Charging minors with every crime as an adult?

Narco

6 minutes ago, SavageX said:

Lol you do realize gang factions target the young to manipulate them to join their ranks? No more micromanaging for the illegal community, please. There’s already enough applications that you gotta do simply faction related.

Adding this behind a application would just take months to reply and too much work and in reality no one is gonna get jumped in at eighteen on up  it just doesn’t make sense.

10 minutes ago, SavageX said:

Lol you do realize gang factions target the young to manipulate them to join their ranks? No more micromanaging for the illegal community, please. There’s already enough applications that you gotta do simply faction related.

Illegal factions should be held to the same standards as Legal factions when it comes to quality control and applications. If legal factions are micro managed to certain degrees, so should the illegal community.

Setting minor characters behind an application will rectify a lot of the stigma when it comes to people seeing an (M) next to their name. As the joke goes; the (M) is short for 'DMer'. It'll also rectify the issue that spawned this thread.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, SavageX said:

That’s the problem nobody wanna rp a minor we forced to rp this shit just to make a clone of reality of gang culture , this is a video game . We don’t got to recruit ages by reality , we can recruit 18+ , get rid of minors . Minor rp is boring af ain’t shit to do and I got accept getting my ass whooped by the big homies because they older than me by 5 years, smfh.  18 year old you get your strength as a man that’s when you can stack up size if you lift and shit .  And 18 is a more reasonable age to beat tf out of any old ass nigga  . 

Not all minor characters are bad. Just like not all illegal RP’ers are bad. Just like not all civilians are bad. The bad apples need to go.

Like many other areas of this server, this wouldn’t be an issue if we stopped being a teaching server and started treating these people with the same courtesy they show us (next to none). The ones who abuse this shit repeatedly, don’t need to be here. They don’t need to be ignored, they need to be removed. Plain and simple. Why do the troublemakers RP minors thinking they can get away it all? Because they are are allowed to. We just keep repeating the same cycle, scared to lose a few people over doing the right thing. Yep, I said it. Again. Sue me. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, SavageX said:

The problem I often see is gangs minors I see in my hood aren't in the same gang types portrayed in the game

Gangs with rifles and violent presence enough to be on a street and felt usually aren't 80% kids. Trust me I've lived in a ghetto long enough to know that. Gangs of kids tend to be tagging and fist fights only with knives throw in, I remember they used to have barb wire on my middleschool to stop them from grouping up outside school times. 

But a gang with rifles and violence and drive bys being 80% kids is extremely unrealistic and leads to slap on the wrist punishments when they should be getting the same punishments for violent felonies. 

The type of Gangs portrayed on this server do recruit young, but they aren't made up mostly of children

6 hours ago, Barbary said:

Here's an idea. If we want realism for M punishments let's start arresting M characters for truancy.

Tecnically 99% of them play after curfew too but I think being unable to walk down the street to rp is a little boring. 

Overall I agree with harsher punishments

41 minutes ago, Tingtingbingding said:

That’s the problem nobody wanna rp a minor we forced to rp this shit just to make a clone of reality of gang culture , this is a video game . We don’t got to recruit ages by reality , we can recruit 18+ , get rid of minors . Minor rp is boring af ain’t shit to do and I got accept getting my ass whooped by the big homies because they older than me by 5 years, smfh.  18 year old you get your strength as a man that’s when you can stack up size if you lift and shit .  And 18 is a more reasonable age to beat tf out of any old ass nigga  . 

No 18 year old is going to gang bang having made it to 18 and just done hooligan shit. I’m 24 and by 16 I was in the mindset of “finish school and move on with life” no mid to late teenager is going to join a gang unless they’re already balls deep in some business they aren’t able to escape.

43 minutes ago, RSanders said:

Illegal factions should be held to the same standards as Legal factions when it comes to quality control and applications. If legal factions are micro managed to certain degrees, so should the illegal community.

Setting minor characters behind an application will rectify a lot of the stigma when it comes to people seeing an (M) next to their name. As the joke goes; the (M) is short for 'DMer'. It'll also rectify the issue that spawned this thread.

Legal and illegal factions. Legal factions you have to apply for qualifications, IE an app. You don’t have to apply IRL to be 12 fucking years old. You just are.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

The main problem is there’s a lot(if not most) of people that rp adolescent/teens pretty poorly and solely making crime and violence as their personality trait.

You pretty much have locals that try too hard to be the next put on and be down for a set that they’ve been around for less than a day don’t get me wrong they are a few (M)’s I’ve come across that roleplay pretty well but the majority of other (M)’s from MY PERSONAL experience tend to come off as the copy and paste hood’s hothead (sCrax stated) which is overused. 

It’d be cool as fuck to see locals from other neighborhoods or sections to roleplay or interact with one another with a few booming businesses in South Central 

Yes thank you

I've only met one minor who was genuinely cool. My character is a medschool dropout and tried to help his injuries after he was jumped. Her pimp was in his gang and we had a heart to heart where he told me to do my best to get away from the gang or end up a target like him . 

And that the only reason he stayed was to have friends so he wasn't vulnerable to others

Too often it feels like I can't distinguish them because it's always the same character in reality. "Respect me because I'm a real banger, what you say! Imma get my whole gang to come beat you" (in some cases this becomes guns and robbery)

I wanna see more uniqueness behind these characters, ones who feel like they had no choice for protection, ones who do it for their momma, ones who do it because their friend is there and they wanna have their back. There's so much room for opportunities to make these Characters some of the coolest on the server but often people make them the same. Angry, young and dumb. 

It's why I think it should be a app based character. They should be held to higher standards, not less

43 minutes ago, Brofessor said:

Not all minor characters are bad. Just like not all illegal RP’ers are bad. Just like not all civilians are bad. The bad apples need to go.

Like many other areas of this server, this wouldn’t be an issue if we stopped being a teaching server and started treating these people with the same courtesy they show us (next to none). The ones who abuse this shit repeatedly, don’t need to be here. They don’t need to be ignored, they need to be removed. Plain and simple. Why do the troublemakers RP minors thinking they can get away it all? Because they are are allowed to. We just keep repeating the same cycle, scared to lose a few people over doing the right thing. Yep, I said it. Again. Sue me. 

Welp said but I do think it's unfair for legal rpers to all be the same middle class shopper with a decent car and great wage too. I'm not saying they are all like this but treating one side of the spectrum like they are on thin ice can be quit unfair 

• Wuhtah locked this topic