feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Any business concept draws in customers, because there's so few places advertised as open relative to the amount of players online.

40 minutes ago, Solsroyce said:

This really does not align with my experiences at all.

Agree. I've seen candle/flower/grocery shops open at 3-400 players getting 2-3 customers. Hardly *ever* upwards of ten. Niche shops often reach similar numbers depending on the night.

• Upvote 5
6 hours ago, Capoh said:

mallrat or gangbanger, gone have to pick one ngl

nah gang, wrong mentality. people work 9-5 jobs n all that n still do dirt irl, they gotta show some income on paper

++ it's a good way to network with likeminded people from various factions based in other parts of the city that you might not come across otherwise, like at these construction/port jobs.

shit dont hurt to rp some passive shit for 1hr like a construction job or smth then get into the faction related shenanigans after lol 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, C-ROACH said:

nah gang, wrong mentality. people work 9-5 jobs n all that n still do dirt irl, they gotta show some income on paper

++ it's a good way to network with likeminded people from various factions based in other parts of the city that you might not come across otherwise, like at these construction/port jobs.

shit dont hurt to rp some passive shit for 1hr like a construction job or smth then get into the faction related shenanigans after lol 

Yeah but certain factions don’t enforce that. No one cares about leaving a paper trail because they don’t get instigated financially

7 hours ago, Kari said:

Agree. I've seen candle/flower/grocery shops open at 3-400 players getting 2-3 customers. Hardly *ever* upwards of ten. Niche shops often reach similar numbers depending on the night.

Whenever I see a Niche business, I make it my business to at least go in - say Hi and give them the 1K.

I don't care if it interests me, someone put effort into creating something THEY wanna roleplay and it's not gonna kill me to spend ten-fifteen minutes in there saying hi to them. Often times? Their RP, the effort they put in? It sways me to buy something once in awhile.

edit: and even if I dont wanna rp? take my 1k, fuck it! i'll come in and leave and go back to doin my own thing.

Edited by moulton
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

With the two businesses I have owned in GTAW (Split Sides West Comedy Club and now Bar 9Ts) - I have always attempted to create an experience over money making. And I would like to think I have done that. 

I will also make an effort to visit open businesses, even if they don't have any interest to my character to give that business owner/employee some RP or do additional RP around my Trucking jobs. 

11 hours ago, Kari said:

I have opened my places at 90-150 players, and managed to get 15-20 people through the door too.

The majority of businesses are high-end clubs, bars and other exquisite looking joints because that's what the major demographic of the server is, mallrats driving purple neon muscle cars with low rider rims, etc... who just go to those places /pay X 300 and then /anim beerhold or /anim cripwalk, you get the picture.

There is the minority of interesting, down to earth and unique businesses out there, they usually not as active unless if they are faction controlled, a good example used to be Zampa's deli, ever since no LCN faction actively operates in that area, it has went unleased for months now, same goes with Casey's diner. Player owned/leased ones do get some attention, but clearly not as much compared to meta businesses like nightclubs, and other generic mallrat businesses.

Everybody can write a well fabricated story to get a property, and they'll do fuck all with it, because there is no monitoring after a business is obtained. Add "Total monthly open hours" and "Total monthly earnings" to /bmanager perhaps to monitor businesses easily.

Property requests need to be far more streamlined, no necessary needs to write full back stories such as "My character used to slice gabagool in his uncle tone's deli ever since he was a kid, blah blah blah" - assist in script and mapping funding maybe as installments (have them included as options when submitting), I got a business once, had to grind for the script and mapping money because the business itself drained all my money - Increase business furniture slots to at least 150 so even if you don't have donator or can't find a mapper, you could still put something together - put more restrictions on current meta business types, ie nightclubs, such as disallowing entry fees more than 300 bucks and selling drinks for more than 200, some of those ppl charge 800 for a fucking whiskey lmao - Reward people who run leased businesses successfully for a long period of time with the opportunity to purchase the property over time.

• Upvote 4
On 7/25/2022 at 5:59 AM, mj2002 said:

Yes, you are. These bars your character probably wants to go to do exist. However, they will most certainly be understaffed. Ask any business owner, or simply look at all the archived business concepts. The majority of businesses closing down would not have closed down at that specific time if there was more staff available to keep the place going once it had set up.

You can create an alt and apply at any of the businesses below that cater to average Joe characters. Granted, some will have folded and closed already, but if people had created alts and helped them out, we would have more active businesses that your average Joe criminal or non-criminal character can walk into and enjoy roleplaying at.

Tsukuyomi is active & always looking for new people. We've a way of getting in touch in our IC material. 🙂

My business offers in stickers & other general cosmetics that was a leap to try but we've managed to make it somewhat successful. It's absolutely a niche. Businesses like this will only attract 10 people per evening opening maximum, but it's positive for my character and their intentions so I don't mind at all. It makes little to no money in the end once everything is paid out, whereas the garages, restaurants and otherwise gambling halls rake in massively, it's just the way things are set. The lesser incentive of only receiving a smaller amount, especially given my case where each product I spend 4-5 hours in digital design & otherwise photoshoot / manufacturing RP before each go up for sale, is usually enough to put most peoples interest in their business off. Good things leave as fast as they come because the money just is not there.

I know at least for myself I operate the business just to give everyone that collects the products & the staff that work it something to do over the nighttime, but opening & operating a 'niche' business is not lucrative or popular in any sense, it's usually only for the people that are handling their openings for the RP, not the money.

Edited by Sycamour
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Capoh said:

mallrat or gangbanger, gone have to pick one ngl

There's very little room to be an in-between

You will get kicked out of an establishment very rapidly if they think you might be in a gang, just outta 

And you will get attacked for no reason if you are presumed mallrat

But that's the whole I'll vs leg debate. Who cares! Rp who you want just don't be a punk

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Wuhtah locked this topic