NC Abuse

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

I second this, the players who are willing to namechange and not roleplay things out are usually the ones that wouldn't offer you any type of meaningful roleplay in or outside of court anyway if they had chosen not to namechange. Good roleplayers wouldn't do this so you're basically saving yourself from having your time wasted even more. So why care? Let them namechange and continue their serial killer spree. You move on and spend your time on people who are here to ACTUALLY roleplay.

- snip - nevermind. 

Edited by Brofessor

Maybe a fix for this would be to block namechanges if the character is in jail, unless it's a life sentence.

That way they have to deal with the short-term consequences, whether they do jail rp or go inactive on the character for the sentence, they have to wait it out instead of NC and go spam the same crimes again.

5 hours ago, Cocaine Capital said:

We're in a world full of no consequences. Criminals NC to avoid consequences on their characters. Albeit they no longer have that character afterward, it's still stupid and hurts alot of detective and police roleplay in major situations. But honestly, it's not just on criminals with NC abuse. LEO's do it to. Oh, you messed up and got charged with a crime? Go ahead and NC, start back in the same department and continue your work. 

In a perfect world, the above would be nice. If you try to NC with an active warrant, you're not allowed to NC. But this isn't a perfect world and the second dude gets a notification "You have an active warrant, you are not allowed to NC". Then boom, they're gonna get rid of all their stuff, and play innocent. 

A good argument for NC restrictions, if any needs to be made (which personally I dont think so, sometimes you just have to take some bad), is if you NC and go back to the same faction doing the same thing, there are more harsh punishments involved as you clearly just NC'd to avoid consequences for your character. 

People are here to have fun and if jail roleplay isn't for them then why should they be forced to do it? Why should you be forced to continue a character for ANY reason?

16 minutes ago, Narcan said:

People are here to have fun and if jail roleplay isn't for them then why should they be forced to do it? Why should you be forced to continue a character for ANY reason?

I hate this argument. What if being subjected to extortion RP isn’t fun for me? Subjected to Robbery RP? Hell any RP for that matter that I don’t consider fun? Why should I be forced to do it? Can I just choose to bypass it? We’re here to have fun right? 

Edited by Brofessor
Just now, Brofessor said:

I hate this argument. What if extortion RP isn’t for me? Robbery RP? Hell any RP for that matter that I don’t consider fun? Why should I be forced to do it? Can I just choose to bypass it? We’re here to have fun right? 

Robbery roleplay is in the moment, so you'd have to finish the scene as per server rules. If you're being extorted and felt like namechanging out of it was an option then fuck it, let them do it. You're not obliged into long term contracts to other peoples roleplay.

Also, a lack of proper consequences for a character encourages reckless and mindless crime. Which I would say deters from everyone's experience overall. I wouldn't be as concerned if these are battery charges and vandalism, who cares. But when I spend my time writing up 500 word arrest reports, getting other factions involved such as DMEC, just for the person to NC before I can even post my report. Davis has been non-stop shootouts more than ever and I believe this is a contributing factor. 

• Upvote 1

Why waste so much energy on an issue that is so obviously only used by people who aren't there to rp anyway haha. You think punishing players or making NCs less appealing will help? People who have this play to win mentality need to be weeded out from rp anyway. But yeah never gonna happen because its too radical and in somebody's head they serve to make the server look more populated or something.

Too long to read but if possible, put a flag or something on the character that has a CK app approved, arrest warrant or search warrant on him can't namechange until the scenario has ended or X days has passed or if he is serving time in jail, at least people with ongoing roleplay scenarios can finish it up.

Obviously, the reason of the namechange cooldown wouldnt be informed to the player to avoid any attempt of MG. To the rest of the cases, I think a harsh admin punishment should be given.

Edited by joaoivis
1 hour ago, Narcan said:

Robbery roleplay is in the moment, so you'd have to finish the scene as per server rules. If you're being extorted and felt like namechanging out of it was an option then fuck it, let them do it. You're not obliged into long term contracts to other peoples roleplay.

I like this. Any time someone comes to extort, I'll tell them no. When they decide to escalate long term (or get banned for poor escalation by choosing to resort to violence on the first visit), I'll ignore them until they reach the bare minimum, then NC. Business relations are back to zero with the extortion side, and I can keep my business open under a different name, while the extorting party has to start over from scratch.

Neat.