GTAW 2.9 Development blog - Releasing July 16

So I have a question or two regarding the break-in stuff, 

1. Taken from the below snippet; What if the house being broken into is currently occupied (The owner is inside.) Does this mean they'd have to now deal with the break in? 
If this is the case, doesn't that directly impact the other players? (While I am up to all sorts of Roleplay, however crime/muggings is already a big enough issue as it is for some.)

without directly impacting other players

2. In the same line as the above. What happens if I log in and enter my house while it's being burgled, though I suppose the above answer for point 1, would likely apply?

Edited by Aluiries
  • Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Aluiries said:

So I have a question or two regarding the break-in stuff, 

1. Taken from the below snippet; What if the house being broken into is currently occupied (The owner is inside.) Does this mean they'd have to now deal with the break in? 
If this is the case, doesn't that directly impact the other players? (While I am up to all sorts of Roleplay, however crime/muggings is already a big enough issue as it is for some.)

2. In the same line as the above. What happens if I log in and enter my house while it's being burgled, though I suppose the above answer for point 1, would likely apply?

Echo these concerns. Now it’s going to be unsupervised house muggings if you’re inside your own property. If you log in and spawn in your house during a robbery, I’d imagine you are expected to RP at all times as the rules state. What fun. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 3
6 hours ago, Nervous said:

There is 0 reason to put the best alarm available on the market in a regular house, even less a garage. The systems aren't made for everyone to buy the best thing available. If you really want to hide gold in your garage then yes you'll have to secure it with an expensive system.

At the moment the mechanics are such that the linked door in my garage, that leads to my house, is accessible even if my house is locked. If you're in my garage, you can walk into my house, regardless if my house is locked.

i.e. If I put a very expensive alarm in my house on Vinewood Hills (reasonable to put the most expensive alarm) and a Wiwang in my garage, a burgler can go through the Garage, and obtain access to my house with ONLY the Wiwang activating. If I do not put an alarm to my garage at all, then they just waltz in from my garage, to my house, because that's how these Smart TP's work right now. 

IRL, if I have my alarm activated at my house, it doesn't matter if someone enters from a "back door" - it activates the moment someone sets foot into my house. So, I predict a new trend in breakin reports about this kind of PG Move - overcoming my house's expensive alarm by gaining entry through my garage with the lower end system (or no alarm at all)

• Applaud 1

I love the updates, with the exception of the changes to the house alarms. With a small investment of ~€200 I can be alerted right away when someone approaches my house, let alone. I don't believe that the concerns with players owning a house + garage are addressed properly and some clarification on what will happen when the owner is already in the house would be nice too.

The safe should also be made invisible whenever an unsupervised robbery happens, to prevent the crew from scouting for the safe. I know that it can't be robbed already, but they can go in unsupervised, scout and later come back for a supervised robbery.

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Giga unpinned this topic