We must stop being shitheads to each other

alina2137

On 7/21/2022 at 9:26 PM, Decker said:

Quite easy to jump on google maps and select a random business in the area you want to claim you're from to make yourself seem believable. Sorry man but I just don't believe the things you're saying.

I still don't think this is true, but if it is then I feel sorry for you, I don't know how anyone could feel safe in such a neighborhood.

https://imgur.com/a/yj52WKT

That work for you? even got the no horses near park signs like i mentioned

On 7/22/2022 at 1:55 AM, damnbrah said:

if they npc a history there then just give em a short emote about you being a local to the area, tap in w someone from the fac via pms about it n let em know. i can't think of a faction that wouldn't appreciate generic local characters around the area. go hand in hand instead of getting pissed and showing attitude icly. not only will it save u a lot of hardship but u could also build relationships with certain characters. it really isn't that hard. soon as you get to know someone icly you can always bring up that name in case someone still tries to g-check you

On the flip side? not everyone down there is a gang just because they are local to the area. As ive said many times, i can walk down the street irl down greenleaf  just fine and not get pressed or hit on. Because gangs typically keep to themselves more often than not. Unless you are CLEARLY a gangmember, they dont care about you

13 minutes ago, Orpheus49 said:

On the flip side? not everyone down there is a gang just because they are local to the area. As ive said many times, i can walk down the street irl down greenleaf  just fine and not get pressed or hit on. Because gangs typically keep to themselves more often than not. Unless you are CLEARLY a gangmember, they dont care about you

its a rp server. if u see another player u could interact with, u will. gtaw is the only community where people cry about someone playing the game with them.
its like playing COD, then crying on some forums about people constantly shooting at u, it just doesn't make any sense.
if u dont want to rp then i'd suggest playing singleplayer. if u ain't known to the local faction then this is what u have to deal with whether you like it or not. all u have to do is be cool with someone from the faction and know their ic nickname, then you're good. it really isn't that hard and imo it isn't even worth discussing. people don't have to be dickheads icly all the time cause they get annoyed oocly. just be cool about it, it's just how this server works. u wanna live in a gang infested area? deal with it. it even makes sense icly. with the amount of shootouts and murders taking place? any unfamiliar face could raise suspicion, especially if you're moving too loud

Edited by damnbrah
10 hours ago, damnbrah said:

its a rp server. if u see another player u could interact with, u will. gtaw is the only community where people cry about someone playing the game with them.
its like playing COD, then crying on some forums about people constantly shooting at u, it just doesn't make any sense.
if u dont want to rp then i'd suggest playing singleplayer. if u ain't known to the local faction then this is what u have to deal with whether you like it or not. all u have to do is be cool with someone from the faction and know their ic nickname, then you're good. it really isn't that hard and imo it isn't even worth discussing. people don't have to be dickheads icly all the time cause they get annoyed oocly. just be cool about it, it's just how this server works. u wanna live in a gang infested area? deal with it. 

Because playing the role of a person in a gang means every single person you see you gotta press and rob and attack without thinking about how it will draw heat and land you in jail? you said it yourself, its a roleplay server, not every single person rps a gangmember, not everyone rps a mallrat, not everyone rps a cop yada yada, so of course not everyone is estatic to suddenly be just approached and be beaten for their bike because the gang "wanted the bike for fun".

Im not even joking, i parked my bike to text and suddenly a group wants to take it for a joyride for no reason. When i said no? suddenly a group attack. They didint do it because it made sense, i coulda been texting a friend to come inside their house, but they decided the one person they saw was reason enough to want to take their shit for no reason. Did it make sense to their character? does it make sense to commit a gta for fun? a blatant felony for fun? no but they did it because they could.

That is a prime of example of griefing, not rp

Rp doesnt revolve around some factions beefing for the entire server, heck 2 gangs could beef and it wont affect the other ones. 

Theres room for letting someone just go about their day. I've said the multiple times, i feel safer walking down the streets of rancho dominguez and compton, past some local gangs on my way to get milk than davis, the level of attacking and pressing just because someone CAN do that rather than it making sense, is absurd. the bike was a piece of shit too, so clearly im not a rich chick, so it wasn't even about looking out of place.

the server doesnt revolve around a set of gangmembers, and neither should it. theres an entire city out there. In the same vein, crime exists so we shouldn't all just be coffee shop hipsters

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

Because playing the role of a person in a gang means every single person you see you gotta press and rob and attack without thinking about how it will draw heat and land you in jail? you said it yourself, its a roleplay server, not every single person rps a gangmember, not everyone rps a mallrat, not everyone rps a cop yada yada, so of course not everyone is estatic to suddenly be just approached and be beaten for their bike because the gang "wanted the bike for fun".

Im not even joking, i parked my bike to text and suddenly a group wants to take it for a joyride for no reason. When i said no? suddenly a group attack. They didint do it because it made sense, i coulda been texting a friend to come inside their house, but they decided the one person they saw was reason enough to want to take their shit for no reason. Did it make sense to their character? does it make sense to commit a gta for fun? a blatant felony for fun? no but they did it because they could.

That is a prime of example of griefing, not rp

Rp doesnt revolve around some factions beefing for the entire server, heck 2 gangs could beef and it wont affect the other ones. 

Theres room for letting someone just go about their day. I've said the multiple times, i feel safer walking down the streets of rancho dominguez and compton, past some local gangs on my way to get milk than davis, the level of attacking and pressing just because someone CAN do that rather than it making sense, is absurd. the bike was a piece of shit too, so clearly im not a rich chick, so it wasn't even about looking out of place.

the server doesnt revolve around a set of gangmembers, and neither should it. theres an entire city out there. In the same vein, crime exists so we shouldn't all just be coffee shop hipsters

Coming from someone that primarily does gang RP, it's an unfortunate part of RP'ing in South Central and to a lesser extent El Burro and certain parts of Morningwood and Hawick, that the quality of community RP is highly dependent upon the faction(s) that inhabit it at the time. It sucks and all, but engage with a few more facs/groups if you haven't already, I doubt you're going to find that much difficulty finding a group that's reasonable in that regards.

Another issue is, is that more often than not, gangs by their very nature are de-centralized. Locals are often encouraged to act autonomously from put-on gang members. If you're aware of the fac/group somebody's a part of and they're RP'ing in a manner that doesn't encourage further interactions, whether it be IC'ly positive or negative, then reach out. Faction leadership is often comprised of a few people, it's hard to moderate the behaviors of an entire group of players when you can only be online so much without it negatively impacting other aspects of your life.

You gotta understand gangbangers being suspicious of people from outside of their local circle. They would rather be ready for bullets flying because it is what it is. They are going to come check you, they don't necessarily have to press you, but if they know you are a stranger they will try to swat you away from their zone. There are two solutions to follow for this one.

One, stay out of their zone.

Two, have a solid reason to go into there.

If you're going to be in a zone where gangs are active, don't stick out like a sore thumb. Don't go with your supercar, don't use an expensive bike, don't wear revealing clothes/rich clothes and have a good reason to go in there. This reason could be knowing someone and paying a visit, could be to buy a property or sell a vehicle et cetera.

Some people though, genuinely have no idea how to rp that shit. Thus we have the fame of "Davis".

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Van said:

You gotta understand gangbangers being suspicious of people from outside of their local circle. They would rather be ready for bullets flying because it is what it is. They are going to come check you, they don't necessarily have to press you, but if they know you are a stranger they will try to swat you away from their zone. There are two solutions to follow for this one.

One, stay out of their zone.

Two, have a solid reason to go into there.

If you're going to be in a zone where gangs are active, don't stick out like a sore thumb. Don't go with your supercar, don't use an expensive bike, don't wear revealing clothes/rich clothes and have a good reason to go in there. This reason could be knowing someone and paying a visit, could be to buy a property or sell a vehicle et cetera.

Some people though, genuinely have no idea how to rp that shit. Thus we have the fame of "Davis".

I've been attacked for simply stopping to text on my bike. They wanted it for a joyride, which makes no sense. Why commit a gta in the public eye for fun? It really was less rp of defending a turf and more of griefing. It wasn't to ask if I bang, or if I got a boyfriend, no. They just wanted to steal the bike and commit a felony for fun

It wasn't even a good bike, the double t is cheaper than some starter cars and I was in jogging wear.

I'd say 9/10 times you get approached for simply existing. At least in my experience. Too often I've seen people so this because they can, not because it makes sense

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Wuhtah locked this topic