Charging minors with every crime as an adult?

Narco

2 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

?

I'm not sure what the initial statement has to do with the discussion. Minor characters fill their own role of serving as the foot soldiers of a nation wide gang crisis. I don't agree with this application thing and not sure what relevance it has to the original discussion as it is most people assume minor = criminal so because of a bad apples they have this bad rep of being robotic kids who shoot 5 cops during a traffic stop.

A few bad apples doesn't make the whole tree rotten. 

I do also ask you to reread what I said because sure my innitial statement is more of a personal grievance, but it does correlate with how they are often played due to how lax they are treated

I.e this topic

6 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

I'm convinced having minors on the server is more harmful than beneficial

While it opens the door to amazing coming of age stories and being manipulated into a bad life

People just use it as a young and dumb excuse in reality to get away with crap with what can be considered slaps on the wrist punishments for shootings and all that

Minors need to be an application role. How many just get on and alt and wait for an hour or 3 to get back on the character. If people can't potray them Correctly then I'm sorry, it needs to be reserved for those willing to try harder to make them stand out as reasonable Characters to have 

No disrespect, but take it with a grain of salt for the follow;

You aren't American (assumingly) where I'm from (Ohio) juveniles are even given less harsher punishments, unless it is a Felony and depending on their age 16-17 they're trialed as adults. Although that is a case by case basis. Across all of America, minors get slaps on the wrists because young n dumb or whatever the verdict might be. You for a fact have little room to speak on the matter of (m)inor roleplay as the community and yourself know what I'm on about. Respectfully think realistically here before replying.

But like the first post (not OP) said, it's for a balance purpose really, even if we wanted to go the realistic route it would prolly take a few weeks to a month to rewrite and include all the charges for minors asper the California penal code for charging minors.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Orpheus49 said:

At the same time it seems like every fruit that falls from that Damm tree is rotten

I don't mean to insult anyone with that it just genuinely feels that way sometimes

As an illegal roleplayer myself, I can understand the frustration with (M) characters, as sometimes a lot of their portrayal can be pretty bad. The same can be said for a ton of legal characters, who treat the server like second life and so on. 

You shouldn't lock an entire genre of roleplay behind an application just because of this, though. There are just as many good, developed characters as there are bad, you just likely haven't ran into them due to the type of character you play. 

Almost every legal roleplayer I come across, seems like the stereotypical mallrat with an expensive luxury vehicle and blue hair, do I come for all legal roleplayers because of that? No, because I know there are plenty of them out there who DO roleplay character development properly, I'm just less likely to come across them due to how I play my character, there's nothing wrong with that.

35 minutes ago, YAOMINGFROMEASTSIDELONGOS said:

Almost every legal roleplayer I come across, seems like the stereotypical mallrat with an expensive luxury vehicle and blue hair, do I come for all legal roleplayers because of that? No, because I know there are plenty of them out there who DO roleplay character development properly, I'm just less likely to come across them due to how I play my character, there's nothing wrong with that.

I've actually seen plenty who don't fit this bill, often find them in the hawick or legion area, or bartending

The luxury characters actually kinda bug me too, and I'm a legal player 

1 hour ago, SavageX said:

You aren't American (assumingly) where I'm from (Ohio) juveniles are even given less harsher punishments, unless it is a Felony and depending on their age 16-17 they're trialed as adults. Although that is a case by case basis. Across all of America, minors get slaps on the wrists because young n dumb or whatever the verdict might be. You for a fact have little room to speak on the matter of (m)inor roleplay as the community and yourself know what I'm on about. Respectfully think realistically here before replying.

But like the first post (not OP) said, it's for a balance purpose really, even if we wanted to go the realistic route it would prolly take a few weeks to a month to rewrite and include all the charges for minors asper the California penal code for charging minors.

I actually live in the same area portrayed by Davis. And the degree it's portrayed on this server is completely unrealistic

I find it easier to walk down the street in irl davis to get some milk than it is to go to the clothing store in game without someone hitting on me and assaulting me because I won't reciprocate 

OR! Hear me out! Gang members, especially M dudes can do less violent crimes and use bats and shanks and fists to beat each other up over territory or whatever disputes they have instead of shooting up whole blocks and risking dying or taking a 10 year charge for murder. Shooting up a block can make sense when you’re aiming for higher profile members bro, not when a 15 year old M made a slight reference about your crackhead mother. I feel like those characters don’t face enough consequences, let alone lower their jail time. If we do that the whole Davis area will be utter chaos. It’s bad as is. 

17 minutes ago, JackH. said:

OR! Hear me out! Gang members, especially M dudes can do less violent crimes and use bats and shanks and fists to beat each other up over territory or whatever disputes they have instead of shooting up whole blocks and risking dying or taking a 10 year charge for murder. Shooting up a block can make sense when you’re aiming for higher profile members bro, not when a 15 year old M made a slight reference about your crackhead mother. I feel like those characters don’t face enough consequences, let alone lower their jail time. If we do that the whole Davis area will be utter chaos. It’s bad as is. 

How dare you spit some actual facts, are you trying to limit (M)'s characters roleplay to simply bats and knives!?

13 hours ago, SavageX said:

So minors get slaps on the wrists after quintuple homicide with automatic assault rifles, by using a 4 wheel vehicle while also breaking tons of transit laws, reckless driving, drug usage, resisting arrest and trying to murder several deputies while endangering several bystanders, all at the same time?

Even the most gangsta of gangsta will break down when they are sentenced to "Life without parole or death". They fear jail IRL, even at the most corrupted country like mine, criminals still fear going to jail since Jail is another place where they start from zero, they ain't bosses anymore, they serve to a greater power that ain't their gangs anymore.

Edited by Xaleya
21 minutes ago, JackH. said:

OR! Hear me out! Gang members, especially M dudes can do less violent crimes and use bats and shanks and fists to beat each other up over territory or whatever disputes they have instead of shooting up whole blocks and risking dying or taking a 10 year charge for murder. Shooting up a block can make sense when you’re aiming for higher profile members bro

You still getting charged with murder if caught, it doesnt matter if u did it by a gun or by a knife. In a realistic level, guns are a go-to for people which are scared to run up on somebody and hand-to-hand combat them with a knife or a melee weapon.

4 minutes ago, Timzii said:

How dare you spit some actual facts, are you trying to limit (M)'s characters roleplay to simply bats and knives!?

u know nothing about illegal roleplay pls stop acting like u do, those are not facts, those are just preferences + this aint the uk &  guns are everywhere so limiting illegal roleplayers to knives and bats is never gonna happen lol

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic