GTAW 2.9 Development blog - Releasing July 16

I think I’m the only one, or one of the few, who criticizes this new update,

1. Now that people can break-in without any administrator spectating, how can security company’s receive the burglary alarms from their clients?! Normally an adminstrator warns security company’s over their radio that a burglary alarm at one of their clients was set off, now without any admin supervising (offline) clients nor security company’s don’t know about on-going burglary’s.

2. In my opinion the amount of delay before the alarm triggers is way to high. IRL there is a “delay” for like 0.3/0.5 seconds (from alarmsystem towards a dispatch). In GTA W a delay with minutes is way to high, more realistic would be like 1 minute for the cheapest alarmsystem, 45 seconds for the expensiver one, 30 seconds for the next one and about 15 seconds for the most expensive alarmsystem. 

Now criminals can just chicken-run inside, take what they want, run out, smoke a cigarette and then eventually the alarm goes off, not that realistic in my opinion.

@Nervous

Edited by Glenn1993
  • Upvote 1

What’s going to stop people from rotating groups / group leaders to bypass the once every 24 hour timer for house robberies? /rob was implemented with a timer but then people in a group just rotated who used the command to bypass the timer. Hopefully you have thought of this? Otherwise this is going to get crazy. 

On an unrelated note, leased business owners now will have to pay:

1) Monthly lease price

2) Monthly alarm price

3) Monthly security company price should they choose to have security

Isn’t that a bit overkill? Some niche businesses already had a hard enough time making money. Seems like another middle finger to legal RP’ers with the monthly alarm cost. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, mthn06 said:

Loving the updates.

Wouldn't it be better to place the "Select a spawn" button in the middle of these 3 buttons as it will be most used one?

We've already thought of that, the buttons will be in the middle anyway, I took the picture before some time ago.

• Upvote 3

Fun update! Finally something for my money to be sunk into. I was wonder, however, if there is plans to add an alarm that alerts only LEO's but not the owners giving LEO roleplayers some autonomy as to what houses and districts they decide to care about. It would also be the better choice for pacifist characters, who don't have any realistic way of fighting off a group of burglaries on their own. In addition to that, will there be an option to instantly activate the alarm if your house was broken into while you as the owner/spouse of the owner or has keys was in the house?

Hello, so as a LEO player we have sometimes waited over 1 hour for a breakin request on a Search Warrant, that's 10 people waiting 1 hour for an admin.

It's a bit disheartening to see adminless breakins offered to illegal roleplayers but not LEOs, especially since ours need to be approved by a judge first and require more manpower. Can we get an explanation on what's up with that?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
9 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Hello, so as a LEO player we have sometimes waited over 1 hour for a breakin request on a Search Warrant, that's 10 people waiting 1 hour for an admin.

It's a bit disheartening to see adminless breakins offered to illegal roleplayers but not LEOs. Can we get an explanation on what's up with that?

Uhhh… As a illegal roleplayer I wait for a minimum of 3-4 hours before I even have a chance of it getting accepted so you are not the only one my friend. Illegal players also won’t be able to steal any actual items where as a PD raid would probably want to confiscate some weapons/drugs/whatever else is illegal and not just do it for the fun. That would just turn into more server policing.

Edited by Ski_
  • Upvote 2
  • Nervous locked this topic
  • Giga unpinned this topic