Reference locations with their IC name - not with their OOC name (e.g: "trucking job")

Reference locations with their IC name - not with their OOC name (e.g: "trucking job")

I have come across this many times when roleplaying as a taxi driver. People want to go to "taxi job", "garbage job" "trucking HQ", "trucking job" etc, and every time I tell them in /b to reference locations with their IC names in the future, like "Jetsam Terminal". They always say that they didn't know this - therefore I suggest to make this a clear bullet point in the server rules.

If the player doesn't know the actual IC name - well then they don't. For example, when wanting to go to "trucking job" in a taxi, simply tell that you need to go towards the terminal. Or if you want to go to "taxi job", say that you need to go to Mirror Park, then give left and right directions from there.

Very simple indeed!

• Upvote 5

Agreed. Slightly changing the map names of the script jobs to whichever place they're at would probably help this take full effect. For example the trucking job map indicator could be changed to say "Jetsam Terminal (Trucking Job)" rather than just "Trucking job". I think this would help people, since they'll see the IC names when selecting where they want to go.

This is what we have currently:

image.png.cf9636838499ad3c9881d72b0553054e.png

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, wawls said:

Agreed. Slightly changing the map names of the script jobs to whichever place they're at would probably help this take full effect. For example the trucking job map indicator could be changed to say "Jetsam Terminal (Trucking Job)" rather than just "Trucking job". I think this would help people, since they'll see the IC names when selecting where they want to go.

This is what we have currently:

image.png.cf9636838499ad3c9881d72b0553054e.png

This, along with the original suggestion, would be great!

• 4 months later...

I mean, does it matter?  Not really. It's still a valid term in character. You go to the Trucking & Taxi Depot to get the jobs. So calling it the "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc makes perfect sense. Why make a rule about something that's not an issue what-so-ever?

Someone calling it "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc doesn't have any affect on their roleplay ability or quality in the slightest. Making a rule over something as petty as this is just gatekeeping at that point. I've been here for 2 years now & I call it "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc. Sue me.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

I mean, does it matter?  Not really. It's still a valid term in character. You go to the Trucking & Taxi Depot to get the jobs. So calling it the "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc makes perfect sense. Why make a rule about something that's not an issue what-so-ever?

Someone calling it "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc doesn't have any affect on their roleplay ability or quality in the slightest. Making a rule over something as petty as this is just gatekeeping at that point. I've been here for 2 years now & I call it "Trucking job" "Taxi job" "Mechanic job" etc etc. Sue me.

You can't say that using terms like trucking job and taxi job don't degrade roleplay quality. Of course it does because it's literally broken English and references IC locations with a name that has a scripted tone. The names of the blips should be updated to be more IC-friendly if it's so hard to use generic terms like port and taxi depot. It's not a petty rule, it's paramount to building a good base for hard roleplay.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I think it is valid to ic tell someone "Oh the trucking HQ? That's near the terminals" "Taxi Head quarters? that's Mirror park." Correct and encourage them through your own rp. 

But by adding it to the rules? If I saw someone report someone for referring to Jetsam Terminal as the trucking job. 

....c'mon. 😐😑

Edited by Natala
  • Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, vbxa said:

You can't say that using terms like trucking job and taxi job don't degrade roleplay quality. Of course it does because it's literally broken English and references IC locations with a name that has a scripted tone. The names of the blips should be updated to be more IC-friendly if it's so hard to use generic terms like port and taxi depot. It's not a petty rule, it's paramount to building a good base for hard roleplay.

Referencing them as "trucking job" etc literally has no effect on roleplay quality what-so-ever. It's a location you go to get hired for trucking jobs. So calling it "trucking job" is perfectly acceptable. It very much would be a petty rule. There's plenty more important things we should focus on instead of people calling a depot "the trucking job place". Like the typical "I tHoUgHt I wAs WaNtEd" excuse for killing every cop they see.

Also, if you want people to use proper terms for everything, the term is  "Heavy Roleplay", not "Hard Roleplay". To be honest.

Edited by PeopleKind