Add vehicle and property taxes

Detailed Description

It's about time we added vehicle and property taxes, the nominal value of the taxes should be based on the value of the vehicle or property. I'm not sure how to exactly go about this, should taxes be paid hourly and tagged on to your paycheck? Or every 5, 10, 15... or so paychecks in order to not penalize those who are more active than others?

Relevant Commands/Items

-

How will it benefit the server?

This should help Property Management / RPQM  tremendously as properties and vehicles as people will have to think about purchasing a vehicle or property before doing so as they may or may not be able to afford the taxes whether it be in the short or long term.

Edited 5 minutes ago by GothAngelSinner

42 minutes ago, GothAngelSinner said:

This affects me as well, well maybe not as much as others as I'm not a stat whore and I'm here to actually roleplay.

Then roleplay? I've got literally millions of dollars in the bank, and I still willingly roleplay as barely being able to afford a living. 

The problem with the server right now is that the economy is abit messy. Police officers have millions because they're active and they get alot of paychecks. Where as business owners who are in theory MUCH richer than those police officers struggle as their business scripts only allow a certain amount of revenue. 

Business Owners would be penalized more as they have more properties; Their house, business and so on.
Therefor, they lose more money. Whilst earning less money -  WHILST Roleplay wise being richer.

Police officers would be penalized less as they have less properties; Their house..  
Therefor they lose less money, whilst earning more money - WHILST they roleplay wise are poorer. 

You need to dis-associate the OOC economy from the actual RP aspect of the server. Money isn't something people can RP in a sense; Mechanics can't RP being millionaires, Just like cops cant; despite having the OOC money, Whilst a player with 100k can RP a millionaire given he's in the right profession. 

Taxing and so on would /only/ make solving the issues with the economy harder. It's not what the server needs right now, and it's not exactly something that would enhance the RP experience on the server. Not everyone wants to sit around RPly stressing about taxes; when they have to do that already IRL. Lmao

• Upvote 2

This is an issue bigger than taxes. As others in the thread have pointed out things don't quite work the way they should economically. Business roleplayers have way more expenses and rely a lot more on roleplay generated by interest from player to their business than those in law enforcement, the fire department, etc. anecdotally one of my characters has been in PD/SD since very early on into the creation of them and I've currently got over 2 million sitting on that character despite rping a fairly moddest living. The lack of need to buy expensive cars, homes, businesses etc. causes those paychecks to build up to large amounts. Taking money on a character slot completely IC isn't the way to go about it because you'll never manage to balance it right.

Also for the record the pay for pd/sd at a minimum rank is roughly 20k per 7 days (assuming you play 20/20 hours). You can make much more by bartending, mechanic work etc. but being in pd/sd binds you to having realistic assets to portray a member of law enforcement in the california area.

Edited by Storm
  • Kyra locked this topic