We must stop being shitheads to each other

alina2137

31 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I'm just going to say... I bet that husband has a history of unreported spousal abuse and that business man isn't all that "legal".

Civilians are rarely 100% legal. Neither are all criminals 100% illegal. People need to stop with this "Illegal v. legal" B.S. because all sides have criminal elements, even Law enforcement.

I'd go far enough to say that Law enforcement in N.Y. and Cali are just as bad as most criminals.

Each character needs to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis rather than just lumping them into "Criminals", "Legal", and "Civilian". We're all civilians with criminal elements.

I absolutely agree. I didn't mean to convey otherwise. That in fact supports the point that people shouldn't all be bagged into one group. People should be given the benefit of the doubt to make mistakes and act irrationally no matter their legality, provided it makes sense and it's been RP'd, not just made up on the spot for the convenience of the story. At this point in time, it doesn't seem to be enforced that way for the most part. It's more of criminals can act a certain way because they're criminals and non-criminals should act a certain way because they're well.... not criminals. I hate that box. I wish the server's sentiments were different.

Edited by Streetsy
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Solsroyce said:

Imo everyone's talking about gangs, when to press, how to roleplay or act in the hood, having history or no in an area. It's such a triviality. I always feel like the people engaging in these discussions aren't actually the problem, so who do you want to listen?

The issue described in the OP, threads about "poor escalation" and general complaints about roleplay quality lies with people not understanding the gamemode and staff doing very little to moderate it effectively (sorry). Staff overflows in paperwork already but more bureaucracy isn't helping the case. GTAW presents itself as a "roleplay" server but doesn't describe the gamemode anywhere. The questions in the player applications don't help.

Is this literally the best the server has to offer?

RP is presented as a gamemode where the end goal is to write emotes. The server only really introduces technicalities and instruments for RP but there's nothing coherent. If you asked a DnD player what roleplay is about they probably wouldn't tell you it's about rolling a dice.

Really, where does GTAW stand amidst the dozens of roleplaying communities in different games? Please write up some manifesto. Let players know what you expect of them in RP. Is it storytelling? Is it like second life? Are we a simulator?

Like I said, when conflict sparks people act like total morons and don't know how to behave. No wonder roleplay is unenjoyable. Some illegal factions are literally just tribal warfare for lack of a better word. People act like morons when they press you for walking around the hood because THEY HAVE NO CONCEPTION OF WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING. How can they respect it? They act like bullies. These people are playing an entirely different game. You enjoying the "rp" never crossed their mind. It's what they do. They roleplay a self-insert in a gang area, sit in Discord chats, act tough and can barely seperate IC from OOC. Their character is literally just an avatar for them. You can't blame them and OP's message isn't going to land. They don't give a fuck because they're playing a different gamemode from you. They could care fuck all about story, character development, whatever.

Imo it was never any different in past communities. It was an issue then and it is an issue now. And people liked to shit on gang RP in LS-RP too because it was most prevalent but shit roleplay was really found anywhere. It's just that back then it didn't really matter because you could just ignore it and roleplay in your own scene. Now? You still have these idiots but also staff curating your roleplay over stupid trivialities. But guess what. They're still here!!!

If staff (management, really) isn't ready to encourage roleplay on a more abstract level and make choices nothing is going to change, ever.

thats crazy

• Upvote 12
6 hours ago, Decker said:

Better to you maybe, I guarantee no gang roleplayer would be on board with portraying a gang how you think they should be portrayed. No gang is in the 'good graces' of their neighbourhood or community nor does any gang or gang member wish to. Gangs terrorize and victimize their communities in real life, it's no different in game.

The 90s Grove street families would like a word with you cus that's literally what they did

Even prevented drugs from touching their hood period

Better to you maybe, I guarantee no gang roleplayer would be on board with portraying a gang how you think they should be portrayed. No gang is in the 'good graces' of their neighbourhood or community nor does any gang or gang member wish to. Gangs terrorize and victimize their communities in real life, it's no different in game.

The 90s Grove street families would like a word with you cus that's literally what they did

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

I'm just going to say... I bet that husband has a history of unreported spousal abuse and that business man isn't all that "legal".

Civilians are rarely 100% legal. Neither are all criminals 100% illegal. People need to stop with this "Illegal v. legal" B.S. because all sides have criminal elements, even Law enforcement.

I'd go far enough to say that Law enforcement in N.Y. and Cali are just as bad as most criminals.

Each character needs to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis rather than just lumping them into "Criminals", "Legal", and "Civilian". We're all civilians with criminal elements.

People are just stupid or naive is the problem.

• Wuhtah locked this topic