We must stop being shitheads to each other

alina2137

On 7/23/2022 at 5:03 AM, Tony White said:

Mate the server is finished. Everyone is a cry baby after losing. Ifm enables crazy people ooc and they write 15 reports out on someone in one day so no one can be bothered to even rp. U gotta do like 80 things to open up a faction. And I’m prolly gna get ma post deleted lmao

Nah. You just gotta be the right people to open up a faction. What's totally acceptable for some people is considered wildly unrealistic depending on who the player is. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

I've been attacked for simply stopping to text on my bike. They wanted it for a joyride, which makes no sense. Why commit a gta in the public eye for fun? It really was less rp of defending a turf and more of griefing. It wasn't to ask if I bang, or if I got a boyfriend, no. They just wanted to steal the bike and commit a felony for fun

It wasn't even a good bike, the double t is cheaper than some starter cars and I was in jogging wear.

I'd say 9/10 times you get approached for simply existing. At least in my experience. Too often I've seen people so this because they can, not because it makes sense

My last sentence in my post states that there are some bad apples unfortunately and only thing you can do is reporting them for poor portrayal and crossing your fingers for the outcome.

Other than that, it really works how I described it as.

13 minutes ago, Van said:

My last sentence in my post states that there are some bad apples unfortunately and only thing you can do is reporting them for poor portrayal and crossing your fingers for the outcome.

Other than that, it really works how I described it as.

I'm my personal irl experience, I've walked past gang members all my life and been outright ignored. The only time I've seen someone else get pressed was when he was obviously a gangmember and turns out when pressed, he in fact was a gangmember. That man was later killed in a drive by on our street. Everyone else can go about their business typically. Heck I think I've seen more horses than ski masks or gang violence in my neighborhood since there's a ranch near the compton air strip I think

To me more often than not it's just an excuse to attack someone because they can. At least on my experience on the server. I don't understand the need to walk up to every single person they see in the neighborhood. There's other people living in the Southside, and not all of em are gonna be in a gang. Some of em are just coming home. Unless it makes sense? The clothes they are wearing, The car color, snooping around, etc, then there needs to be room to just allow someone to go about their day. Way too often the "protecting our set" excuse seemed to be used just because they wanted to press, beat, and rob a stranger they just met for lolz over rp

Again this is my experience, I'm sure others might have a wildly different take

Edited by Orpheus49
1 minute ago, Orpheus49 said:

I'm my personal irl experience, I've walked past gang members all my life and been outright ignored. The only time I've seen someone else get pressed was when he was obviously a gangmember and turns out when pressed, he in fact was a gangmember. That man was later killed in a drive by on our street. Everyone else can go about their business typically. 

To me more often than not it's just an excuse to attack someone because they can. At least on my experience on the server. I don't understand the need to walk up to every single person they see in the neighborhood. There's other people living in the Southside, and not all of em are gonna be in a gang. Some of em are just coming home. Unless it makes sense? The clothes they are wearing, The car color, snooping around, etc, then there needs to be room to just allow someone to go about their day. Way too often the "protecting our set" excuse seemed to be used just because they wanted to press, beat, and rob a stranger they just met

Again this is my experience, I'm sure others might have a wildly different take

Roleplay server, interacting. I agree it comes off as aggressive, however they can't be all wholesome either. They are gangbanging, they live terrible horrible lives and have to portray that somehow. Without further derailing from the topic though, I think stopping being toxic to each other is the key here too. When I see somebody doesn't like the RP they are experiencing, I figure it's better if it wasn't done altogether and relent usually. Generally, if everybody was like that then we could have the utopia.

4 minutes ago, Van said:

Roleplay server, interacting. I agree it comes off as aggressive, however they can't be all wholesome either. They are gangbanging, they live terrible horrible lives and have to portray that somehow. Without further derailing from the topic though, I think stopping being toxic to each other is the key here too. When I see somebody doesn't like the RP they are experiencing, I figure it's better if it wasn't done altogether and relent usually. Generally, if everybody was like that then we could have the utopia.

Of course there needs to be that. I'm not denying that. Crime is a reality and terrible people are a reality

I just think way too often it's used for ooc delight or to grief rather than actually portray a down on their luck criminal. I've literally been insulted  ooc many times for these kinda things. Like once some dude followed me from Vespucci to strawberry just because they wanted to steal my bike and drive In circles around me. That's not rp, that's griefing. 

There needs to be room for more respect on both sides. A civ in their sports car shouldn't just insult the first minor or sagging person they see, and a gangbanger shouldn't just press every stranger they see. There needs to be reason 

For someone reason people believe that it is normal to walk up to random person and initiate roleplay session. How many times people playing here did that in real life? Reason why they do it? Cause people think roleplay means interaction with other players. No. That's just part of it.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

For someone reason people believe that it is normal to walk up to random person and initiate roleplay session. How many times people playing here did that in real life? Reason why they do it? Cause people think roleplay means interaction with other players. No. That's just part of it.

Shit is so annoying honestly. Especially when you're trying to just change your clothes and you get hit on, or judged by what you're trying to change. I had to tell some player  I would realistically be in a dressing room because they saw my character in a bikini. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Muerta said:

Shit is so annoying honestly. Especially when you're trying to just change your clothes and you get hit on, or judged by what you're trying to change. I had to tell some player  I would realistically be in a dressing room because they saw my character in a bikini. 

Even more annoying is, cars slowing down or even taking a u-turn just to see your nametag.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Even more annoying is, cars slowing down or even taking a u-turn just to see your nametag.

Yeah both scenarios you mentioned dosen't sit well in real life. You could have beef just by staring at somebody and they would find you being a weirdo for that. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Muerta said:

When boredom strikes the trolls come out and you were being trolled most likely , a lot of players from what I’ve experienced to some degree see rp as an opportunity to troll others , especially on discord 15 people in vc laughing at the trolling scenario while the troll is sharing stream with others in that room. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic