn't be people getting whiplash from stepping inside your property. That's just bad mapping.

Overly lavish interiors are an issue already covered under the property rules and regulations. It would be nice if PM made it a little clearer on how we're supposed to go about reporting these interiors to them.

Couldn't agree more. if you actually do visit bouji places IRL they don't have this crap. It's the run-down old places that have vines thrown around everywhere and even IRL it makes them look like shit.

It's like that because these people are majority foreigner who have zero concept of how to RP around illegal chars. while being a "legal" civilian so when they try to they just end up throwing together something for the suburban lol. I feel bad for the avg. illegal char, because this server has and always (not intentionally at least, maybe by accident) catered to LEO. Then the civilians kinda gauge to the civilians. 

6 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

A freaking flower shop???? How did I miss this

I ran a flower shop, owner went afk and I ran it for about six months. Asked if he would sell it to me and he said sure, some admin decided to take it away since the owner wasn't active. Instead of actually letting me continue unique roleplay opportunities, that was the decision. Some nights, I'd have a rush of like six people come in. Other days, it would maybe get one person an hour. I never cared, it was fun and unique. 

Beyond wild but it is what it is. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic