feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

2 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

the reference was towards the 'how does someone go from owning a bar to owning a gym' comment, not necessarily the business change itself, that i agree with

Ah, miscommunication happened on my side here then! My bad 🙂 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Gallagher said:

i just struggle to believe that business owners have it THAT bad with criminals on this server.

Sorry but for once you're wrong- that is you thinking so as you easily get around ic if you care to.

2 hours ago, Streetsy said:

A lot of players simply don't want to deal with it and I wish more of them were mentally equipped to handle it

This here is the reality for most people (and the exceptions like me will regularly get cried over for "not rping fear").

2 hours ago, Gallagher said:

there are relatively few criminals

Wrong again.

A larger part of the "civil" population in LS is at any given minute ready to commit crime out of opportunity (and if only by legitimizing own vigilantism with others' deeds).

So they're like actually criminals (not in name though as many characters who get arrested will be deleted or namechanged opposed to further developed)

I get it's a common myth in the criminal rper scene to tell yourselves you're a supressed minority but this is factually wrong.

The sheer amount of criminal factions and criminal rp content in comparison to other content is evidence here.

Feel free to doubt facts but there are not "relatively few" criminals in LS.

Specifically if we talk of relative and not absolute numbers the amount of criminals is ridiculously high:

10% murderers.

LMAO.

But keep telling yourself you're just a few.

I totally get it does not fit the lore to be the majority if one tries to portrait outsiders.

I recommend you do not do demographic research ingame as it might shatter your world-view.

2 hours ago, Wuhtah said:

More leeway in concept changes in general? Issue with this is that people want to go from... some sneaker store to a stripclub and don't give from X to Y development of why tf they go from selling sneakers to wanting to own a stripclub.

I'd like to mention one thing here:

Picking up above, there might be plenty of OOC reasons why a business is not interesting, reaching from a lack of response from the target audience to the local population actively not wanting that business (owner) there.

Not all of these reasons can be "logically" explained ic, however ("I need to shut down my bar as the Gang controlling this corner pk'd me")- while possibly being very legitimate on an ooc base (everyone will agree that if John pissed the local gang off to get killed, he should not run a bar there after all).

Now I've never tried a business change myself, but observed a few people trying- and it always, exclusively, led to frustration, for the player and involved pm.

The big issue I observed:

PM refusing someone such a request ignores that this player does not want to roleplay their current business anymore.

This is why refused business changes typically do not lead to the players then instead keeping up their original business scheme (if that was in their scope of interest they'd not ask for a change).

They'll just not open anymore (regardless if they properly terminate their ownerships or just ignore them).

A sensible solution here would be to allow people switches, i.e. preserving existing places (and mapping in case) but allowing players not happy with their location to pick a new one (with different concept if applicable).

Edited by knppel
  • Thanks 2

Java Update, The Big Puffa, Voodoo, Goldie's and Luckys are a few that are good for the average character. If you're looking for a place to just hang out any time there is a group of us that do so at Legion Square.

Edited by oliviarav3n
added Java update (the bestest place)
8 minutes ago, Tony White said:

Legal roleplayers don't wanna rp with criminals and all illegal rpers do is cry and report. There's no winning lmao

I think everyone would win if there was a bit of a silent, unspoken middleground during a business opening. An appreciated truce where everyone for the most part acts normal. Most business owners just don't want to be bothered because someone always comes in and ruins it. It's not usually the good side of the criminal scene either, its a troll. Improper escalation causing a shooting or something. It does become a headache when it's every opening or every other opening. I enjoy interacting with criminals and civilians equally, but as a business owner I can imagine it becomes taxing. You end up kicking people out, they come back and try to beat the hell out of you or kill you. It's never the majority of the criminal scene either and that's the sad part. We could all do better without the trolls who usually ruin it for everyone.

Edited by Streetsy
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Streetsy said:

I think everyone would win if there was a bit of a silent, unspoken middleground during a business opening. An appreciated truce where everyone for the most part acts normal. Most legal RP'ers just don't want to be bothered because someone always comes in and ruins it. It's not usually the good RP'ers either, its a troll. Improper escalation causing a shooting or something. It does become a headache when it's every opening or every other opening. I enjoy interacting with criminals and civilians equally, but as a business owner I can imagine it becomes taxing. You end up kicking people out, they come back and try to beat the hell out of you or kill you. It's never the majority of the criminal scene either and that's the sad part. We could all do better without the trolls who usually ruin it for everyone.

I don't exactly blame them, I stay away from illegal rpers tooo because it's not worth it. You get reported 84 times when u rp with them and it all turns into a ooc discord fuck fest. both sides are in the wrong but i think the lack of diversity ig with businesses is because of the old pm. they never gave out businesses to people unless they knew them OOC, and that's why we see the same businesses being ran over and over again 

1 minute ago, Storm said:

I kind of get this tbh. As someone who primarily focuses in law enforcement rp (something that barely gets you by in LA!) i'd like some more businesses aimed at mid/low income people rather than over done.

off topic:

@Valkyria the return some day???

Why? So valkyria can try too close a illegal faction because they never paid parking tickets? LOL. 

Edited by Tony White
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic