feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

hello,

ive returned to GTAW after some time and i've noticed that nigh on every single business is aimed towards high-end, wealthy characters. where exactly am i meant to go to interact with average joe's or characters with some criminal affiliation? 

do you think that IFM is doing enough to support illegal factions in their creation of legal businesses as fronts/hangouts? 

it feels as though there is nowhere to go to roleplay with 'normal' individuals. 

what is your experience? i feel as though average joe's and criminals are massively outnumbered on this server and the current climate may put off illegal roleplayers from playing on the server. i think there has to be more of a drive to implement businsses for 'normal' people. dive bars, diners, punk bars, sandwich shops, whatever. 

there should also be more done to stop ridiculous interiors. please see below. this interior looks like its from an elven fantasy RPG. i assume im not alone when i say it feels ridculous for my character to be here. have you EVER been somewhere like this in real life? have u ever seen a coffee shop make so much money that they can afford this kinda furnishing? 

i know the argument about suspending reality on a roleplayer server is an ongoing one but this is excessively unrealistic. to the point that, if ur character isnt rping being a millionare (or an elf), they shouldnt be here.

901f5998ea43e17370ec49330f902b8f.jpg

Edited by Gallagher
  • Upvote 64
  • Applaud 11

the second most pressing issue after the disgustingly high ratio of british to american characters.....

ot: this has been a very prevalent issue over the past X months, but seemingly all attempts at running a business as an illegal character end up being denied, unless you paint the picture of your character being a el chapo type drug overlord. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Gallagher said:

hello,

ive returned to GTAW after some time and i've noticed that nigh on every single business is aimed towards high-end, wealthy characters. where exactly am i meant to go to interact with average joe's or characters with some criminal affiliation? 

do you think that IFM is doing enough to support illegal factions in their creation of legal businesses as fronts/hangouts? 

it feels as though there is nowhere to go to roleplay with 'normal' individuals. 

what is your experience? i feel as though average joe's and criminals are massively outnumbered on this server and the current climate may put off illegal roleplayers from playing on the server. i think there has to be more of a drive to implement businsses for 'normal' people. dive bars, diners, punk bars, sandwich shops, whatever. 

there should also be more done to stop ridiculous interiors. please see below. this interior looks like its from an elven fantasy RPG. i assume im not alone when i say it feels ridculous for my character to be here. have you EVER been somewhere like this in real life? have u ever seen a coffee shop make so much money that they can afford this kinda furnishing? 

i know the argument about suspending reality on a roleplayer server is an ongoing one but this is excessively unrealistic. to the point that, if ur character isnt rping being a millionare (or an elf), they shouldnt be here.

901f5998ea43e17370ec49330f902b8f.jpg

I actually went to this bar/inn thing on my off duty cop character and was met by a character called Thalrus Oakwhisper who literally said 'we spare little tolerance for city guards here, outlander' (I was plain clothed off duty). When I asked him what he was talking about, he stabbed my character with a 'void dagger', brutally wounding me, before taking off running. 

• Upvote 37
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 5

Been saying this for years... everything is either too Bouji or simply inspired by European architecture. 

Businesses rarely appeal to the average working-class person because everyone wants to be extra-fancy and unique when it just looks ridiculous, in my opinion.

EDIT: I apologize if it sounds like bashing, but I cannot really state this in any other way, right now.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 8
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

EDIT: I apologize if it sounds like bashing, but I cannot really state this in any other way, right now

The whole server and the city feels like a parody of what people think America is 

• Upvote 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic