Increase gas prices to simulate the current situation in the USA, and globally as well.

Detailed Description

Gas prices right now in the USA is about $6 - $7+ a gallon in a lot of the States in the USA. I think we should increase gas prices in-game to simulate what's going on currently not only in the USA but globally.

Relevant Commands/Items

-

How will it benefit the server?

Simulates a realistic economy.

Edited by GothAngelSinner

We don't have a realistic economy and it was never meant to be one, if you read through the economy feature showcase. We're also not meant to reflect IRL in everything we do. Heavy role play doesn't always mean 1:1 realism and I pray we never are.

Edited by Brofessor
9 minutes ago, Storm said:

I think a better idea is to make fuel consumption higher. Right now you hardly ever need to refuel to begin with then we can go from there if prices need to be adjusted.

Because you are using cars with low fuel consumption, 

I'm using Dinka Akuma and Sultan RS, I need to fuel these two times a day because they consume just too much

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, キッスランド said:

Because you are using cars with low fuel consumption, 

I'm using Dinka Akuma and Sultan RS, I need to fuel these two times a day because they consume just too much

Seems like they're badly balanced overall if thats your experience, though I've never had that issue with some cars that I assume would have high consumption. Edit: checked and the main car I drive (The buffalo AC) uses nearly the same amount of fuel as the sultan rs and i dont have these problems, though admittedly the RS is slightly worse for consumption. Makes a difference.

Edited by Storm
  • Upvote 1

To be fair, the gas prices are already like $25-30 a gallon. Which is already 5 times more expensive compared to real life.

The problem is that everyone has 5-6 figures of wealth in their bank. So this amount doesn't seem that much because it's literally pennies. Literally your hourly unemployment wage pays for gas on this server

gta-world-2022-4-18-2-22-46.thumb.png.0b71634993b5e17661b385fcda763c36.png

Edited by ScarletRose
3 minutes ago, Junx said:

These irl issues u mention would not be present on gtaw since COVID and Ukraine conflict doesn't exist here.

Yeh this is the main take-away from all this.
People gotta remember that the server lore isn't point for point accurate with real life.

Ukraine / Russia isn't happening.
Covid.. Isn't happening.
Brexit, isn't happening etc etc

• Kyra locked this topic