Charging minors with every crime as an adult?

Narco

Due to the fact that most minor characters behave exactly like adults (no fear to police, blockwiping, driving their cars with no issues, etc, etc) then it makes sense to charge them same with adults. Obviously, there are some factions/groups who appropriately roleplay as a minor character and I'm giving them credit for it.

Until minors get automatic age up based on the crimes they are being sentenced and until they are locked behind character applications (to minimize, perhaps, the number of unrealistic minor characters), I do not think they will be charged as juvenile nor charged with light sentence.

Edited by thekillergreece
26 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Due to the fact that most minor characters behave exactly like adults (no fear to police, blockwiping, driving their cars with no issues, etc, etc) then it makes sense to charge them same with adults. Obviously, there are some factions/groups who appropriately roleplay as a minor character and I'm giving them credit for it.

Until minors get automatic age up based on the crimes they are being sentenced and until they are locked behind character applications (to minimize, perhaps, the number of unrealistic minor characters), I do not think they will be charged as juvenile nor charged with light sentence.

I can understand for murder and serious violent crimes although I don't believe they should be charged as an adult for stealing a car, taking a purse, stuff like that. 

Age-ups after jail should be enforced honestly.

The only issue I'd see with that however, is (M) characters being throw-aways for players that want to keep joining the same faction. Some don't roleplay the character's, only the concept, which ... is a shame.

3 hours ago, Lomadias said:

Age-ups after jail should be enforced honestly.

The only issue I'd see with that however, is (M) characters being throw-aways for players that want to keep joining the same faction. Some don't roleplay the character's, only the concept, which ... is a shame.

I don't entirely agree with this, we should avoid forcing any sort of age up that is beyond 1 day = 1 day. This creates a really weird problem already, at least in custody, because you get characters who show up relatively young and a few months later are damn near older than your character. 

It also kinda force skips out on the critical time period for radicalization to actually be developed and roleplayed, which, youth involved in gang activities *should* consider as radicalization is a very real process that would lead to, for example, people conducting activities like "blockwipes". Radicalization is especially more prominent in the prisons and jails than the streets, in fact, LACJ was the first set of custodial facilities in the entire nation to have a dedicated staff to combat radicalization.

Edited by Midwest

So let's lock the characters up for a realistic time, that way;

- the prison will populate,

- prison roleplay will pick up,

- aging up will be appropriate,

- OOC sentiment of not allowing people to age up is dealt with,

- crime will actually be fought instead of it having to be repeated over and over.

Oh wait, it's just a game...consequences shouldn't have to be roleplayed, right?

Sorry, not sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
1 hour ago, Midwest said:

I don't entirely agree with this, we should avoid forcing any sort of age up that is beyond 1 day = 1 day.

So you would rather see Firstname Lastname (M) doing a stint for second degree murder for the third time at age 16?

• Upvote 1

If you're old enough to do the crime you're old enough to do the time. It's a pretty simple concept really. If you gun down rivals with AKs in broad daylight, why should you get special treatment so you can get out sooner to do it all again? The portrayal of minor characters in general needs to be sorted out before we can look at making the prison system more realistic, why should devs go through the trouble of doing that if players won't even try to be realistic?

Since most GTAW teens are unstable and can't take a simple insult without loosing it, how the hell are they gonna be able to cope with killing someone? Nothing can prepare an emotionally unstable adolescent for dealing with the aftermath of killing someone. A teenager is underdeveloped in every single physical and mental way, even more so if they're living in derelict neighborhoods and dirt poor families. But I guess shooting someone for calling you a dumb cunt is much more fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic