GTAW 2.9 Development blog - Releasing July 16

10 minutes ago, Illusory said:

My house and garage are connected via an interior. Therefore, I've had to install the same alarm for each. Does this mean it will now be 40k/month to secure my single property as the garage is technically a second entity?

There is 0 reason to put the best alarm available on the market in a regular house, even less a garage. The systems aren't made for everyone to buy the best thing available. If you really want to hide gold in your garage then yes you'll have to secure it with an expensive system.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

A small note : Safes can't be broken into if players enter your house through the new robbery system.

What stops people from randomly breaking into homes with a lockpick to check and see if they'd find a safe, just to then come back a day later for a proper breaking with an admin to go for said safe? 

• Upvote 1

Small suggestion for the house robbery script:

Instead of giving you a "furniture box" which you sell to an NPC drop off point, what if instead, it gave you an RNG named furniture item (playstation, xxx plasma screen tv, macbook pro, etc), and each of these items has a variable value as a goods item. You could then sell these items to player run pawn shops as stolen goods.

This would be far better, I think, than items that vanish into the ether and money is spawned in in return.  This would allow the economy to be player driven and allow investigators to follow a trail of stolen goods, and make it so players are responsible for giving value to the system.

• Upvote 14
1 minute ago, HappyGecko said:

What stops people from randomly breaking into homes with a lockpick to check and see if they'd find a safe, just to then come back a day later for a proper breaking with an admin to go for said safe? 

theyd get seen thru logs doing it?

Just now, Sam2 said:

Instead of giving you a "furniture box" which you sell to an NPC drop off point, what if instead, it gave you an RNG named furniture item (playstation, xxx plasma screen tv, macbook pro, etc), and each of these items has a variable value as a goods item. You could then sell these items to player run pawn shops as stolen goods.

This would be far better, I think, than items that vanish into the ether and money is spawned in in return.  This would allow the economy to be player driven and allow investigators to follow a trail of stolen goods, and make it so players are responsible for giving value to the system.

I agree.

11 minutes ago, Nervous said:

There is 0 reason to put the best alarm available on the market in a regular house, even less a garage. The systems aren't made for everyone to buy the best thing available. If you really want to hide gold in your garage then yes you'll have to secure it with an expensive system.

I had just meant that my garage and house are connected by a door which doesn't lock, so if somebody were to break in to my garage they could just walk into the house without unlocking it so I don't have much of a choice. I do see what you mean though about not needing the maximum alarm 

Spoiler

unknown.png

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

Agree with this.

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Giga unpinned this topic