We must stop being shitheads to each other

alina2137

There's so much room to grow genuine stories out here. Gta w is mechanically brilliant and it's a shame people would rather stick to shooting each other first and foremost

Often times people play their characters with the desire to create killings rather than to create connects (making a gang and hanging with them counts). The primary goal should first and foremost be story and experience, not who can kill the most of the rival gang who was walking by. Hell I literally saw owners of a stripclub attack a man who was offering a business deal to their establishment because they didint want to hear him, and sure enough they ended up shooting him to death when he tried to defend himself.

I specifically tried to do a more unique retaliation rp when someone kidnapped my friend trying to say to be their hooker or die (really really unrealistic btw) rather than jump to a 5 man jump on them, or murder I instead chose to pop the tires of their car. No one was harmed, rhey didint lose any items, it was story. Based retaliation. they could simply spend 3 minutes /me some spare tires and go about their day, instead i was metagamed that they knew it was me despite no one seeing me and being masked. They came to kill me over freaking tires. Not even vandalizing the rest of the car

We should push for more walk away and go about your business rp, go to a restaurant, go to the beach, hell go tagging a turf! Anything but how things are right now. Use unique ways of conflict like how I popped the tires instead of hurting someone 

Violence answers everything on this server, from being rejected by a girl to simply being present near their home. Things need to change. I'm tires of seeing cops outside every restaurant, club, and bar because people are always wanting rp fights and go there looking to start one, rather than naturally have one happen 

Edited by Orpheus49
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

In real life i live around the area portrayed between jamestown and davis,. I've seen my neighbor get shot on his porch in a drivebye and a stranger get gunned down near our sidewalk

Yet i still have an easier time walking down greenleaf boulevard in compton, past the gangs to the store to get milk or something, and i had been doing it for years. They really dont care about you unless you are in a gang too, otherwise they ignore you

Often times people portray they as just approaching anyone and everyone they see to ask them where they from, or look for reasons to fight when thats not realistic at all.

I literally feel safer in real life davis than video game davis

You've never been questioned, ONCE, for them to determine whether you lived there or not?

Generally happens in most hoods. Everyone gets questioned, at least once, just to determine whether they're a local or not. 

Sort of weeds out potential informants, undercover officers, snitches, or opps. Just curious, on your end.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You've been questioned, ONCE, for them to determine whether you lived there or not?

Generally happens in most hoods. Everyone gets questioned, at least once, just to determine whether they're a local or not. 

Sort of weeds out informants, undercover officers, snitches, or opps. Just curious, on your end.

Yeahhh speaking from experience it for sure as hell normal to get g checked when living in the hood Ain't even gonna lie though from experience I see people usually get g checked in like secluded areas or areas where barely anyone can see like an alleyway, or a small street, or a park, rather than a High street full of commercial shops and shit. Can't lie those kinda situations usually end up in the person getting jumped, robbed, or just humiliated on camera rather than killed straight up unless it's on sight war

Edited by AfroGxaiden
57 minutes ago, DLimit said:

You've never been questioned, ONCE, for them to determine whether you lived there or not?

Sort of weeds out potential informants, undercover officers, snitches, or opps. Just curious, on your end.

No I have never been questioned a single time possibly because I do in fact live in the area. And it's not like it's not a gang area because there has been many shootings over the years, with 2 happening on the neighbors yard and on ours

Is it that hard to believe gangmembers might ignore someone just going about their day rather than a rival gang?

I've seen 2 people die from drive by's never been pressed. I think that speaks to how uncommon it is. I've witness more shootings than hood checks

Edited by Orpheus49

Kinda blown out of proportion anyway. Yes there’s people that absolutely clown at the first opportunity, but there’s also plenty  of “harmless roleplay” out there. Just pick your crowd. If you’re into the peaceful stuff there’s dozens of groups and mini-communities that’ll facilitate that here. If you’re into violence there’s even more choice, the game is really what you make of it. Don’t expect everyone you meet to look at the world the same way you do. 

22 minutes ago, Orpheus49 said:

No I have never been questioned a single time possibly because I do in fact live in the area. And it's not like it's not a gang area because there has been many shootings over the years, with 2 happening on the neighbors yard and on ours

Is it that hard to believe gangmembers might ignore someone just going about their day rather than a rival gang?

I've seen 2 people die from drive by's never been pressed. I think that speaks to how uncommon it is. I've witness more shootings than hood checks

If they KNEW you lived there, then they probably wouldn't question it. That's probably the reason.

Just very common for unfamiliar faces to be questioned in the hood. So, it isn't wrong for an unfamiliar local to be questioned, once, as they walk through a gang-infested hood. They do this to weed out informants, snitches, opposition members, law enforcement etc...

Lots of undercover officers in my former neighborhood, and these "new faces" need to be pressed, all the time, to expose them when needed.

Edited by DLimit
On 7/18/2022 at 9:37 PM, Gallagher said:

it feels like u wrote this in the heat of the moment cos im struggling to understand what the exact point is.

if u want is a server where everyone is a civilian and nothing bad ever happens to your character, you should consider a different game.

there's plenty of things you can do to avoid criminal activity. this server is very pro-civilian in comparison to past iterations of roleplay servers.

He's basically just saying that people don't understand that roleplay is a storytelling gamemode where violence or harm should be fun for all parties involved because it could be engaging and thrilling. Conflict is what promotes development in storytelling theory. But on here many people use violence not with the intent to tell a story but as a substitute for a competitive shooter. When some people pull a gun, their brains turn into cum.

OP words it wrong because he's making mention of crime, when it doesn't really have anything to do with it. I think people largely miss the point as can be seen from many of the replies in here. People make it too nuanced and it turns into a strawman argument. OP doesn't say violence should be restricted or that crime shouldn't be allowed. He's just saying people should make an effort to keep roleplay fun, in general.

FYI it's not people who are victimized by crime who can't take an L that makes certain "roleplay" unenjoyable. It's the context of the roleplay that often makes it lame and only fun for one party. But it largely stems from people's inability to tell a story. Which in turn, in my opinion, mostly stems from people failing to understand that RP is a storytelling gamemode to begin with because they get mixed signals (culture in this community and past communities really promotes aspects of gang culture and many characters are self-inserts). I also don't really see staff encourage people to roleplay. RP enforcement is too focused on details and "realistic portrayal" and not actually on telling an engaging story. But this is not new to this community.

Edited by Solsroyce
  • Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, Solsroyce said:

FYI it's not people who are victimized by crime who can't take an L that makes certain "roleplay" unenjoyable. It's the context of the roleplay that often makes it lame and only fun for one party. But it largely stems from people's inability to tell a story. Which in turn, in my opinion, mostly stems from people failing to understand that RP is a storytelling gamemode to begin with because they get mixed signals (culture in this community and past communities really promotes aspects of gang culture and many characters are self-inserts). I also don't really see staff encourage people to roleplay. RP enforcement is too focused on details and "realistic portrayal" and not actually on telling an engaging story. But this is not new to this community.

I think the analogy around car crash roleplay perfectly encapsulates what you posted lmao 

• alina2137 changed the title to We must stop being shitheads to each other
  • Wuhtah locked this topic