Allow LEO Admins to handle search warrants

Gamble

Long story short

Admins in a LEO (law enforcement) faction are not allowed to get involved with any reports or requests of their own faction (PD/SD) to avoid bias and conflict of interest, which sure is fair. However, an exemption should be made for situations where there is no possibility to be biased - search warrants for example. Search warrants are an IC process where a peace officer requests a warrant from a judge, and a judge approves it. The peace officer then has to make a /breakin request and then usually wait an hour (or hours) for an admin to respond, because a lot of admins happen to be in PD or SD. Considering there is no possibility to be biased in this situation as all an admin has got to do is accept a breakin, admins of the same faction should be allowed to handle this unless they're directly involved in the scene.

I suppose this suggestion directly goes to LFM -> @Banks @Jesu1 @Viscaria

Edited by Gamble
  • Upvote 1

LEO admins can handle the search warrant, they just don't need to be in the same faction.

LEO admins from same faction cannot really jump at the warrants, we have to wait out 30 minutes for another admin to take the report and if they do not, we can go ahead and take the SW if no other admin still wants to take it.

Edited by Rohan.
  • Upvote 3
  • Rohan. locked and unlocked this topic

There's still room for conflict of interest or a bias attitude towards LEO members, were this to be allowed.

Could be a simple case of not scrutinising the scenario enough. i.e might just let them run up in the place with one officer etc for a known gang member that would otherwise require the whole squad. 

41 minutes ago, Gamble said:

Long story short

Admins in a LEO (law enforcement) faction are not allowed to get involved with any reports or requests of their own faction (PD/SD) to avoid bias and conflict of interest, which sure is fair. However, an exemption should be made for situations where there is no possibility to be biased - search warrants for example. Search warrants are an IC process where a peace officer requests a warrant from a judge, and a judge approves it. The peace officer then has to make a /breakin request and then usually wait an hour (or hours) for an admin to respond, because a lot of admins happen to be in PD or SD. Considering there is no possibility to be biased in this situation as all an admin has got to do is accept a breakin, admins of the same faction should be allowed to handle this unless they're directly involved in the scene.

I suppose this suggestion directly goes to LFM -> @Banks @Jesu1 @Viscaria

Everyone waits an hour or hours for break in requests. This isn't something unique to LEO rp. If anything the fact that so many admins are LEO I'd wager yours get answered faster. I've known of people to wait 4 & 6 hrs before giving up. 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Houdini said:

No.

Not a real input here is there? Extend more on why?

Personally I say yes - its not fair holding up 10-15 players for up to 2-3 hours, its demotivating, demoralising and stops LEOs putting in search warrants in the future due to these delays.

2 minutes ago, Peak. said:

Not a real input here is there? Extend more on why?

Personally I say yes - its not fair holding up 10-15 players for up to 2-3 hours, its demotivating, demoralising and stops LEOs putting in search warrants in the future due to these delays.

That wait time is for everyone, sometimes even reports.

Look to fix the wait time for each avenue of RP, not just LEO.
Choosing to prioritize a fix for one party over another one will only cause more complaints and toxicity.

Aim to fix that wait time for everyone, not just one group.
Once that is fixed, people won't say no.

I'd say that's extended on "why" 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2

Break-ins have a pretty long delay at the moment regardless however, personally I do not think someone in LSPD should be doing a LSPD search warrant. Unconscious bias exists, and while someone should be trusted to not have bias if they're in an administrative position, it's somewhat of an unfair advantage that one group of factions get an exemption that no other faction would get.

For example; if an admin in LSPD is trusted enough to do LSPD breakins, an admin in an illegal faction should be trusted enough to do their faction breakins. However, in comparison, the latter sounds like it has more room for bias because of the construct mindset that LSPD is such a large faction there should be leniency. 

There is also the issue of the fact LSPD and LSSD's leadership are not admins, they're not staff members, they are then also put in an awkward position of whether or not they want their own members doing administrative tasks as the "punishment" of any abuse is a gray area between them as faction leaders and staff management.

tl;dr there will be admins some people "trust" more than others, if it cannot be applied to all admins and all factions, it should not be applied to any. 

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3