GTAW 2.9 Development blog - Releasing July 16

The update is great. The new alarm system is NOT! How overpriced must they be?

Modern alarms are nowhere as expensive (relative to the GTAW economy) and if you don't install one in your house, people using /breakin will abuse it and spend an hour checking every single wall panel, looking for guns and goodies.

It has happened and it will continue to happen, ask your admin team.

Edited by Arielle
2 minutes ago, Arielle said:

Modern alarms are nowhere as expensive (relative to the GTAW economy) and if you don't install one in your house, people using /breakin will abuse it and spend an hour checking every single wall panel, looking for guns and goodies.

20.000$ in 30 Days is not much at all, compared to what u can earn on the server in an hour.

With /breakin, they still need an administrator looking over their shoulder, and I doubt they have that much time to check everything.

Still bad not to see suppressor/silencer attachments not being added. At least (rare to get them of course, pistols only at least.) But that idea's been supported by many players and it's good addition for illegal factions.

12 minutes ago, Arielle said:

Hi - to help soothe your mind, there would be NO way we would allow for that long of a search. We do have a guide on breakins in our administrative handbook, so please ease your worries with this 🙂

While we're at it, can we remove the drunk effect from drugs? 🙏
I know we can /stopeffect but idk how weed makes my character drunk.

Edit:
Other than that great update, good job! Can't wait to see it live.

Edited by Raven.
1 minute ago, Raven. said:

While we're at it, can we remove the drunk effect from drugs? 🙏
I know we can /stopeffect but idk how weed makes my character drunk.

Edit:
Other than that great update, good job! Can't wait to see it live.

I doooo think they are actually working on a more realistic drug effects add on atm.

• Thanks 1

10/10 Update, shit is wild can't wait.  People complaining about expensive alarms need to sit down and stop complaining though. 

IF YOU HAVE 2.000.000$ TO BUY A HOUSE THEN YOU CAN AFFORD THE REASONABLY PRICED ALARMS

And if you don't...then do you really need a alarm for your 2 room apartment?

11 hours ago, Nervous said:

You will now be able to break into an owned house once every 24 hours unsupervised by administrators.

Great idea but can this be used only once a week rather than 24 hours? Each player being able to rob a house every 24 hours will probably cause chaos. 

• Nervous locked this topic
  • Giga unpinned this topic