Ban people that put white wall tires on their SPORT CARS AND TRUCKS!

Straw

17 hours ago, Brofessor said:

While we're at it, let's make deaths on characters permanent. No PK's. We want to be realistic right? Let's adjust income back down normal rather than give people an easy $200,000 to start with. Let's make people wait DAYS for car work to be done because it doesn't take 15 minutes. We want to be realistic right

Casually waiting on OP to keep ignoring my posts because they make sense and refutes their entire argument.

Yes. To literally every single one of these suggestions. The server would be much better if they were implemented.

I also don't advise editing your posts to point out that people aren't responding to them. It does a horrible combination of making you come across as both arrogant and desperate. Not to mention, it draws attention away from the topic and towards yourself.

OT:

Agreed.

I don't like the idea that just because something happens in real life, that it's considered "realistic". Something being realistic means that it's plausible and doesn't require suspension of disbelief. 

Roleplaying is story telling; and if you're a good storyteller, you keep things within that ruleset. In real life, two long lost brothers can get hit by a car at the exact same time, break the same bones, and end up at the same hospital despite the accidents occurring 300 miles apart, and be visited by girlfriends who both have blonde hair and blue eyes. But if you see the same thing in a movie, it seems really lazy, contrived, and unbelievable. 

If it messes with the suspension of disbelief, it needs to be fixed. While sometimes, this is inevitable (crime rates, number of gangs, etc), in this case, it's entirely avoidable. You're not going to lose any of the player base by demanding that their vehicles have some semblance of realistic aesthetic (as compared to say, OOC'ly regulating crime rates, which is definitely going to cost players).

I don't think there should be a rule per se (I hate OOC oversight where it isn't necessary), more just that admins be willing to punish people for poor portrayal when their twenty year old bartender rolls up in his 2022 Paragon with white rims and an anime paintjob.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Shokkoth said:

VgBNIx7.png

ysVOl6U.png

Heavy roleplay server

I do get what you mean, it's ugly. -- Holy shit it's ugly. I'm not saying otherwise.

But what isn't "Heavy-RP" about this, exactly?

I mean, I do see the issue. It makes no sense for someone to put those rims on an ATV that's supposed to go off road, and rest assured, I'm not going to use any "But it happens IRL" arguments because GTA W hates hearing this argument when it's not convenient.

In fact, quite the contrary, what makes this "Far-fetched" in the context of GTA: World, a world where you don't have to stick to 1:1 realism, a world where using heavy drugs means enhancing your health, a world where it's perfectly fine for most people to pay 5000 dollars for a plastic mask and 250 dollars for a glass of mediocre wine? Are these pictures not okay because they're unrealistic in the context of a fictional world like GTA World, or because of personal preferences? Because sure if it was all about personal preferences and true realism, of course I'd want these gone too.

What bothers me the most about realism in the first picture? It's the total lack of riding gear, slide on the asphalt with this? You're a pizza. The complete lack of concern for this potential of permanent damage is what ticks me off, not the bike itself. They can have golden rims for all I care, but you're not going to make me believe that people can hop on a sports motorcycle with no gear, not even gloves, and feel completely fine and safe going at high rates of speeds (if any speed at all).

Then again, I guess the "It happens IRL!" argument could apply here too and we could say that people do it all the time IRL, right? Except that argument apparently doesn't apply to GTA World. So we have to make do with what we have and use GTA: World examples.

Therefore, we can conclude that riding without gear is completely fine as well in GTA: World -- And the lack of concern for safety it is not unrealistic nor immersion breaking because it happens frequently. And so should putting ridiculous decals and rims on your vehicles.

2 hours ago, Shokkoth said:

VgBNIx7.png

ysVOl6U.png

Heavy roleplay server

Ok lets turn this comment section into a diss track of ugly cars with white walls. Also perfect time to suggest to also add a vomit face emoji, this photo needs it badly

• Upvote 1

It's supposed to be enforced IC by law enforcement with traffic laws because riding without appropriate gear is a fine. But it's just not at all convenient for LEOs to try and enforce this. Over ninety percent of motorcycle riders in-game would pull over, or run immediately. So half the time law enforcement just doesn't care, unless you're in park ranger land, then they get pulled over a lot.

15 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

I do get what you mean, it's ugly. -- Holy shit it's ugly. I'm not saying otherwise.

But what isn't "Heavy-RP" about this, exactly?

I mean, I do see the issue. It makes no sense for someone to put those rims on an ATV that's supposed to go off road, and rest assured, I'm not going to use any "But it happens IRL" arguments because GTA W hates hearing this argument when it's not convenient.

In fact, quite the contrary, what makes this "Far-fetched" in the context of GTA: World, a world where you don't have to stick to 1:1 realism, a world where using heavy drugs means enhancing your health, a world where it's perfectly fine for most people to pay 5000 dollars for a plastic mask and 250 dollars for a glass of mediocre wine? Are these pictures not okay because they're unrealistic in the context of a fictional world like GTA World, or because of personal preferences? Because sure if it was all about personal preferences and true realism, of course I'd want these gone too.

What bothers me the most about realism in the first picture? It's the total lack of riding gear, slide on the asphalt with this? You're a pizza. The complete lack of concern for this potential of permanent damage is what ticks me off, not the bike itself. They can have golden rims for all I care, but you're not going to make me believe that people can hop on a sports motorcycle with no gear, not even gloves, and feel completely fine and safe going at high rates of speeds (if any speed at all).

Then again, I guess the "It happens IRL!" argument could apply here too and we could say that people do it all the time IRL, right? Except that argument apparently doesn't apply to GTA World. So we have to make do with what we have and use GTA: World examples.

Therefore, we can conclude that riding without gear is completely fine as well in GTA: World -- And the lack of concern for safety it is not unrealistic nor immersion breaking because it happens frequently. And so should putting ridiculous decals and rims on your vehicles.

2 hours ago, NickyW said:

Yes. To literally every single one of these suggestions. The server would be much better if they were implemented.

On paper, these sounds great, but my observation is that players typically avoid permadeath (in any RP environment) like the plague. We do have the option for CK, but it seems to be pretty well guarded. If you rolled out these changes, you would eviscerate the player base.

2 hours ago, NickyW said:

I don't think there should be a rule per se (I hate OOC oversight where it isn't necessary), more just that admins be willing to punish people for poor portrayal when their twenty year old bartender rolls up in his 2022 Paragon with white rims and an anime paintjob.

Isn't that exactly what you're suggesting though?

If they punish people for having a dumb looking car, that essentially sets a precedent that dumb looking cars are not allowed. I feel as though this might open the door for new "punishments." Silly outfits, crazy accents, strange characters... those may be next. There are far more pressing matters that need attention.

I feel as though that would also close the door for some RP. There's a guy driving around with a car that has multi colored paint panels and green underglow. His RP is that his mechanic screwed up (probably just didn't understand him). That led to roleplay that literally had me crying in real life at how funny it was. Was it perfect portrayal? I don't know, and I frankly don't care. What I do know is that this character is an absolute joy and a breath of fresh air. If he got restricted because people want to nitpick and ultimately control his roleplay, it would be disappointing.

Let's do less nitpicking of very minor roleplay elements through administrative action. The admins already have enough on their plate. We're now going to make them the arbiters of what paint colors are unrealistic? We'll ask them to answer reports such as: "Doug has white wheels, please issue a warning?"

It's easy to suggest enforcement of things you might not like, but there is a cost on the back end of time and effort. Let's give them a break please.

Edited by oliviarav3n
Adding a little clarification to my second to last point.
41 minutes ago, oliviarav3n said:

On paper, these sounds great, but my observation is that players typically avoid permadeath (in any RP environment) like the plague. We do have the option for CK, but it seems to be pretty well guarded. If you rolled out these changes, you would eviscerate the player base.

Isn't that exactly what you're suggesting though?

If they punish people for having a dumb looking car, that essentially sets a precedent that dumb looking cars are not allowed. I feel as though this might open the door for new "punishments." Silly outfits, crazy accents, strange characters... those may be next. There are far more pressing matters that need attention.

I feel as though that would also close the door for some RP. There's a guy driving around with a car that has multi colored paint panels and green underglow. His RP is that his mechanic screwed up (probably just didn't understand him). That led to roleplay that literally had me crying in real life at how funny it was. Was it perfect portrayal? I don't know, and I frankly don't care. What I do know is that this character is an absolute joy and a breath of fresh air. If he got restricted because people want to nitpick and ultimately control his roleplay, it would be disappointing.

Let's do less nitpicking of very minor roleplay elements through administrative action. The admins already have enough on their plate. We're now going to make them the arbiters of what paint colors are unrealistic? We'll ask them to answer reports such as: "Doug has white wheels, please issue a warning?"

It's easy to suggest enforcement of things you might not like, but there is a cost on the back end of time and effort. Let's give them a break please.

Don't blow it out of proportion buddy, I swear some of y'all love to overexaggerate lmao. It's not that " doug has white wheels" if you get to spectate Doug you'll see he does nothing but afk at a 24/7 for 2 hours to collect a paycheck, then move on to his mechanic job, then his bartend shift, then his security shift then go to his Eclipse Tower penthouse, it's a stereotype but it's a real one, that seems to be affecting this server from what I noticed. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Straw said:

Don't blow it out of proportion buddy, I swear some of y'all love to overexaggerate lmao. It's not that " doug has white wheels" if you get to spectate Doug you'll see he does nothing but afk at a 24/7 for 2 hours to collect a paycheck, then move on to his mechanic job, then his bartend shift, then his security shift then go to his Eclipse Tower penthouse, it's a stereotype but it's a real one, that seems to be affecting this server from what I noticed. 

i would leave it to rpqm admins, but they do the same so i don't think any warnings would be given to these players

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic